Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Toshokan posted:

"Evil" is really giving them too much credit. It's just a family of typical chuds.

Yeah dude chuds are evil thatís the central concept of their belief system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008
Prepare yourself for some obtuse logic--->

Internet Wizard posted:

Yeah dude chuds are evil thatís the central concept of their belief system.

Eh, agree to disagree.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Toshokan posted:

"Evil" is really giving them too much credit. It's just a family of typical chuds.

Dominionism is not garden variety dipshittery, and is absolutely loving evil.

Edit:

Raven Concealment G19 mag pouches fit CZ P-10C mags. Seems finding quality CZ carry gear that isn't comp stuff is a little tricky.

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 22, 2021

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

I had to look up what dominionism is, and it's Sharia law but Christians Sharia law.

gently caress that and all forms of theocracy.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

I had to look up what dominionism is, and it's Sharia law but Christians Sharia law.

gently caress that and all forms of theocracy.

Itís what people afraid of Sharia think Sharia is.

Itís not even remotely close to most interpretations of Sharia.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

e: never mind.

I still say systems of government based on interpretation of holy books is awful.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 22, 2021

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Sharia isnít about governments enforcing religious laws, and the only people pushing that narrative are far-right extremists (ie the Taliban and Fox News).

Somebody Awful go ahead and give me a probe for this if Iím getting too political, but this is a really disgusting and damaging lie that is repeated by too many people, most without even realizing theyíre feeding into a hateful narrative.

Internet Wizard fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 22, 2021

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Being that Islamophobia and fringe Christian wingnuttery are both revoltingly widespread in gun-adjacent circles, I'd say it's a topic better suited to the Racism, etc thread.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

We now have an index thread so you can find megathreads fast. Bookmark it or something, IDK.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Somebody Awful posted:

We now have an index thread so you can find megathreads fast. Bookmark it or something, IDK.
Oh, cool, an encyclo-pew-dia!

I'll see myself out.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

Oh, cool, an encyclo-pew-dia!

I'll see myself out.

Dad, mom says you need to get off the computer and finish mowing the lawn.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

Internet Wizard posted:

Skip the TRex arms unless you like giving money to homophobes with cult ties who speed up their shooting footage and zero out competition stages

I am dumb: what does zeroing out a stage mean? Hitting par time and getting zero points?

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

Dick Burglar posted:

I am dumb: what does zeroing out a stage mean? Hitting par time and getting zero points?

He refused to do any of the physical activities and ended up getting disqualified for it. I'm not sure what specifically the physical stuff was, I've seen some people say it was kettle bell and crawling under some things, but others said was deadlifts and dragging a casualty. He just wanted to shoot and not have to do the stuff other people did.

I totally understand if some people have some physical limitations and can't do the physical activities at a match or maybe they just want to shoot and don't care about scores, but my understanding is that he was a baby about it, just like he is about everything.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

He also can't spell for poo poo.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

Somebody Awful posted:

He also can't spell for poo poo.

E.g.,?

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

it isn't easy being a cross dominate shooter.

Even if Lucas Botkin wasn't part of a weird Christian Dominionist cult (he is), even if he didn't post terrible homophobic poo poo on Instagram (he has), even if he didn't speed up his footage (he has), and even if he didn't show off stupid drills like 1-reload-1 that don't actually build useful skills, he's just not that good.

His USPSA Production classifier percentage is in the mid-60s, which is average B class. Mine is higher and I'm a nobody who doesn't practice.

To be faaaaiiiir he's classified A in Carry Optics but that's barely "the local hotshot at a small club" level.

E: Oh, the whole "sidecar" holster gimmick is also pretty .

poopgiggle fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 24, 2021

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

poopgiggle posted:

Even if Lucas Botkin wasn't part of a weird Christian Dominionist cult (he is), even if he didn't post terrible homophobic poo poo on Instagram (he has), even if he didn't speed up his footage (he has), and even if he didn't show off stupid drills like 1-reload-1 that don't actually build useful skills, he's just not that good.

His USPSA Production classifier percentage is in the mid-60s, which is average B class. Mine is higher and I'm a nobody who doesn't practice.

To be faaaaiiiir he's classified A in Carry Optics but that's barely "the local hotshot at a small club" level.

E: Oh, the whole "sidecar" holster gimmick is also pretty .

What do you dislike about the mag carrier attached to the holster?

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

it isn't easy being a cross dominate shooter.

lite_sleepr posted:

What do you dislike about the mag carrier attached to the holster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnVzQ9DvNS0#t=4527s

Has very questionable benefits over just having a separate mag carrier, with many downsides.

e: I'm not sure that video answers your question. Bottom line is that it saves you a little time putting your gear on, at the expense of having your holster & mags torqued in opposite directions (which leads to poor concealment and/or cracks of the material).

poopgiggle fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 24, 2021

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

That's fair enough. InCog made one just like it that I used, and it wasn't the worst. I somehow can't get aIWB to work comfortably for me anyway so I don't use it anymore.

I am interested in finding the best CCW jeans. I've tried the fire hose pants from Duluth, extremely expensive and not very comfy.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

From the first page of the Racism, etc thread:

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

Somebody Awful posted:

From the first page of the Racism, etc thread:

Lol, what a piece of poo poo.

I seriously don't understand the people defending him whenever one of these issues come up.

lite_sleepr posted:

That's fair enough. InCog made one just like it that I used, and it wasn't the worst. I somehow can't get aIWB to work comfortably for me anyway so I don't use it anymore.

I am interested in finding the best CCW jeans. I've tried the fire hose pants from Duluth, extremely expensive and not very comfy.

