Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Johny would beat the poo poo out of Rory, whether it's an early knockout or a five round drubbing.

yeah. Johny was competitive with GSP. I don't see Rory MacDonald being competitive at all against GSP, even though that fight would probably never happen. so in closing Johny Hendricks is a good fighter. The worst that could happen would be like Woodley or Ellenberger where they get frozen against Rory's offense but I don't see that happening to Johny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

Dangersim posted:

The thing is that you can't play that patient range game with Rory, he's really good at it and he's getting better. You need to just get in his face and make him fight and that's when he gets lost.

Matt Brown's path to the title.

Beating the poo poo out of children. nm I always forget Silva is like 30, Thompson too but he counts because of his nickname

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Oct 5, 2014

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I fell asleep somewhere during the card, woke up briefly to see Asunscao dismiss a battered Caraway as not really a challenge (all due respect) and then promptly fell back asleep for the main event. I have no regrets.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 5, 2014

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Ok here's my breakdown:

First of all I was getting a little carried away, of course Rory would have a shot, he's very good.

Now, Rory had some weaknesses exposed in the Lawler fight, and since then he has not fought anyone who has the skills to exploit them, even remotely. I'm sure he has been working on them, but they haven't been tested in a real fight and are honestly a bit fundamental to how he fights.

Rory fights behind his jab. If you're willing to just sit there and eat jabs like Ellenberger, well that's what will happen. Otherwise he keeps you at range and exploits opportunities as they present themselves. He's very good at this and getting better.

So what Lawler showed was that a skilled, power punching southpaw could use hand traps and other southpaw tricks to nullify Rory's jab, take away his range which is pretty much everything for him, get inside, and unload. He hasn't shown that he can handle someone who is aggressive and can get past the jab.

Now, I'm sure you're thinking, that's a pretty specific set of traits. And you're right. In fact, they're are only two people in the whole division I can think of who fit that definition. And they are...Robbie Lawler and Johny Hendricks.

Now onto all of this add that in Hendricks case if this doesn't work he can just start wrestling.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
as someone who could've physically been present at the card and wasn't, that was honestly about as well as it could've gone and I hope they make a return to Halifax with a better lineup in a year or so. Also, Anik really, really seems to like saying "Halifax"

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I would like for Bigg Rigg to beat and destroy macdonald

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Matt Brown vs Rory pls

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
trying not to get spoiled but just a quick heads up: worth watching?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

niethan posted:

trying not to get spoiled but just a quick heads up: worth watching?

The Stockholm card is really good, the prelims of Halifax were good and the top two matches are worth it too.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Thanks, yeah was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Triticum Guzzler posted:

hold on a minute... the whopper is from burger king, not mcdonalds. close thread immediately.

• Locked thread