Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

How's Wario play in this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The controls don't bother me as much as the tiny screen. I never got a 3DS XL, and I'm definitely not now with the dumb licensing and the New 3DS coming out in (probably) the next 6 months or so.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lizard Wizard posted:

How's Wario play in this?

Fast and dangerous.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Fast and dangerous.

*eats motorcycle*

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I love the danger scale in classic

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Huh why can't I connect to any online matches? I get an error code every time.

I dl'ed the game fine though.

Coral Reefer
Feb 19, 2005

I touched a clown and now I am going to jail. I hope they let me keep my beard.
Grimey Drawer
Added my Friend Code to that spreadsheet. Waiting to download this game. So excited!

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Pro click.

I can't win online with Lucina. :(

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Cool game, but just one thing.

WHY ISNT SMASH RUN ONLINE MULTIPLAYER

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please don't support nintendo they are thieves.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Lol. This guy is such a literal child of a man that he doesn't realize that in a real world situation where someone charged you and didn't deliver you would just cancel the credit card payment.

"Oh no these thieves processed a credit card payment what shall I do!?" *runs to Twitter*

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Enjoying the new Classic mode! Looks like with the default amount of coins you can only crank the intensity up to 5.9, so it seems like you have to play on lower intensities to build up a gold stash and then wager it on higher intensities.

However, playing this is actually stressing my button thumb more than usual. Using a 3DS XL - any advice on how to hold it for Smashing?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, found out quitting a Classic mode session takes away any coins you used. I did this since I kept dying in 7.1 as Bowser on the first stage and didn't want to waste a life on a early death.

I like the game a lot, but I really dislike the 3DS controls even after remapping them. I can't do a smash attack on the analog nob for the life of me.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This isn't surprising considering it DSP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abYKKrCkF-c

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

KingSlime posted:

Huh why can't I connect to any online matches? I get an error code every time.

I dl'ed the game fine though.

Did you download the 1.01 patch?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Isn't DSP the gibbering manchild who screams about how he can't understand what's going on in every game up to and including ones that have literal tutorials onscreen that he ignores because he's an idiot

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

So is it true the game has no d pad support? Like, you HAVE to use the circle pad?

That sucks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

President Ark posted:

Isn't DSP the gibbering manchild who screams about how he can't understand what's going on in every game up to and including ones that have literal tutorials onscreen that he ignores because he's an idiot

Nailed it

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER
I like to play as Toon Link.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Rirse posted:

Ugh, found out quitting a Classic mode session takes away any coins you used. I did this since I kept dying in 7.1 as Bowser on the first stage and didn't want to waste a life on a early death.

I like the game a lot, but I really dislike the 3DS controls even after remapping them. I can't do a smash attack on the analog nob for the life of me.

In Classic, you actually get 2 stocks that refill every match so don't worry about losing 1 stock. Worry about using continues, cos that might prevent character unlocks.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TheComicFiend posted:

In Classic, you actually get 2 stocks that refill every match so don't worry about losing 1 stock. Worry about using continues, cos that might prevent character unlocks.

It doesn't.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
Little Mac is loving awesome if you like punching people in the grill a million times.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I love it. Wanna get punched in the grill a million times sometime tonight? ;)

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

GenoCanSing posted:

So is it true the game has no d pad support? Like, you HAVE to use the circle pad?
Analogue and diagonal inputs are kind of important to Smash man

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

President Ark posted:

he's also a massive racist who made tons of jokes about the japanese earthquakes (not just one off-color joke, but loving constantly) and spent the entirety of his dynasty warriors videos making CHONG CHONG SUCKY SUCKY-type jokes

frankly if nintendo stole his money then that makes me want to support them even more

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Has anyone else gotten a lot more Mii hats than costumes? I've gotten like ten hats but not a single costume outside of challenges.

IAD
Jan 28, 2011

Captain Marvelous!
Ike feels better than his PoR Brawl days, no sympathy this time no sirree!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Endorph posted:

frankly if nintendo stole his money then that makes me want to support them even more

They didn't steal his money though, he figured out that it was downloading, he is just an utter moron.

It's like if you order a pizza and the pizza guy gets stuck in traffic so you go on Twitter to say "PIZZA HUT STOLE MY MONEY!" and then lo and behold the pizza guy actually gets there 2 minutes later. So then you tweet about how delicious the pizza is with no self awareness.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Are you guys remapping the controls or using the default? And is the default on the demo the same as the defualt in the full version?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

They didn't steal his money though, he figured out that it was downloading, he is just an utter moron.

It's like if you order a pizza and the pizza guy gets stuck in traffic so you go on Twitter to say "PIZZA HUT STOLE MY MONEY!" and then lo and behold the pizza guy actually gets there 2 minutes later. So then you tweet about how delicious the pizza is with no self awareness.

Thank you for putting this into relatable terms

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dunban posted:

Has anyone else gotten a lot more Mii hats than costumes? I've gotten like ten hats but not a single costume outside of challenges.

I made a Brawler and I have about 5 costumes for gunners and 5 for swordsman but none for the Brawler itself. The RNG is rough on oufits.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Philosopher King posted:

Are you guys remapping the controls or using the default? And is the default on the demo the same as the defualt in the full version?

I just swapped shield with grab and turned off tap-to-jump. It took a little while to adjust to the jump button where it was, but it's fine now.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Philosopher King posted:

I don't even have the full game yet but I know I'm going to swap the triggers so that L is shield and R is grab. It's the only thing that messes me up when playing the demo. I have no idea why L is grab by default, grab has always been a button with your right index finger, never your left.

Also, turning off up-to-jump so I can reliably do Mega Man's shoryuken since it's :krad: and has way more KO-power behind it than I think an uptilt would.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Thank you for putting this into relatable terms

I figure all goons, like me, like shoveling entire pizzas into their gullet and get furious when the delivery is not instantaneous.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

GenoCanSing posted:

That sucks.

New to the series, or...?

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Brawl supported sideways wiimote controls.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How's Samus (and ZSS) compared to Brawl?

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

That sucks.
using the dpad for movement wouldn't be that good, but the dpad could have been used for smash attacks like the c-stick

gonna go pick up my copy in about 2 hours, a whole new phase of my life begins... portable smash bros

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
when did ness become such a loving beast holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

First impression, Marth got a lot worse in this game. His sword is super short, you can't abuse the jumping forward slash and the up tilt swipe doesn't hit behind you and the follow through takes forever.

No real loss though because Ness owns bones now and Villager is goofy as poo poo, he rules.

:rip: Ice Climbers :smith:

BlackCircle posted:

Little Mac is loving awesome if you like punching people in the grill a million times.

Yeah also this, I've really only touched Villager and Little Mac of the new guys and they both kick rear end.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 3, 2014

• Locked thread