Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
“And the early front runner for Pilot I’m Most Excited to see Ep 2 Of: “Flash”. Terrific.” – Alan Sepinwall

CW’s latest superhero show, is a spinoff of their hit show Arrow, and features a lot of the same creative team (Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg) as well as DC Comics higher-up Geoff Johns.

Barry Allen is a police scientist, who after a miraculous lab accident becomes the Fastest Man Alive. Now he can run at supersonic speeds, across water and straight up walls. Unfortunately the same lab accident also empowered a lot of less heroic people, and Barry has to use his powers to defend his hometown from a bunch of costumed freaks and Rogues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egptEhSWF-U

Cast of Characters:

Barry Allen aka The Flash (Grant Gustin/Glee, Arrow) – As a child, Barry witnessed his mom’s murder by a paranormal assailant. However the authorities, looking for a more mundane explanation, arrested and convicted his dad. Now Barry works as a forensic scientist (like on CSI), with a sideline of investigating strange happenings (like the X-Files). After all, if he can find evidence that the impossible really can happen, he could exonerate his dad. Despite the tragic past and motivation, Barry is still a goofy loveable nerd, with a chronic lateness problem.

Investigating a crime that could only have been committed by a super-strong criminal, Barry crossed paths with the cast of Arrow. He especially crossed paths with Ollie’s pretty Girl Friday and IT consultant, Felicity. After assisting with their investigation and saving a couple lives, Barry returned home just in time to be caught in a massive explosion. Central City’s particle accelerator had gone out of control, and Barry was struck by lightning in a lab full of chemicals. When the series begins, he is still in a coma.

Detective Joe West (Jesse L. Martin/Law & Order, Rent) –

Essentially orphaned after his mom’s murder, Barry is taken in by a kindly police detective who raises him alongside his daughter, Iris (like on Dexter).

Iris West (Candice Patton/The Game) – Barry’s best friend, and surrogate sister. Even though they were raised together, there might be the possibility of something romantic here (like on Dexter).

Dr. Caitlyn Snow aka Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker/Shark, Friday the 13th [2009]) – A scientist at STAR Labs and friend of Barry’s. She’s been one of the team keeping a vigil over him as he’s been lying in his coma.

Cisco Ramon aka Vibe (Carlos Valdes) - Another scientist at STAR labs.

Dr. Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanaugh/Ed, Scrubs) – The head scientist behind the construction of the particle accelerator at Star Labs. He feels tremendous guilt for the consequences of his lab accident, but creating a bonafide superhero might be his redemption.

Eddie Thawne (Rick Cosnett) – A recent transfer to the Central City police department, and coworker of Joe West. Eddie has a dark secret of some kind.

Already announced guest stars for this season:

Stephen Amell (Arrow), Emily Bett Rickards (Arrow), Robert Knepper (Prison Break, Arrow)

Robbie Amell (Tomorrow People), Wentworth Miller (Prison Break), Dominic Purcell (Prison Break), Clancy Brown (Starship Troopers, Shawshank Redemption), William Sadler (Star Trek DS9, Shawshank Redemption), Amanda Pays (Max Headroom, Flash [1990]), John Wesley Shipp (Flash [1990])

Ground Rules:

1.) The comics aren’t spoilers, but they’re also not on-topic. Use your discretion. “Holy poo poo, was that xxxxx character?” is probably okay, but a thousand words on how that’s not in canon, is not.

a. Seriously, no Speed Force poo poo. If you know what the Speed Force is, good for you. Don’t let this become a BSS in-joke thread.

b. The show probably won’t stick to the source material a 100% of the time, just like Arrow does. But just in case, don’t be a dick and ruin some cool surprise for someone.

2.) This show shares a universe with, and will crossover with, Arrow. But in general try to keep Arrow talk in the Arrow thread, and Flash talk in the Flash thread.

a. There’s even less of a reason to talk about Gotham, Constantine, DC movies, and Diniverse cartoons. They each have their own threads, and I trust you to find them.

b. No one knows if the new Titans or Supergirl series in production are related. Again, try to stay on topic.

3.) A lot of us know that the pilot leaked on the internet and have seen it already. General TVIV rules apply. It’s in spoilers until it’s actually aired on a network in a legal fashion.

4.) That’s all I have to say. Let’s let this be a fun thread full of :flashfact: and :flashfap:

jscolon2.0 fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
#RunBarryRun

I think this kid is going to be great. Plus there seems to be a lot of room for humor in this series. And Grodd better be in this show in some form or fashion dammit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would think if the show ever does reference the Speed Force it'll be just as a name for the energy that powers Barry's speed instead of the crazy thing it is in the comics.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Aphrodite posted:

I would think if the show ever does reference the Speed Force it'll be just as a name for the energy that powers Barry's speed instead of the crazy thing it is in the comics.

If it appears at all, I'd bet money it'll be like this. Just a piece of technobabble explaining why Barry doesn't X, like burn every calorie in the first 20 feet he runs, or age at a rapid pace, etc.

also, looking froward to pages and pages of :flashfact: and :flashfap:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I want every episode to have some kind of GI Joe-esque moral segment except Barry explains some of the science behind what happened in the episode. :flashfact:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Random Stranger posted:

I want every episode to have some kind of GI Joe-esque moral segment except Barry explains some of the science behind what happened in the episode. :flashfact:

I second this.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

a. There’s even less of a reason to talk about Gotham, Constantine, DC movies, and Diniverse cartoons. They each have their own threads, and I trust you to find them.

