Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

it isn't easy being a cross dominate shooter.

The issue I had with the Compact Carry was that it would FRTB after a few hundred rounds without cleaning. This was likely exacerbated by the fact that I wasn't lubricating it right, since the rotating-barrel action has different lube points than the Browning tilting-barrel action I was used to.

The subcompact isn't rotating-barrel though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

"すやぁ~じゃなくて!"

So, I got the JM Custom Kydex George AIWB holster you guys recommended. Been wearing it for about a month now, and have to say. Itís pretty drat comfortable. My one complaint is Iím waffling on whether the foam guard is worth it. After 8 hours of moving around with the thing on, itís a godsend; but when Iím just sitting down, all it does is add more pressure on my inner hip joint.

Plus if it shifts, it makes me look like Iím constantly popping a boner.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008
Prepare yourself for some obtuse logic--->

AlternateNu posted:

So, I got the JM Custom Kydex George AIWB holster you guys recommended. Been wearing it for about a month now, and have to say. Itís pretty drat comfortable. My one complaint is Iím waffling on whether the foam guard is worth it. After 8 hours of moving around with the thing on, itís a godsend; but when Iím just sitting down, all it does is add more pressure on my inner hip joint.

What about ditching the guard and adding an aftermarket claw like this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Raven-Concea...19637144&sr=8-5

Most that I've seen require two screw holes below the trigger guard and the George only has one, but I think it might still work with one.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

AlternateNu posted:

And the downside of this is...?

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

infrared35 posted:

And the downside of this is...?

Maybe it's not that big of a boner.....

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Toshokan posted:

Maybe it's not that big of a boner.....

Fine by me; I like people to have realistic expectations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Update on the early 2020 killing of Ahmaud Arbery by killers who tried to claim it was citizensí arrest turned self defense. This claim kind of worked for three months while various county level DAs juggled the case until a local news outlet got a hold of the video and the state and feds got involved instead of local PD/DA.

https://twitter.com/johnson_carrie/status/1387509664636669956?s=21

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Update on the early 2020 killing of Ahmaud Arbery by killers who tried to claim it was citizensí arrest turned self defense. This claim kind of worked for three months while various county level DAs juggled the case until a local news outlet got a hold of the video and the state and feds got involved instead of local PD/DA.

https://twitter.com/johnson_carrie/status/1387509664636669956?s=21

Some of the other highlights and developments included:

-Security camera footage of many people cutting through the under-construction property these guys were supposedly "protecting," but whom they didn't hunt down just so coincidentally because those other people were white.

-The father's jailhouse phone call to destroy evidence.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Toshokan posted:

Some of the other highlights and developments included:

-Security camera footage of many people cutting through the under-construction property these guys were supposedly "protecting," but whom they didn't hunt down just so coincidentally because those other people were white.

-The father's jailhouse phone call to destroy evidence.

I didn't see any coverage of those items.

Do you have links?

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Now that the gym is open 24 hours again I can go after I get off work in the middle of the night. I donít want to keep my carry gun in a gym bag in a locker or god forbid just leave it in the car and not worry about it, anyone have a suggestion for a smallish fanny pack type of bag to carry a small handgun, phone, keys etc? The half size version of the Nittany Mountain bag somebody had a couple of pages back looks pretty good but Iím open to something else

e: vvv oh yeah Iíll primarily be lifting, so itíll either need to accommodate whatever positions Iíll be in or easy to shift around.

Forum Hussy fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 1, 2021

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Forum Hussy posted:

Now that the gym is open 24 hours again I can go after I get off work in the middle of the night. I don’t want to keep my carry gun in a gym bag in a locker or god forbid just leave it in the car and not worry about it, anyone have a suggestion for a smallish fanny pack type of bag to carry a small handgun, phone, keys etc? The half size version of the Nittany Mountain bag somebody had a couple of pages back looks pretty good but I’m open to something else

I got a Smart Carry holster specifically for on-body carry to the gym. I'm not sure how comfortable it'd be if I were the "run on a treadmill" type, but I've found it reasonable for weight lifting, walking on a treadmill, stationary bikes, and weight machines.
The one place I know it wouldn't do well is anywhere you're inverted, as your pistol is held in place by gravity and friction.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

Forum Hussy posted:

Now that the gym is open 24 hours again I can go after I get off work in the middle of the night. I donít want to keep my carry gun in a gym bag in a locker or god forbid just leave it in the car and not worry about it, anyone have a suggestion for a smallish fanny pack type of bag to carry a small handgun, phone, keys etc? The half size version of the Nittany Mountain bag somebody had a couple of pages back looks pretty good but Iím open to something else

e: vvv oh yeah Iíll primarily be lifting, so itíll either need to accommodate whatever positions Iíll be in or easy to shift around.

There's a video for that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Ext_yuTS0

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

I scrolled past that video yesterday and forgot all about it when I had the thought today

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

What gun are y'all trying to conceal in gym clothes? Seems like it would be micro pistol or bust.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Captain Log posted:

What gun are y'all trying to conceal in gym clothes? Seems like it would be micro pistol or bust.

Easy there, lucky. I'll have you know that my gym shorts conceal a massive gun with a barrel that's maybe not the longest, but it's very thick, and my wife tells me that it's way above average and not at all weird-looking. Sure, it has a hair trigger, and some would say that it goes off way too easy. But that works just fine for me.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Gimme Gimme Swedish Fish...

Fallen Rib

tarlibone posted:

Easy there, lucky. I'll have you know that my gym shorts conceal a massive gun with a barrel that's maybe not the longest, but it's very thick, and my wife tells me that it's way above average and not at all weird-looking. Sure, it has a hair trigger, and some would say that it goes off way too easy. But that works just fine for me.

