Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«399 »
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Yeah I agree that it's a 100% race thing. The guns just made it easier to do what they already wanted to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Dick Burglar posted:

This is all I needed to read. The DA is gonna make a show of "considering" charges, but likely nothing will happen because at the idea of charging a former FELLOW THIN BLUE LINER

Then again, governments are starting to hold bad cops accountable, on a very shoddy and piecemeal basis, so who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised that a loving premeditated murderer will actually be charged with something!

I had the fun experience of reading some reports on NYPD training and discipline yesterday. The way their system is set up, you can commit policy violations and abuse people for years without getting fired.

A 2008 report found that anyone who had more than 3.1 points on their record (applied when they violate policy, commit a crime, abuse someone, etc.) was 3x more likely to be involved in a shooting, and the report's writers carefully said that there's no way to extrapolate anything useful from that data to make policy changes. The number of points you needed to be put on monitoring for behavior was 20.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Some triggered, fragile boy in TFR keeps buying Numlock avatars, because Numlock said Nazis are bad.

Spending money to delete anti-Nazi avatars to trigger the libs.

Get well, Lowtax.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2020...ting-grand-jury

The further details about why the shooters werenít immediately arrested is infuriating.

As far as I can tell they (The shooters) didnít actually lie about anything, they just up front said they got a lynch mob together and chased down the first black guy they saw. They might of lied about seeing the victim looking at a house under construction but who doesnít do that?

The DA that finally took the case wrote a letter saying that it was completely reasonable that three armed white men in a truck could chase down a black man in rural Georgia, screaming that they ďjust wanted to talkĒ and it was in-fact the black man who acted unreasonably by trying to run away and when cornered attacked the shotgun wielding man who got out of the truck to just ask him a question. So it was obviously self defense. Oh yeah the Blackman got in trouble a few times in high school so heís obviously a bad person.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Here in California, you cannot claim self-defense if you are the aggressor, except if the victim responds with excessive force or doesn't stop using force after you make clear you're no longer using force.

I don't understand how that isn't just The Standard when it comes to self-defense claims in the country. You don't get to be a fucktard and accost someone on a vague suspicion of maybe kinda sorta having to do something with a minor property crime a loving month before, and then claim you were in fear for your life when they try to grab that shotgun like their life depended on it, and any law that says otherwise is a bad law and needs to be changed.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

I Demand Food posted:

Here in California, you cannot claim self-defense if you are the aggressor, except if the victim responds with excessive force or doesn't stop using force after you make clear you're no longer using force.

I don't understand how that isn't just The Standard when it comes to self-defense claims in the country. You don't get to be a fucktard and accost someone on a vague suspicion of maybe kinda sorta having to do something with a minor property crime a loving month before, and then claim you were in fear for your life when they try to grab that shotgun like their life depended on it, and any law that says otherwise is a bad law and needs to be changed.

Unfortunately, that is also the standard that was used for George Zimmerman. They judged that the injuries he received as a result of stalking and harassing a black teen for no reason made lethal force justifiable.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 27, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Pillbug

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ah...TAZEPSZCOMM3AY/

Both father and son were arrested and charged with murder and aggravated assault a short while ago. All it took was a massive social media campaign and video footage of a massively unjustifiable shooting to get there!

I hope they bury these fuckers under the prison.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

Better late than never and all, but goddamn.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Iím absolutely shocked that within a day of the case being taken away from the local department and given to the state charges were pressed.

Everybody at that local department who had this case cross their desk but did nothing should be charged as accessories after the fact.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Hopefully, they change the venue. Somehow I doubt the local idiotry will put these two good ol' boys any danger of being convicted.

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

Numlock posted:

Oh yeah the Blackman got in trouble a few times in high school so heís obviously a bad person.
Basically 100% of the time an Oakley-wearing, buzzcut, pear-headed White guy ~~self-defenses~~ an unarmed Black guy, there's a sonic boom you can hear nationwide from all the knees jerking to go over the victim's personal life with a fine-toothed dirt comb looking for any kind of legal infraction or dumb kid frontin' like a badass social media post they might have made, which is always presented as CASE CLOSED!!! justification for getting shot, as if the killer could have known any of that at the time. If the victim has a mug shot that's the only photo you'll see on the news, and if they don't then the worst photo an investigator can dig up in a hurry will get manipulated like the black and white image of the opposing candidate in a political ad when the music drops; meanwhile the nicest and cleanest Family Photo Day picture of the killer with his 2.3 kids and Wife 3.0 and little dog Checkers is always onscreen on the right hand side for visual contrast and narrative closure.

