Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

ok but how do you get the rubber band on in the first place? i think it's supposed to be a way to put your chain on and then get in that door later but then how do you set it up when you are leaving? plus if someone picks your lock now they can just get in anyway

the more i think about it the less it makes sense

you reach through the gap when the door is slightly ajar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

qntm posted:

you reach through the gap when the door is slightly ajar

oh right

ok yeah that's a really creepy rapehack

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Not Food Network ‏@FoodNetwerk

Need to whip up a dessert in a hurry? Dump a bag of oreos on the floor and eat the oreos off of the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Not Food Network ‏@FoodNetwerk

Need to whip up a dessert in a hurry? Dump a bag of oreos on the floor and eat the oreos off of the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

post the one from three years ago about wasp eggs next

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Smoke and/or Vape copious amounts of weed.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Can't figure out where all the cool Internet sites are? Turn on your computer and surf the tubes, dude!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Cocoa Crispies posted:

post the one from three years ago about wasp eggs next

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

thanks

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the door chain thing is for when you have a key to the door, but your roommate or spouse or whoever put the chain on and you don't want to wake them when you come home because you're a polite person

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the door chain thing is for when you have a key to the door, but your roommate or spouse or whoever put the chain on and you don't want to wake them when you come home because you're a polite person

Whatever, rape man.

Apr 7, 2003

Life Hack: Hack at your body until all life leaves it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Citizen Tayne posted:

Life Hack: Hack at your body until all life leaves it.

your posting is a hack job

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yeah but who puts the chain on? because you can't actually reach through the gap and do it from the outside b/c the chain is already engaged with the slider part so the elastic band won't fit on. but if the wife or whatever puts it on before she goes to sleep while you're out, then it effectively disables the chain and there was no point in putting it on in the first place.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

yeah but who puts the chain on? because you can't actually reach through the gap and do it from the outside b/c the chain is already engaged with the slider part so the elastic band won't fit on. but if the wife or whatever puts it on before she goes to sleep while you're out, then it effectively disables the chain and there was no point in putting it on in the first place.

all the chains I've ever seen are already useless if somebody can open the main lock because they're tiny pieces of metal that could be cut easily with bolt cutters or something. but thats not the point: the chain is so you can safely crack your door open and talk to whoevers outside. so if there are people who live together with (say) a deadbolt/chain combo, the situation might arise where a forgetful person used the chain to talk to someone at the door, but then didn't take the chain off before they went to sleep. then another person who lives there (and who has a key to the deadbolt) comes home, and doesn't want to wake the sleeping person just to unlock the chain. qed bihtc

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

all the chains I've ever seen are already useless if somebody can open the main lock because they're tiny pieces of metal that could be cut easily with bolt cutters or something. but thats not the point: the chain is so you can safely crack your door open and talk to whoevers outside. so if there are people who live together with (say) a deadbolt/chain combo, the situation might arise where a forgetful person used the chain to talk to someone at the door, but then didn't take the chain off before they went to sleep. then another person who lives there (and who has a key to the deadbolt) comes home, and doesn't want to wake the sleeping person just to unlock the chain. qed bihtc

Of course, that makes so much sense. I'll just grab this rubber band that I always keep in my pocket and spend ten minutes in the dark futzing around trying to loop it over the security chain instead of, I don't know, knocking on the door? Calling the person who is in the house and telling them to let me in? Because if you share a house with the type of person to insist on using a security chain I'm sure them hearing somebody trying to break in won't make them freak the gently caress out and call 911 at all.

Apr 7, 2003

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

#10 - dissolve your own body in water and lye and then pour yourself down the drain

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

drat that is a big rear end bottle of febreeze

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
  1. fire
  2. fire
  3. fire
  4. fire
  5. fire
  6. fire
  7. fire
  8. fire
  9. fire
  10. fire

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Take a moment to reconsider before being born in a poor family. Your chances in life will be better, if you decide to be born to rich parents instead.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i hate that banana one because it isn't actually easier at all and it's always labeled as the "right" way to eat them when obviously this is the way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5bvNVx1NqM

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I don't know who that is

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
it's marie claire, obviously

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

that's the notorious hacker S.O. Chick.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
her poo poo is everywhere now you shut-ins

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

colbylol posted:

like where. top 40 radio or the Disney channel or something?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ariana grande is a singing peanut

squint and look and you will see it

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

a lot of words about chain locks that tear right off the wall if your over 100 pounds and have limbs to push with

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

colbylol posted:

yeah my baby did this too, it sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

colbylol posted:

idk who she is but i spend all my days playing Dota and spergy milsims and doing math

i lead a rich and rewarding life

• Locked thread