Jeans that have some kind of elastic incorporated seem to work well for CCW, at least for me. I'm also a huge dork so YMMV.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Toshokan posted:

Lol, what a piece of poo poo.

I seriously don't understand the people defending him whenever one of these issues come up.

Jeans that have some kind of elastic incorporated seem to work well for CCW, at least for me. I'm also a huge dork so YMMV.

Wrangler has some flex fit jeans.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

Yeah, I would try those. I think some of mine are Urban Pipeline.

They're really comfortable on their own and I didn't have to buy a whole new wardrobe once I started carrying and being even more of a fatty.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Also avoid low rise waists on pants you want to carry with.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

Loan Dusty Road posted:

Also avoid low rise waists on pants you want to carry with.

Oh yeah, that too. Your balls/vag will thank you.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

lite_sleepr posted:

That's actually some pretty impressive denim. Dickies also has some really impressive flex/stretch denim that doesn't make guys look like they're in jeggings.

Decent belt and honestly either carry designed pants or add a little inseam or a relaxed cut is the IWB trick.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

mischief posted:

That's actually some pretty impressive denim. Dickies also has some really impressive flex/stretch denim that doesn't make guys look like they're in jeggings.

Decent belt and honestly either carry designed pants or add a little inseam or a relaxed cut is the IWB trick.

The belt part is huge. I got one of those KORE belts from their Black Friday sale and I absolutely love it.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Toshokan posted:

The belt part is huge. I got one of those KORE belts from their Black Friday sale and I absolutely love it.

Iíll probably try those next. I use a trainer belt 99% of the time I carry but wardrobe wise I prefer leather. My hanks belts are ok but I need better adjustment.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

mischief posted:

Pants designed for guns and carry must be 5.11 and those are a no go right

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

In decades of carrying I have never worn special pants for it. Thick or thin, I wear jeans that are pretty fitted as well.

A gun belt is a must, though.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

There are plenty of non-goony pants designed with the idea of carrying or at least with the idea of wearing a larger belt with poo poo stuck on it. Avoiding anything with carpenter pockets is a solid first step though.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

I have never loving needed special carry pants. Just buy whatever Levi's or w/e jeans, a good belt, and stuff a gun in em

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

mischief posted:

There are plenty of non-goony pants designed with the idea of carrying or at least with the idea of wearing a larger belt with poo poo stuck on it. Avoiding anything with carpenter pockets is a solid first step though.

Really sucks Magpul screwed up their apparel line so badly, but their first gen Flex pants were the best for being pants I can wear onto campus but built like technical pants.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I have like 3-4 pairs of these and they're perfect for everything but formal settings pretty much.

Comfortable, stretchy, and just overall great pants.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-duluthflex-fire-hose-relaxed-fit-cargo-work-pants-45507.html

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

DeesGrandpa posted:

I have never loving needed special carry pants. Just buy whatever Levi's or w/e jeans, a good belt, and stuff a gun in em
I don't carry daily, but this. Even when I gently caress around a put my full size PX4 on, its not an issue. I guess it could be if you are into authentic 1890s denim or something but Levi's or wranglers have not been an issue.

L0cke17 posted:

I have like 3-4 pairs of these and they're perfect for everything but formal settings pretty much.

Comfortable, stretchy, and just overall great pants.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-duluthflex-fire-hose-relaxed-fit-cargo-work-pants-45507.html
I've got the jeans-style version of those and they are great. They replaced some old Carharts and they are way more comfortable and seem to be way more durable.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Mar 25, 2021

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Re: pants, I just wear regular 'ol Levi's with a decent belt or I wear my hiking pants. I typically only carry in the woods though.

On the topic of chudcops, lawyers, etc. a few pages back: how does one lawyer up anyway? Do you just have to be rich and pay a lawyer for the privilege of calling them if you ever end up in a pickle? Do you pay one of the various concealed carry groups? Those always seemed like a racket to me and I've heard some murmurs of a couple really not being worth it. One was pushed heavily in my CCW class. Free ammo can and hat even!

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

I'm spoiled for flexy spandex in my jeans now.

I was in San Antonio today, so I went to CHUD CENTRAL I mean a 5.11 store.

Got a pair of their base shorts on clearance, a pair of their flex DEFENDER jeans and the QUEST PANT.

The quest pant is neat because it has cuts and gussets in it, and a 2" band of super light spandex runs from the inseam to the crotch from leg to leg, so these will be my hot weather pants for sure.

They don't look too overtly tacticool, but these are super comfy.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

knuthgrush posted:

Re: pants, I just wear regular 'ol Levi's with a decent belt or I wear my hiking pants. I typically only carry in the woods though.

On the topic of chudcops, lawyers, etc. a few pages back: how does one lawyer up anyway? Do you just have to be rich and pay a lawyer for the privilege of calling them if you ever end up in a pickle? Do you pay one of the various concealed carry groups? Those always seemed like a racket to me and I've heard some murmurs of a couple really not being worth it. One was pushed heavily in my CCW class. Free ammo can and hat even!

You can call up a defense lawyers office, ask the person who answers the phone if they do self defense cases, then just put the number in your wallet. If you arenít paying a lawyer theyíre not going to answer at 11 pm but you can certainly leave a message

If you want a lawyer to pick up the phone when you call, you pay a retainer which is basically an advance on an attorneys time.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

I signed up for USCCA. $47 a month for what is basically legal fees paid up to $2.5mil. That's better than trying to come up with $10k for a retainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

For what it's worth, retainers are flexible with many lawyers. Speaking very generally, they can vary from $1k - $5k depending on the firm.

But at least get a phone number. A lawyer bill is better than 15 to life.