Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I'm really enjoying this season, loving an asset to get information/get them on your side is very realistic, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Space Hamlet posted:

Curious to hear what gives you perspective on that. I've always thought it was a silly genre convention

Getting assets is all about exploiting and manipulating their weakness. Sex is almost everyone's weakness, particularly a young 20ish year old religious Muslim. Not only do you have the advantage of giving them sex, you can also work on making them feel guilty about it as well. If they don't respond to the sex, you can blackmail them for even having it. Blackmail is the name of the game when it comes to asset acquisition.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Her dropping out of contact for that long is extremely normal for a high level CIA agent, even one with a well known position to the public. The failing was more on Quinn being so hosed up he didn't cover for her, and was too afraid to make the call in her place, which he has authority to.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Well, technically, he doesn't have the "legal" authority, but he can say he was given the order from Carrie, and she has no way to say that it isn't true. It's all part of the politic game of blackmail.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
WHAT THE loving gently caress!!!??!?!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
A TWO WEEK loving BREAK????? ARGHGHGHGH

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
And they didn't even do a "on the next Homeland" ffffffuck. By the way, this is the only Showtime show I watch, is it common for them to show, before the episode, what the current episode is about? That's really loving dumb.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Riversideblues posted:

That episode was loving incredible. Like wow, what a loving amazing closing scene to the episode. The loving tunnel scene.

Yeah, it was really freaking good. Also, the only unrealistic part about it was the guy taking the mole to his office to ask him questions nicely.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

HOT SQUATS posted:

I'm hoping Quinn fucks his fat GF again

Oh man, I forgot about that part of this season. HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THAT PART, IT WAS loving AMAZING.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I was kinda disappointed by that episode, and I'm not sure why. I thought it would be more intense I guess. This show is really one that works best watching in a binge. After the ending of the last episode, this one just didn't draw me in two weeks later. But if I were to watch the two back to back, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

smg77 posted:

I'd love it if the next season focused on Saul selling his soul to get back in the intelligence game but it's going to be more stuff about Carrie making bad decisions and even worse facial expressions.

Man, her constant "pfft"-ing this season was really annoying

• Locked thread