Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

have fun with this piece of poo poo, i loved TWW and watched every season of it, even though only about half of them were any good, and even by the end of s1 of the newsroom i was fuckin done with this nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

post an update, chump

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I don't want to spoil you mra but the neal thing is maybe the most insane plotline that any sorkin show has ever done

and that includes the camp david "fix the middle east" plotline in the west wing

that's how insane the neal plotline is

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You said the same thing about Aatrek being permabanned.

lol

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

thrawn527 posted:

To be fair, the Camp David "fix the Middle East" plot line from The West Wing wasn't Aaron Sorkin. That was almost a full season after he left.

yeah its why i clarified sorkin show and not sorkin

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Fetus Tree posted:

Turns out my thoughts on people rejoicing on another persons misfortune are consistent then

lol

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

blunt posted:

In the previous threads there was a contingent of people who enjoyed it (me included) who got completely drowned out by people who hatewatched it.

For reference, what this guy means is a contingent of people sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting any time someone brought up how much of a sexist weirdo sorkin was, or how disingenuous the entire concept of the show was

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

what about me mra

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

thats not gross, just pathetic

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

HorseHeadBed posted:

I really, really don't want to be this guy, but here we are.

:siren: NSFW :siren:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ql51_alison-pill_redband

also just fyi you're a gross idiot

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Sex and the city bus tours are an Actual Thing, the real worst part of that scene is the fact that sorkin wrote a show for entitled liberal white men that's masturbatory pointlessness to make entitled liberal white men feel amazing and he then had the hypocritical nerve to call out sex and the city for being the exact same loving thing just for entitled liberal white women

The entire first season of the newsroom just is a real capper on how much distaste sorkin genuinely has for women at all times

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The problem with rape accusations is that it totally is an ethically grey area where people accused of rape do have a lot to legitimately lose from the accusation alone, whether substantiated or not, and there's a difficulty in how exactly the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" is applied to unsubstantiated rape allegations

But it's a loving quagmire that isn't solved by don insisting it's totally black and white where he has to side with the skeezy guy and especially isn't solved by him literally mansplaining to a loving rape victim or completely removing her agency by making her decision for her

Seriously though the argument for how to deal with rape allegations are a loving minefield and sorkin addressed it in the absolute worst loving way possible that illustrates how much of a misogynist piece of garbage he is

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Xoidanor posted:

I had no idea Sorkin was responsible for the screenplay of The Social Network. :stare:

He wasn't, really; fincher heavily rewrote it and removed a whole bunch of elements of the film

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

The West Wing is absolute tops. I rank it over the Wire and the Sopranos (the latter of the two never really did it for me anyway).
Lol

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

this threads not falling into archives on my watch

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

grats chump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I like how the title of that video assumes that The Newsroom was so loving culturally relevant that the name of its main character is more than enough to work as an undefined proper noun.

• Locked thread