Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Junkenstein posted:

How realistic is all the spy and drone technology they're using in that control room?

Like many here, I was also wondering about that. My girlfriend works for nato and loves the show, but at the same time laughs at how unrealistic the video meetings, mobile phone protocol, etc... are.
I fear that if they can't even get that right, the more secret military stuff won't be very realistic either.
Of course you can argue about how realistic the writers want it to be in the first place.
The only realistic 'crappy windows' computer stuff I ever saw on a tv show was in the wire.
It was an other reason why I liked it.
Usually computers on tv shows are magical machines that make stupid noises with every keystroke and can enhance a security camera image up to a point where you can count people's skin pores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Finndo posted:

Dad died. Your traitorbaby has hair that will be a permanent reminder of your secret shame. Come home soon sis!

I have to admit laughing pretty hard when I saw that baby.
Also, I don't know if somebody mentioned it, but the actor playing her dad really died.
So, no surprise that they wrote him out of the show.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I thought they were setting up an IS related plot for next season.

Me too. I thought the writers felt they were being overtaken by reality.
"poo poo, what the gently caress are we still doing in Pakistan?! Syria and Iraq is were it's at. or rather IS at :downsrim: "
Sorry.
Anyway, if next season is Carrie sighing her way through family drama again I'll stop watching.

• Locked thread