Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Excellent, thank you for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Juice posted:

A Colt lovingly swathed in custom leather

I love your pics

A+ would again

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

lol nvm

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Ohhhh, XD talk up in here. I've had mine for 10 years. Love it. Most here hate it, gently caress em.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

infrared35 posted:

I hated XDs before it was cool.

I think you'd like my XD40 with the PRP action(trigger) and Trijicon HD's, just sayin'

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

infrared35 posted:

Probably.

I did shoot an XDM compact with Talon grips on it and it was pretty nice.

Part of my opposition to XDs is based purely on looks. Part of it is that, to the best of my knowledge, the XD hasn't passed any federal weapons trials. And part of it is that they cost more than Glocks now. It was a lot easier to consider one or recommend one when they were $350.

Fair enough with the price, mine was "gifted" to me when they were <$400 when I was 18. Mine has probably only had 2k rounds through it, since I didn't shoot it for 7 years while in the service.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

QuarkMartial posted:

In other news, I just picked up a blued S&W model 36 for CCW. Shot my LCP alongside my nickel 36 and an airweight 442. Loved the airweight and my 36, but I'm just tired of the LCP.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

GEEKABALL posted:

What grips are these?

VZ tactical diamond black cherry g10

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Kommienzuspadt posted:

That's what defines them as making quality service handguns.

Define "service" for me

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Likely to end up in a cop or military holster.
OK, so a specific round that has been tested, through and through.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I was referring to the pistol, but yeah, true of ammo too. Anything Speer or Federal make, and the higher-end Winchester and Remington stuff too.

I doubt you shoot enough for it to matter.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

In this thread felons don't carry

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

I've only put 200 rounds through my G43 but have not encountered that, I have medium-large hands.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

lilspooky posted:

So my range is doing another sale this weekend but this time on FN and S&W guns. Same "rent up to 5 of either one for free" thing. What do you guys recommend I try out? Not counting the Shield cause I've shot that a fair amount.

FNX Tactical 45, if they have it

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Butch Cassidy posted:

Glock 4243 and decent pocket holster might do you fine. Also "big gun" enough to appendix carry outside of work.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Butch Cassidy posted:

I weigh 208* and wouldn't bother sticking the 43 in my pocket.

* With a 42 in my pocket
I saw this post before you edited and I was about hound on it, it read much like:

"I weigh 208 and wouldn't bother sticking the 43 in my pocket."

Hmm funny cause I weight 50 lbs less and wouldn't mind it

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

lilspooky posted:

So I picked up the Shield finally thanks to them having a sale on it at my local range. Gonna put a fair amount of rounds through it and try out various self-defense loads in it. After that I plan on modifying it with some Apex parts. I'm also thinking about upgrading the sights on it. Anyone got any good recommendations?

I'm partial to Trijicon HD's

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

lilspooky posted:

You're telling me Sootch gave us misinformation!?

The guy that gives a big thumbs up to everything

Long live the republic

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Itchy Itchiford posted:

Fuckkk make me one for a PPX.

Use the hi point cast

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Don't forget about the tlr-6, streamlights light/laser for the 42/43

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Dear god your laptop is gross

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

king of the bongo posted:

e: the p01 is a fatty compared to other guns as a heads up if you were trying to put it inside the waistband.

It's the same width as a USPc 9, ain't that bad

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

z06ck fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 18, 2017

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

there we go, being retarded this morning

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Are you saying that if you feed the magazine wrong, you're getting a malfunction?

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

lite_sleepr posted:

The Texas law shield lady called out, but it sounds like a good idea.

It's not. Don't get that poo poo

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Carry 0, it's all on the hip. IT'S ALL ON THE HIP IT'S ALL ON THE HIP

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Your Glock will explode anyway, save the mileage

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

impressive

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Butch Cassidy posted:

Crossposting:

Grade A legit

Do you actually carry that hi-point?

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Butch Cassidy posted:

Not yet. It's still new but running well now that I've sidelined the problematic extended mags. After picking up a spare standard mag and another range trip to prove it, I'll stoke the pig with some Hornady XTP and lug it around for a couple weeks for holster development. I've already pressed an appendix rig for it.

The heavy slide seems like it will make for stable A/IWB carry. The butt is pretty light and doesn't feel like it will try to flop around like other pistols. The comp. making it as long as a Beretta 92 probably also contributes to that.
If you trust it, whatever. I'd personally never carry that gun.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Currently, love the uspc

Only registered members can see post attachments!

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

uncle w benefits posted:

USPs are neat. My guilty pleasure is a USPc two tone in .45.

You carry that aIWB? Do you find that your rig will rotate left and right a few degrees? I ask because I have an aIWB holster with a single clip but it kinda tips left and right along my belt line.

I carry 4ish, not a fan of aiwb. I have no issues with movement but if you do, it may have to do with your belt.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

ONE oval office WOLF PACK posted:

Nice Vedder holster

I have one for my 43 and itís very nice

Yeah bro it's nice

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

uncle w benefits posted:

Ah. Do you take it out when you drive around? I can't drive with a gun on me unless it is aIWB.

I don't, it doesn't really bother me. I do have one of those lumbar support pads in my car to keep the metal belt clip from tearing up my leather seat however, haha.

z06ck fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Do most people here get in and out of their car at thirty miles an hour? While jumping?

Also, how many of you folks have defensive driving skills coupled with the ability to draw sitting behind a wheel? It takes a while to get a knack for it.

In these winter months I carry a 642 in my top coat pocket, easy access. In the summer I have one in the center console, usually an HK of some sort, lately a VP9.

I try not to jump out of my car while moving.