Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I've enjoyed things enough so far. It's certainly not the best TV out there but there's far far worse poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now

Geno posted:

i was hoping for Carrie and the pakistani dude.

I'm shipping that, and also Quinn with his landlady.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I watched that episode and thought to myself "I bet if I stopped watching Homeland forever right now, I wouldn't miss anything interesting."

For contrast, I watched the episode and thought "Homeland is becoming more and more like :twentyfour:".
:woop:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Oh hey, Quinn is going to be Agent 47 in the next Hitman movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hitman-agent-47-pushed-back-740813

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I agree, he has been doing a lot of heavy lifting lately.

This post didn't get enough love.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

smg77 posted:

This post didn't get enough love.

It's because it was very tasteless :geno:

lightishred
Aug 11, 2010
I don't understand what's happening with this professor. He stole information from his wife and gave it to Sandy who traded it to the Iranian source? And now the Iranian source wants to continue the relationship so he's going back to America?

e: what the gently caress Carrie :stare:

lightishred fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 20, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mcbexx posted:

Oh hey, Quinn is going to be Agent 47 in the next Hitman movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hitman-agent-47-pushed-back-740813

I loved me the first Hitman but do we really need a sequel to it? Why not reboot it and start fresh?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

lightishred posted:

what the gently caress Carrie :stare:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Don't even care about any of these plotlines. Guess I'm done with the show. :rip: Homeland. Brody really should have blown himself up at the end of season 1.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Carrie really just took the Life of Pi dude's virginity to stop terrorism

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
o poo poo it's duck phillips

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
So that is really where this show is going? Carrie is loving the asset again? And now there will be a whole Quinn is jealous storyline? gently caress Showtime! Have they ever made a series worth finishing? Dexter sure wasn't worth it, Weeds was so bad I couldn't finish it, and now Homeland too?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

th3t00t posted:

So that is really where this show is going? Carrie is loving the asset again? And now there will be a whole Quinn is jealous storyline? gently caress Showtime! Have they ever made a series worth finishing? Dexter sure wasn't worth it, Weeds was so bad I couldn't finish it, and now Homeland too?

Has Showtime ever had a 1 season show? :v: Because all their shows go downhill at an amazing rate after the first season.

SKELETONS
May 8, 2014
Homeland Season 4:

lightishred posted:

what the gently caress Carrie :stare:

Still enjoying this show btw.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
uhh, i guess it's better it's the life of pi dude instead of Quinn?

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
I only just noticed that they're filming the Pakistan scenes in South Africa (or at least, I think they do, based on a SA government department logo in the credits), and I must say they're making it look pretty good. I think it looks a lot more real than the Israel-filmed Beirut scenes in season 2.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Didn't read the first couple pages, cause I don't want to be spoiled.

But I could have sworn the show ended last season, I had no idea we had a 4th coming.

Considering the main character was killed... am I wrong?

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Sappo569 posted:

Didn't read the first couple pages, cause I don't want to be spoiled.

But I could have sworn the show ended last season, I had no idea we had a 4th coming.

Considering the main character was killed... am I wrong?

Brody died in Season 3. But Carrie is pretty clearly the main character.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Don't even care about any of these plotlines. Guess I'm done with the show. :rip: Homeland. Brody really should have blown himself up at the end of season 1.
Yeah, uhhh, I think I'm out after this too :hfive:

When there's no more Damian Lewis, Mandy Patinkin has taken a backseat and the Life of Pi kid is Carrie's new fuckbuddy.....I think it's pretty safe to declare that this show has jumped the shark. There's no reason to stick around anymore.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Were people actually surprised that Carrie seduced an asset?

I thought the episode was fine. Not super exciting but nothing to make me want to stop watching the show.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Second half of season 2- first half of season 3 was the low point for this show. I think this season has actually been pretty enjoyable so far.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
This season just doesn't do it for me. Given that it's a completely new and unrelated story like, except for the fire extinguisher baby, it should have been pacing like the first season again.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

CODChimera posted:

Were people actually surprised that Carrie seduced an asset?

