Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now
Carrie is going psycho in ways that are no longer sympathetic, and I'm not sure if I like that. The scene with her trying to drown her baby and her being remorseless about pretty much everything- I just can't root for her anymore.

Quinn, who's supposed to be the meat-eater assassin dude came off as way more sympathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut

lightishred posted:

I'll be slightly upset if Fara and Max aren't in any more episodes. Fara especially seems like the only normal person at the entire CIA.

What ever happened to Galvez? Was he killed in the terror attack at the end of season 2? He seemed like a pretty decent guy.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut

Geno posted:

i was hoping for Carrie and the pakistani dude.

I'm shipping that, and also Quinn with his landlady.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Season 2 and 3 took a while to get cooking as well. I don't know why people gave up on S4 so fast.

Last night's episode was great, I shouted "NO" out loud at my TV when Aayan was killed.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut

InfiniteZero posted:

They reinforced over and over how disposable that character was to everybody. If you developed anything more than a Game of Thrones level of attachment to him, you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

I knew he was going to die, but I wasn't ready for it right then. He got such a raw deal too. His uncle was like "your gf is a CIA slut, thanks for the medicine, tho" and that was the last thing the kid ever heard.

Also, I had just watched Life of Pi.

HOT SQUATS fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 4, 2014

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Homeland Season 4: The Death of Pi

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Whoever did the sound mixing for this episode deserves an Emmy.

That was a fantastic episode. I had multiple heart attacks when Damien Lewis showed up.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut

Binary Logic posted:

Okay, first let me say I really liked this episode, everyone is basically mind-loving everyone else in some way. And Saul's got balls for speaking to Haqqani the way he did at the dinner table.
BUT...
that was some very high level 4th dimensional chess going on.
1. Get the ambassador's husband to switch Mathison's meds with some type of psychotic so that
2. She will become unstable and start tripping and then instead of seeking medical help or just sleeping it off she will
3.leave the embassy compound, trying to find Aayan's girlfriend and
4. eventually the 'bad' Pakistan intelligence agents will spot her on the street and they can grab her and
5. take her to Aasar Khan's home.

Maybe they do this all the time and know how to make the old Rx drug switcheroo achieve this result but it seemed to me that a lot had to go their way for their plan to work.

I think they only planned for 1 and 2, everything else was just a happy accident. I'm also not 100% certain Khan is working with the rogue elements of ISI and the Taliban.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut

Deakul posted:

Did the show ever pay respects to James Rebhorn? Seems like they've just dropped Carrie's dad off the face of the earth without a send off or anything.

No, and that bothered me too. Rebhorn was a good actor and Carrie's dad was one of his few likable characters, I'm going to miss them both.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
There's no way the prisoners they're supposed to be handing over won't have RFID implants and constant drone surveillance over their heads for the rest of their lives.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
I'm hoping Quinn fucks his fat GF again

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
What the gently caress was that

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Did Howard Gordon write this one? It feels like he wrote it, or at least he gave a lot of input.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
I'm going to defend the finale. It wasn't meant to be the climax of the season like I'm sure a lot of viewers were expecting, it was an epilogue. The climax happened a few episodes ago and this episode was all about the aftermath.

I think the writers did a good job closing a bunch of character arcs in this episode and generally wrapping things up. I especially liked Lockhart's send-off. It was perfect. I'm also glad the show finally acknowledge Rebhorn's death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut

n3wt posted:

On discovering that the CIA made a covert deal with Haqqani that would get Saul, an actual sane agent, back in charge of the CIA instead of that coward Lockhart who handed over a list of assets for Haqqani to kill.
" Treason! We don't deal with terrorists. This hasn't happened a thousand times in the history of the CIA. Saul definitely isn't looking at the bigger picture."

If Carrie had rolled over and accepted Haqqani as an asset, it would have been totally awful. Haqqani personally killed two of her friends, and had 40 of her colleagues killed. She was right to be mad.

• Locked thread