I Demand Food posted:

In Texas, any self defense instructor worth paying will hammer it into your memory that the law very specifically says that if you taunt someone into taking a swing at you, you don't get to claim self defense for swinging back; both-a y'all dumbasses are goin' to jail for assault. Your first responsibility if confronted by an aggressor is to de-escalate the situation if at all possible, because if you do and they back down, nobody caught any fists or hollowpoints and that counts as a Win; if you do and they keep coming at you, now it's been clearly established that you tried to de-escalate it before it got worse and they're clearly at fault if it does.

That said... motherfucker is less than a truck's width away and comin' at you with a shotgun, the correct thing to do is step inside it and get a death grip on the barrel to point it away from you while you gently caress them up any and every way you can, because even if you're armed you can't outdraw a muzzle, and a shotgun in the hand means a gunshot in the intent. Arbery had the right response in that situation-- he tried several times to get away from the motherfuckers, and went for controlling the gun when he couldn't-- he just caught lovely luck with it and wasn't able to follow through.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

I honestly just have no idea what I would do if armed people chased me in a truck and attacked me like that. Terrifying.

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

Anybody by chance see a LCP 2 life rack in the wild yet? Looks to be a 22lr version of the lcp 2

Halloween Jack posted:

I'd never considered the PPS M2, but it looks like basically what I want. That said, it looks like some Shields are even cheaper; I thought that one was very well regarded around here.

The thing about PPS M2 is while theyíre extremely cheap now, theyíve had barrel peening issues for a long time that I donít think theyíve ever fully sorted out. Try for newer manufacture.

Tyler Whitney fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 8, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Because of my family being split down idealogical lines, my social media is a big mishmash of different types of people. Some of those people hold extremely dumb and ignorant opinions.

However, this is the first time I have seen every single person, including the people who defended George Zimmerman, absolutely say, "gently caress those two murderers." I'd be willing to bet it's because of the video. It's hard to argue with your eyes.

But, because I looked at social media, I found this gem. This is from the guy who called publicly said to me, "You are a coward. I went to Iraq in 2008. I have high blood pressure. I'm at risk and I'm not afraid."

I keep most of my life/health quiet on social media and had the joy of seeing him gently caress right off when mentioned my health issues.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ah...TAZEPSZCOMM3AY/

Both father and son were arrested and charged with murder and aggravated assault a short while ago. All it took was a massive social media campaign and video footage of a massively unjustifiable shooting to get there!

I hope they bury these fuckers under the prison.

"McMichael used to work in county law enforcement with his son Travis."

You don't say...

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Tyler Whitney posted:

Anybody by chance see a LCP 2 life rack in the wild yet? Looks to be a 22lr version of the lcp 2

Well, nobody here goes around showing off their concealed guns. So, I'll assume that by "in the wild," you mean in a store.

And yeah, I've seen them in the store. I believe they're right around the same price as the 380 version. An old cop at the range I used to shoot at back in the before times said that if he was going to carry a pocket pistol, he'd probably go for a 22, and he thought the LCP 2 LR looked pretty neat.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

Anyone have experience with the Agis AIWB holster from Tier 1 Concealed?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Captain Log posted:

Have you carried much before? I'm not being bitchy, I just ask because pocket carrying takes some getting used to.

I remember being worried about not having a safety on my defensive pocket gun. But with a good holster and the discipline to not finger the firearm in your pocket, you've not got anything to worry about.

I'd be more worried about having a situation go from zero to one hundred in a second, deciding you need to save your life by putting shots on someone, and remembering to flip off the fiddly little safety. I'd worry more about that.

I pocket carry an LC9S every day and one of the selling points was that it didn't have a safety. It sits in a DeSantis Nemesis v5 and I've never worried once that it'll go off. At first I did keep the chamber dark but once I got used to it I stopped doing that.

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

it isn't easy being a cross dominate shooter.

Toshokan posted:

Anyone have experience with the Agis AIWB holster from Tier 1 Concealed?