I promise this is the ONLY time I'll mention Constantine in here, but does it have its own thread? Cuz I haven't been able to find it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Can't wait for Barry to get sage life advice from Dr. Captain Bubblebeard!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Really liked the pilot, and am excited for everyone else to experience it. It is basically "DC does Spider-Man" in terms of tone, and it makes a great complement to the more dour side of Arrow.

Also, I can't wait to laugh at how little they've dressed up Vancouver to look like "Central City."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

Can't wait for Barry to get sage life advice from Dr. Captain Bubblebeard!

:colbert: He's the Bowling Alley Physicist.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Looking forward to that Prison Break reunion in episode 10. All we need now is Abruzzi and we'd be golden. drat if I'm not hyped up for this show, but a question: Are they going to follow the Arrow procedure where they release the live episodes the next day on cw.tv?

Ransom posted:

#RunBarryRun

I think this kid is going to be great. Plus there seems to be a lot of room for humor in this series. And Grodd better be in this show in some form or fashion dammit.

Grodd's pretty much been confirmed from the pilot, as well as Prof. Zoom, which is cool if they're going to go with the Flashpoint storyline if the rumors are true.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Grodd's pretty much been confirmed from the pilot, as well as Prof. Zoom, which is cool if they're going to go with the Flashpoint storyline if the rumors are true.

Zoom fighting Barry in his childhood home and killing his mother is in the trailer, albeit in a way that only someone who has read Flash comics will understand what is happening.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The pilot was amazing. This show is going to be so good, I can't wait.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Is IMGUR still down for everyone else?

edit: looks like the problem is with SALR's upload to IMGUR feature, and not IMGUR itself.

jscolon2.0 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 4, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

jscolon2.0 posted:

It's working fine for me.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Anyone has a high res version of this poster?:

I can't help but feel I'm missing some easter eggs thanks to the small size.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Nope. I even checked right after you put up the thread and it was working fine then. I'm guessing you need to fix something on your end.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Try using minus, alternatively.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It'll be interesting to see how much they blame on the particle accelerator blowing up. So far the CW-verse doesn't have a lot of super powered characters.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I just want the Ballad of Barry Allen in the soundtrack somewhere.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Anyone has a high res version of this poster?:

I can't help but feel I'm missing some easter eggs thanks to the small size.

AmerTek logo on that building? Steel confirmed (hopefully with better acting this time).

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The other two logos are S.T.A.R. Labs and Queen Consolidated.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
According to Geektown, the :britain: air date will be October 28th. Annoys me to all hell, but, I wanna try and support the show so I'll try to tune in despite the delay.

Here's really hoping the show does well. The extended trailer got a lot of attention, but that doesn't mean it'll necessarily translate into audience views, and well, some of the hype may have died down by now. At the same time, if it is a success, it potentially kickstarts a wider DC Universe on TV, and a further willingness for the properties to be approached with a willingness to have them be full on superhero shows. It can embrace the weirdness and the serial nature that made superheroes such cultural icons, without seeming like a desperate bid to catch up on the competition getting in first.

So yes, run Barry. Make this work.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Success is measured differently on the CW. I'm pretty sure most of the Arrow audience will be tuning in and that should alone keep it afloat. And on top of that Flash is a bigger name hero anyway so I'm sure it'll get some looks from people that never paid attention to Arrow at all. I think it'll be fine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW executives also apparently love the idea seeing as how originally the character was just going to get a backdoor pilot but quickly got promoted to full after just the couple of episodes with Barry in Arrow.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I look forward to a glorious new era when the CW has a DC superhero show for every weeknight, and an annual Justice League special event where all five episodes in a week form one big crossover storyline.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Since they moved Agents of SHIELD an hour later, Flash doesn't run against anything that competes for the same audience either.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Since they moved Agents of SHIELD an hour later, Flash doesn't run against anything that competes for the same audience either.

Please don't even start with the puns.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Aphrodite posted:

It would be off for this show to be playing catch-up against something so lame-legged.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Please don't even start with the puns.

drat. Look at this racist.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

If this show doesn't have Flash Facts every episode, I'm out...

OK, I can't hold myself to that. But I'll be severely disappointed.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Random Stranger posted:

I too really want this, come on, Flash Facts, bring it back DC.

Also I'm really into this show, seeing some previews and such got me thinking, at the very least the pilot is as quality as the Arrow one was, which really gives me hope that they're treating this seriously. Flash is one of my favorite DC dudes but I also recognize that a guy who's super power is 'real fast' can really easily be written terribly. I really, really, want this to be a more light hearted, more 'fantastic' Arrow, and with the guys in charge I have faith that could happen. They just gotta thread the needle between 'haha what a clown Flash is' and 'yea that was a funny and cool thing'.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 7, 2014

Jax-Guy1
Apr 25, 2011
Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Needs the blue and white Jacket/hoodie, it looks good but kind of generic without it.

Jax-Guy1
Apr 25, 2011
Might just be him testing a new freeze gun. In the set photos from a couple months ago, the gun he was holding was much smaller than this.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

I just wanna sit here and appreciate the fact we are seriously getting goddamn Captain Cold.

Jax-Guy1
Apr 25, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Needs the blue and white Jacket/hoodie, it looks good but kind of generic without it.

Ask and ye shall receive

Courtesy of Geoff Johns

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:flashfap:

Hope down the line he get this suit

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Goddrat Captain Cold!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

hcreight posted:

The other two logos are S.T.A.R. Labs and Queen Consolidated.

Kord has a logo on one of the buildings too, but drat that is a small picture.

• Locked thread