I thought the episode was fine. Not super exciting but nothing to make me want to stop watching the show.

It's like being an CIA asset is her aphrodisiac.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
The second Life of Pi kid came into her house whatever at the end I hoped it was gonna go like it did and it was glorious, the shark has been jumped and I cant wait to see how much of a train wreck this series can be. I hope Saul finds out Carrie's loving another asset and just finally gives up on her, shakes his head and walks off into the sunset and the show ends.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Every time I thought this show had jumped the shark (like the Muslim hit squad in season 2) they come up with something even crazier in the next season.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Peven Stan posted:

Every time I thought this show had jumped the shark (like the Muslim hit squad in season 2) they come up with something even crazier in the next season.

I don't think anything has been as ridiculous as that moment. Well maybe some of the other things in the second half of Season Two...

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

EricBauman posted:

I only just noticed that they're filming the Pakistan scenes in South Africa (or at least, I think they do, based on a SA government department logo in the credits), and I must say they're making it look pretty good. I think it looks a lot more real than the Israel-filmed Beirut scenes in season 2.

Mandy Patinkin said they have been filming in or near Cape Town when he was on Colbert a couple of weeks back.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Combat Pretzel posted:

This season just doesn't do it for me. Given that it's a completely new and unrelated story like, except for the fire extinguisher baby, it should have been pacing like the first season again.

Pretty much this. This season is basically a reboot so it should have been balls to the walls intense or at least interesting. Instead it has been pretty slow with a bunch of terrible plots I don't give a gently caress about.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

CODChimera posted:

I don't think anything has been as ridiculous as that moment. Well maybe some of the other things in the second half of Season Two...

Abu Nazir using Skype probably takes the cake for me

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

StoneOfShame posted:

The second Life of Pi kid came into her house whatever at the end I hoped it was gonna go like it did and it was glorious, the shark has been jumped and I cant wait to see how much of a train wreck this series can be. I hope Saul finds out Carrie's loving another asset and just finally gives up on her, shakes his head and walks off into the sunset and the show ends.

She clearly had a thing for Brody though as in she was in love with him. I doubt that's the case here - she's using sex to manipulate an asset to get what she wants and she doesn't actually give a poo poo if he's killed. I mean she already stated that she lied to him so he isn't going anywhere and they'll "hide behind him" until they find the baddies.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I feel like she's not doing anything that James Bond hasn't done a zillion times already. She already mentioned to Fara that there needed to be a sexual component of the relationship. We saw this coming!

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I'm enjoying it. gently caress da haterz~*

Liam Emsa
Aug 21, 2014

Oh, god. I think I'm falling.
WHAT THE gently caress CARRIE SERIOUSLY DID YOU HAVE TO gently caress THAT KID

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Liam Emsa posted:

WHAT THE gently caress CARRIE SERIOUSLY DID YOU HAVE TO gently caress THAT KID

Because in the Homeland universe, if you love mixing sleeping pills with large glasses of booze, have sex with terrorists (and become impregnated by one), and have gone through years of psych treatment for an intense case of manic-depressive behavior, the CIA will reward you with the job of Station Chief in important areas of the world like Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Because in the Homeland universe, the CIA is the Keystone Kops.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Preparing for baby #2.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

But she was totes conflicted by it, as you can clearly tell from the constipated look she gave herself in the mirror before she took Life of Pi's virginity.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
What in the loving gently caress. I had taken everything...and I mean everything with a grain of salt right up to this episode's retarded ending. Jesus christ, just when you thought believability couldn't be stretched any more Homeland is there is to slap you in the nuts and call you Sally.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Carrie gets the weirdest boners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure Carrie is sleeping with the kid to secure him as an asset, not because she's into him. Don't get me wrong, it's silly, but let's at least be clear on why it's silly

• Locked thread