Sidecar-style holsters in general are not good. You should consider getting a separate holster & mag pouch.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I'm doing some video instruction with a goon soon as my first step towards taking a class or shooting a comp. I'm sure that's really going to illuminate the question I'm about to ask -

- If I wanted to try out an AIWB holster without breaking the bank, what's the go to? I'm talking used DeSantis holster prices. I've got a holster drawer and know there isn't any way to figure out if you'll like a holster until it's been worn for a while. What's a decent starter option?

I'd be using it for a G43 with a TLR-6.

Also, this question has been brought on by weight loss. Almost all my belts are ridiculously too big now. Like, wrap around to my butt big because I already had oversized belts from being even heavier in the past. What's a good, reasonably priced gun belt that doesn't look like it belongs on grandpa? I've worn a CrossBreed for ages. It it a little..."Dad Belt-ish" but not awful. I was wondering what the current consensus on gun belts had been.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Do you carry with your shirt tucked, or not? If you don't carry with your shirt tucked, why worry about what your belt looks like?

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

I have a Blue Alpha Gear mini cobra buckle belt as my main carry belt and I love it.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Wait, what is a dad belt?

I started using an instructor belt from recommendations here after I found normal belt buckles, even on super thick leather "gun" belts, to be lackluster for adjustments. If I need to wear a dress belt, it means my shirt is tucked and I'm pocket carrying at that point. My IWB holster allows for tucking, but I'm not wearing 90's dress shirts so that poo poo prints like crazy for me.

Mine is a 5.11

armorer posted:

I have a Blue Alpha Gear mini cobra buckle belt as my main carry belt and I love it.

I'm going to have to give that a try sometime. The large buckle on my 5.11 can get irritating if I'm on a bike or something.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 11, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Craptacular posted:

Do you carry with your shirt tucked, or not? If you don't carry with your shirt tucked, why worry about what your belt looks like?

Depends what I'm wearing. Some shirts get tucked, others don't.

Regardless, I'd prefer have something that looks nice. I'd rather have a nice looking belt than not. You can tell a lot from a person by their belt, shoes, and wallet.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

If you carry AIWB, then you'll find that a belt that doesn't have a traditional buckle will make it easier, since the buckle won't be blocking where you can place the gun or holster attachments. The only problem is that most such belts aren't exactly stylish.

I only rarely carry tucked and I use this belt most often. https://vdevgru.com/products/meging...ry-belt-ver-3-0 What's nice is that it's infinitely adjustable.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Iíve always worn leather belts. Iíve been on the fence with the....fabric belts? Nylon belts? Whatever they are.

I really like how rigid the leather on my Crossbreed is, but itís loving bulky.

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

"infinitely adjustable" and "leather" don't really go together.

There's this belt from Mean Gene Leather that has an Aegis buckle but I have no personal experience, and IMO that buckle is godawful for anything except Cowboy Casual.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

poopgiggle posted:

There's this belt from Mean Gene Leather that has an Aegis buckle but I have no personal experience, and IMO that buckle is godawful for anything except Cowboy Casual.

I wasnít looking for infinitely adjustable. I just need some belts that fit and wanted to know what everyone is rocking these days.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

poopgiggle posted:

I have this belt, I certainly wouldn't wear it with a suit but I've worn it with business casual and only felt moderately cringey. Other than the look of the buckle it's a fantastic belt.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

This is the belt that I adore from a function perspective. My only complaint isn't even really a complaint - it's bulky as gently caress.

I wouldn't mind have something a little sleeker.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

I can literally put a 50lb dumb bell on the edge of my blue alpha gear belt and it doesn't fold over. It is very, very stiff webbing.

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I wasnít looking for infinitely adjustable. I just need some belts that fit and wanted to know what everyone is rocking these days.

Ah. I still wear a Beltman sometimes and it's good. TBH anything that is stiff enough to hold a gun up is gonna be thick. Maybe something that uses a plastic stiffener instead of two layers of cowhide? I've had stiffened belts before but they looked like rear end so I don't want to recommend them.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

poopgiggle posted:

They do exist though, sort of. Not infinitely adjustable but waaaay more levels of adjustment than a normal buckled belt with holes. https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

I have one of these for the rare occasion when I have to wear a suit and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Hanks makes leather belts that are of good quality.

