Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Also Sloan and Don are awful and annoying. poo poo, I think the only guy I like on the show is Dumber. And the Law and Order guy. Maybe Slumdog. Oh yeah, Mrs. Turner is okay, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

blunt posted:

MrA needs to come back. I was enjoying his disbelief recaps.

No excuses here, just been getting lazy. I'll try to finish writing about the finale tonight.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I forget, is the Rudy episode season 1 or 2? I liked that one.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So It Goes posted:

I don't understand the HR thing at all. Don and Sloan are both in high level jobs at the company and even though he framed it as Don being Sloan's superior, it's not like one of them is an intern or something. I thought the usual policy for these things in big corporations was that you had to sign some forms with HR disclosing it and etc., not that it is automatically required one of the workers to be transferred. Why is the new HR guy instantly in you guys can't have a relationship or one of you has to be transferred mode? Like what the hell? There wasn't even evidence yet that the relationship was affecting their work or something. I can't help but feel the subplot will be resolved by Don and Sloan coming clean to the HR guy who will then proceed to "forgive" it. ACN's NY office losing one of its few anchors or a senior EP just because of an inter-office relationship seems absurd.

Similarly was the depressed EPA interview supposed to just be a one-off joke? Why did he do that? Was the guy getting back at Maggie or something? It felt like there was supposed to be some sort of follow-up or ramifications to that interview. Did that guy really practically throw away his job?

I think Sorkin put him in there because he is an intensely political writer and wanted to address how dire the issue of climate change is to the viewing audience.

HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Is it just me or are annoying blondes boobs bigger this year?

I really, really don't want to be this guy, but here we are.

:siren: NSFW :siren:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ql51_alison-pill_redband

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

HorseHeadBed posted:

Then don't loving post it, jesus christ why do I always get these threads

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
ugh, gross

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Boobs are gross or ditzy blonde boobs are gross? Or Texan boobs, or whatever. Or just the Newsroom?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waltzing Along posted:

Boobs are gross or ditzy blonde boobs are gross? Or Texan boobs, or whatever. Or just the Newsroom?

the posters in this thread

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

what about me mra

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

especially you, you like doctor who

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

thats not gross, just pathetic

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MrAristocrates posted:

the posters in this thread

Oh, what about you is gross?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh, what about you is gross?

i write about the newsroom for e-fame

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

This is what happens when you dont post recaps.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

HorseHeadBed posted:

also just fyi you're a gross idiot

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > MrA Watches The Newsroom: thats not gross, just pathetic

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

God drat it Toby, I hate you so much.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FuriousxGeorge posted:

God drat it Toby, I hate you so much.

Why do you choose to be the way that you are?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
If climate change is real and it creates all these snow storms, why aren't the cars in the parking lot covered with salt? Check and mate.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HorseHeadBed posted:

What the gently caress kinda movie is that?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

brylcreem posted:

What the gently caress kinda movie is that?
Movie title is in the about, Dear Wendy.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Toxxupation posted:

also just fyi you're a gross idiot

you seem really uncomfortable with a woman showing her boobs in a movie

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

Movie title is in the about, Dear Wendy.

quote:

The script was written by Lars von Trier.

Oh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

He didn't direct it, it was directed by his other buddy that helped start the Dogme '95 movement.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Max posted:

He didn't direct it, it was directed by his other buddy that helped start the Dogme '95 movement.

I know. He wrote about a girl showing her growing breasts to her priest(?) because she misinterpreted a speech he gave.

They're nice breasts, don't get me wrong, but still.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

brylcreem posted:

I know. He wrote about a girl showing her growing breasts to her priest(?) because she misinterpreted a speech he gave.

Lars Van Trier is creepy, news at 11. That's actually the only creepy moment in the film though, the rest is about a bunch of teenagers essentially exercising their right own a firearm in America. Its a strange movie, but pretty interesting, and ends with a big old timey western shootout

It really didn't need to be brought up in here though.

Max fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 26, 2014

HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009
I thought it was a mildly interesting coincidence. I marked it as NSFW for anyone who might be offended. :shrug:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

brylcreem posted:

They are young kids that start a group of pacifistic gun fetishists. It ends about as well as you'd expect with "Written by Lars von Trier" on the box.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

They are young kids that start a group of pacifistic gun fetishists. It ends about as well as you'd expect with "Written by Lars von Trier" on the box.

Still not as bad as Vincent Gallo.

"Who got the lead actress job? Oh...by the way I wrote a hardcore blowjob scene into the movie with my character where I cum in her mouth"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wasn't even a good BJ.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

HorseHeadBed posted:

Yeah you clearly really didn't want to do that

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

This is at least objectively the best season of an absolute piece of poo poo show which is the only nice thing I can say about it.

Hopefully Sorkin stops getting shows, he's clearly regressed as a writer. He's never had any sort of ability to write women or romance relationships, or hell even genuine friendships and his only saving grace was writing good dialogue but now you can pick out any episode of Newsroom and find a dozen lines each ripped off from his previews shows.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I was actually rather surprised that Maggie's broadcast wasn't a repeat of Josh Lyman's Secret Plan to Fight Inflation after other-anchor-guy underwent not-Emergency Woot Canal

Foo
May 16, 2003
Professional Sponge
Jim is literally the worst.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
gently caress drat Ryan is more unwatchable than ever. Glad he is in at most two more episodes after this.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

gently caress drat Ryan is more unwatchable than ever. Glad he is in at most two more episodes after this.

He's pulling off smug billionaire man child pretty well. The only character I aggressively hate is Jim's "I want to be a citizen journo stick it to the face of old media digital revolution' but I'm pretty sure Sorkin wrote her that way to express his contempt for internet bloggers/self proclaimed journos who think they're the future of news media.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't mind Jim at all. Don't really get the hate, actually. His, thankfully, ex-gf was horrible. Hope she's off the show now.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Hey op where you at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here