Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
The car mob scene was pretty intense. Other than that, I felt the first two episodes were kind of lackluster. I think Homeland does it the best when it focuses on CIA ops and political bullshit. I don't want to see PTSD Quinn.

And, regarding the car mob scene, I'm surprised the mob didn't back away after Quinn opened fire, and I feel like Quinn hesitated a lot despite the immediate danger. I guess he couldn't just empty his clip, either, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I'm enjoying it. gently caress da haterz~*

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Space Hamlet posted:

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure Carrie is sleeping with the kid to secure him as an asset, not because she's into him. Don't get me wrong, it's silly, but let's at least be clear on why it's silly

There is no wart anyone RV DDR thought the latter. God, I hope someone isn't that dense.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
God drat it, Saul.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
This episode owned.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Senjuro posted:

So Saul saw the guy he was tailing go into an airport bathroom quickly followed by some other guys. What was the plan when Saul went in after them? What was the best case scenario? Was he planning to recreate the bathroom fight from True Lies?

Saul thought the two guys that went in after killed the ISI dude. When he saw only those two leave, he thought, "well, wtf happened. ISI dude dead?" Then, Saul went into investigate only to find out he got played.

Also, True Lies is sooooooo good...

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I just saw the preview for tomorrow's episode. It looks so drat good!

I'm glad it was Saul that got captured and not some mook. The poo poo they are doing and probably going to do wouldn't make any sense unless it was someone at Saul's level and background.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Man, they are loving with her HARD. And, with me as well because I was totally mindfucked.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
So when Carrie was trying to talk to Aayan's friend, and Quinn posing as a guard grabbed her, was that all her tripping out on drugs? It totally faked me out.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

You thought that was really Quinn? In what world would Carrie be able to kick his rear end

That's why I was so confused. But I thought it was believable because it's easier to bash someone's head into a table than safely restrain them.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Homeland was renewed for another season / 12 more episodes. I will be watching season 5.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Saul's failed escape had me by the edge of my seat. So intense!

I can't wait for that goober mole to get caught and interrogated by Carrie.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

The first half of season 2 was fantastic. The interrogation scene was the most riveting thing I've seen on TV and it's just two people talking. I also liked the knife stab.

Remind me what the interrogation scene was again?

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

It was midday. The three cars passed under a couple of trees and they were all 'welp, hosed if I know'.

I thought it was due to the cars going in three separate directions and there was only one drone. The 50 dudes were all in one area and did not disperse.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I'm loving dying. This show is too good.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

This is the most appropriate emote.

Riversideblues posted:

VVVV: I was a little disappointed to see Boss Lady Carrie get shut down by the Ambassador, I was hoping to see some waterboarding action.

You know that was part of the plan, right? It was so the Ambassador could play nice cop and make him fess up to her. Dennis didn't break right then and there but he got caught trying to sneak out later.

Boss Lady Carrie was so good!

Edit: no episode until 12/7???

Hand of the King fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 24, 2014

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

That look Aquani (spell? the current terorrist leader) gave before he went into the tunnel was so :hist101:

Haqqani.

And, yeah, that whole scene ending with him walking in the tunnel with flickering lights was incredible.

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I do. Season one, Brody in the bunker with a bombvest.

One of the best, for sure.

Does anyone know of the ratings for last night's episode? Not that it matters, but 9.8 on IMDB. Wow.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I hope Quinn wipes out half the team Jack Bauer style.

My prediction on what's going to happen: Director What the loving gently caress is going to eat it and then they'll have to bring someone in to replace him... Saul! After going through all this, he'll feel defeated, but he'll have a renewed sense of desire to do the right thing again and resume his passion after an emotion and persuasive speech and recommendation from Carrie.

How else would they make Saul relevant again?

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
If Quinn dies, I'm going to quietly fume while I bluff dropping this show only to continue being a loyal viewer.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Man, this episode was all over the place in a good way. Haha, that coward Dennis... smh.

I really hope Quinn doesn't bite it.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
At this point, it's just Carrie's BD vs. Quinn's PTSD.

I hope Carrie rats out the ISI because I cannot stand that ISI lady. I hope she is gone.

Also, lol at Dennis not being able to do it. Man, the writers are doing one hell of a job to crush this man.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

This all loops back around to the very first episode where Carrie tries to put the moves on Saul

Holy poo poo. I totally had forgotten about that.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Really good episode but the last scene is too much for me (in the bad way). I really hope they spin this right or I'm going to die from rolling my eyes too hard.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Haqqani is a CIA agent. The ultimate twist.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I was more annoyed with the fact ... at how Mr. Good-ISI Guy was somehow able to home in on her in the crowd with such ease.

Why would it be hard to spot a blonde lady in the middle of like 30 non-blonde people?

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Yeah there is some real shot happening right now. I bet were going to see it in the next season or rip it from the headlines Law and Order: SVU style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I thought every scene Quinn was in, he was going to get killed. I don't get Dar Adal's play or motive here. What does he get out of all this?

• Locked thread