I get it. I like nice leather things. Iíve spent more on a pair of shoes than my Buckmark was new. Once I started carrying I got 3 different types of Hank gun belts. The leather is high quality, and they are way sturdier than my dress belts. You can get kydex inserts and they really are gun belts. But I could never get it perfect comfort wise. It was always a little (or a lot) too tight or loose enough for me to be constantly pulling the belt back up where I wanted it.

Being able to adjust down to the millimeter instead of inch on a trainers belt had me never looking back after the first wear. I havenít worn the Hanks since.

Not trying to sell you on not getting a new leather belt, but if you havenít tried one of these loop and cinch belts you really should at least see what youíre missing. Plus they are way cheaper than a good leather belt.

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

Craptacular posted:

They do exist though, sort of. Not infinitely adjustable but waaaay more levels of adjustment than a normal buckled belt with holes. https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

I have one of these for the rare occasion when I have to wear a suit and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

that's the closest thing to a suit-appropriate gun belt I've seen to date. If only their brown was closer to Allen Edmonds' Dark Chili :-\.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Relocated, just drop the "y"

Grimey Drawer

armorer posted:

I can literally put a 50lb dumb bell on the edge of my blue alpha gear belt and it doesn't fold over. It is very, very stiff webbing.

Sold...

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

poopgiggle posted:

Sidecar-style holsters in general are not good. You should consider getting a separate holster & mag pouch.

I have no skin in this because I don't have a sidecar rig, but what I remember from the PHLster video on it was that the issue with sidecars is that the body movement tries to make the kydex bend between the holster and mag pouch. The Tier 1 ones have a piece of paracord basically lacing the two together like the vamps of a shoe, it seems like that would obviate that issue?

The younger guy at my LGS has at least one that he really likes, possibly two. He's a pretty skinny guy and carries a pretty large gun in it under an average-fit polo. Not baggy, not extra smedium frat bro, just an average looking shirt. That could speak more to the benefits of carrying appendix than the holster in particular, though.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

re: sidecars

Why connect the holster and mag pouch in the first place? What advantage does it supposedly offer? None that I can see. Just get a separate holster and mag carrier.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Captain Log posted:

I'm doing some video instruction with a goon soon as my first step towards taking a class or shooting a comp. I'm sure that's really going to illuminate the question I'm about to ask -

- If I wanted to try out an AIWB holster without breaking the bank, what's the go to? I'm talking used DeSantis holster prices. I've got a holster drawer and know there isn't any way to figure out if you'll like a holster until it's been worn for a while. What's a decent starter option?

I'd be using it for a G43 with a TLR-6.

Also, this question has been brought on by weight loss. Almost all my belts are ridiculously too big now. Like, wrap around to my butt big because I already had oversized belts from being even heavier in the past. What's a good, reasonably priced gun belt that doesn't look like it belongs on grandpa? I've worn a CrossBreed for ages. It it a little..."Dad Belt-ish" but not awful. I was wondering what the current consensus on gun belts had been.

I just recent got a Kore Essentials EDC belt. I absolutely LOVE it. Instead of holes every inch or so it has a track system that clicks every 1/4" so it can be adjusted perfectly. I got the X1 Buckle and wear it every day. I usually rotate between a few belts but this one is just great so I wear it every day. I go through belts every 6 months or so and this one is probably going to last me a long time as long as the track system holds out.

You can get it 10% off with the KORENEW10 coupon.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just recent got a Kore Essentials EDC belt. I absolutely LOVE it. Instead of holes every inch or so it has a track system that clicks every 1/4" so it can be adjusted perfectly. I got the X1 Buckle and wear it every day. I usually rotate between a few belts but this one is just great so I wear it every day. I go through belts every 6 months or so and this one is probably going to last me a long time as long as the track system holds out.

You can get it 10% off with the KORENEW10 coupon.

Oh hell yeah. I didnít know I wanted a super adjustable belt until this conversation. I will probably grab one of those.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I never understood the whole belt thing you guys would talk about. I was always just a "whatever it's a belt" guy... up until I got this one. Now I see what you guys were talking about. A good belt is really nice to have. I wear my belts really tight and they get torn up pretty rapidly. They get ruined around the buckle when you pull it way out and bend it to put in the pin, it starts to wear out there. I can't see that happening with this one since I don't have to bend the belt at all.

«399 »