Does yours have the drop (kick) safety?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

sharkytm posted:

Does yours have the drop (kick) safety?

It used to; I played with it so much that it wore out.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Captain Log posted:

I originally was trying to carry my G19, but it looked too ridiculous while I was in sweatpants to leave the house with it, so I ended up getting a G26 specifically for the gym.
It's not particularly noticeable with loose fitting black pants and an untucked black t-shirt over it, but I'm sure someone who was paying attention might spot it.
If I was a smaller guy, a thin guy, or wore gym clothes in any color other than black, I'd probably be using a single stack of some variety.

That being said, I've seen plenty of people walking around the gym with bulky phones swinging in pockets, fanny packs, arm-band storage, and other stuff, so there's probably some interesting gym-specific options for micro pistols that would look odd in any non-workout context.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to get Thunderwear and I say go for it.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007

Midjack posted:

It sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to get Thunderwear and I say go for it.

I looked at that briefly but went with the SmartCarry system because it seems to both hold up better and do a significantly better job of keeping perspiration off your gun.

I couldn't use it wearing normal clothes, though. Gym only.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Yeah like something roughly G30 sized. Other than using a thunderwear/smartcarry setup or that phlster garter belt thing I donít think mesh shorts would provide good holster support, which was why Iím considering a bag.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I know they aren't fun to shoot, but some of y'all should think about picking up a LCP sized gun. With the exception of being in a courthouse, I am literally never unarmed thanks to the ease of concealment offered by those.

I cannot imagine trying to conceal even a G43 in gym clothes.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Captain Log posted:

I know they aren't fun to shoot, but some of y'all should think about picking up a LCP sized gun. With the exception of being in a courthouse, I am literally never unarmed thanks to the ease of concealment offered by those.

I cannot imagine trying to conceal even a G43 in gym clothes.

i mean, the LCP isnt even that painful or unfun to shoot. fits great in gym shorts pockets

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

i mean, the LCP isnt even that painful or unfun to shoot. fits great in gym shorts pockets

... meh, disagree. My wife has one. It's a pain. Unfun.

Actually, now that I think about it, I have to get that thing back to Ruger. The magazine falls out under recoil. I thought it was me hitting the release button, but after being ultra-careful and having some other folks shoot it, it's not me. The only way to keep the magazine in while shooting is to avoid touching the extension on the magazine base plate, and on that gun, that means gripping it with the thumb and middle finger only. The ammo shortage has made that such a low priority that I keep forgetting to do it. (My wife carries her Shield most of the time anyway, so it's cool.)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

tarlibone posted:

... meh, disagree. My wife has one. It's a pain. Unfun.

Actually, now that I think about it, I have to get that thing back to Ruger. The magazine falls out under recoil. I thought it was me hitting the release button, but after being ultra-careful and having some other folks shoot it, it's not me. The only way to keep the magazine in while shooting is to avoid touching the extension on the magazine base plate, and on that gun, that means gripping it with the thumb and middle finger only. The ammo shortage has made that such a low priority that I keep forgetting to do it. (My wife carries her Shield most of the time anyway, so it's cool.)

My LCP had to go back to the factory, but it was a quick and painless process.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Hashtag TBT

Post those old EDC setups. This was mine from 2012.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

Hashtag TBT

Top left - Are those ďgently usedĒ suppositories?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

My guess is some weird-rear end ear plugs, but things that go in your butt is a better guess.

Not really related but that picture just reminded me that I miss slide phones with full physical keyboards. Those things loving owned.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Also, his Jeep key is quantum leaping out of existence.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Log posted:

Top left - Are those ďgently usedĒ suppositories?

Close; theyíre emergency Jelly Babies.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

infrared35 posted:

Hashtag TBT

What gun is that?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

either a banana pepper or pepperoncini

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

Close; theyíre emergency Jelly Babies.

You can get those? They were always a treat when I was in the UK, but Iíve never seen them here.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Not Pictured - Apple Watch and a Fountain Pen of the Day

Variables - I only wear one of those med alert bracelets at a time
- I swap my carry knife frequently to get a better feel for different styles. My go to a Benchmade Infidel.

Disclaimer - The necklace is always, always, always under my shirt. It's about my personal attitude towards death - it's gonna get me but I'll be damned if I'm not grinning when I go. Or at least really confused.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Log posted:

You can get those? They were always a treat when I was in the UK, but Iíve never seen them here.

Amazon is always your friend.

Toshokan posted:

What gun is that?

SIG P290. I actually kinda miss that little thing, even though I personally donít carry anything smaller than a G19 now, and I lean toward carrying a G17 most of the time.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

Can anyone recommend a holster for an M&P shield 2.0 in 9mm with a TLR-6?

I've been thinking about getting the TLR-6, but JMCK (my go-to for holsters) doesn't make one.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

I use an IWB holster from these guys: https://www.anrdesignkydexholster.com/ Looks like they make what you're looking for. No complaints on mine, but I replaced their plastic clip with a DCC monoblock.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Vy9jCQPWM

Don't punch people with keys. You'll just piss them off and gently caress up your hand.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Somebody Awful posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Vy9jCQPWM

Don't punch people with keys. You'll just piss them off and gently caress up your hand.

This series of videos should be required viewing for anyone carrying a self defense keychain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

LCP chat.

I love mine. It's an excellent size for me. I like shooting it for the most part but it isn't the most fun thing to shoot. The slide rubs my rear thumb knuckle when I shoot it and it starts bleeding after a while. So I finally learned to put tape on it before I shoot it.