Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
Finished the season tonight and it's the best new show I've seen since Utopia (UK, not that Fox show). It's a fantastic cast, with Jeffrey Tambor and Gaby Hoffmann knocking it out of the park (the lack of response to the show probably means they sadly won't get any nominations come award season, but hopefully it'll catch on in the coming weeks). I really like how Maura and her kids all seem to be going through their own types of transitions, or at the very least struggling to find a better sense of self. It really hammers home how universal the subject matter is.

And I like how everyone ends up by the end of the season. Sarah ends up with the person she loves, only to fall into the same feeling of boredom as her marriage to Len. Josh's desire to start a family comes true in a way he'd never expect. Ali continues floating through life choosing one thing after another in the hopes that one will stick, but now one of the only stable things in her life has suddenly been taken away from her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
Yeah, Jill Soloway has consulted with trans women and men for the show. She's actually hoping to have a trans female writer on the show for next season. Some of her intentions are described here, along with some disagreements with Jenji Kohan. http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/transparent-launches-trans-affirmative-action.html

I hope more people have gotten into this show. Amazon picked it up for a second season, which isn't a surprise. It's by far their most successful show.

• Locked thread