Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yeah, that would have been an interesting ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the ova is out and its like 2 half episodes they cut from season 1 with a bunch of stupid jokes and some tame fanservice. its okayish

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

No cool fight scenes? :(

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

theres fights, but the animation quality of the episode overall is pretty poor so its not that cool

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Also the fights are more on the silly side (due to Gilette's crew being incompetent) than cool.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Whoever lets her go is real mother! :laugh:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

HiveCommander posted:

Whoever lets her go is real mother! :laugh:

Makes no sense!

I was glad to see more Red. But overall it was kinda subpar. I cringed so much during the theatre part, but it did make me laugh.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

theres fights, but the animation quality of the episode overall is pretty poor so its not that cool

Is the choreography still good, at least?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
The most shocking thing about the OVA is Chaika's stunning disrespect for historical landmarks.

ninjewtsu posted:

Is the choreography still good, at least?

They're very brief. Really, the OVA is all about the comic relief and fanservice. I thought it was fine, but if you're hoping for the kind of action and adventure from the series, you're not going to find much of it.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Command Ant posted:

The most shocking thing about the OVA is Chaika's stunning disrespect for historical landmarks.

They're very brief. Really, the OVA is all about the comic relief and fanservice. I thought it was fine, but if you're hoping for the kind of action and adventure from the series, you're not going to find much of it.

Hey! She felt bad, ok!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Who cares?

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light

paragon1 posted:

Who cares?

Worth it.

I'm okay with this OVA. It was a good excuse to see all the characters interacting with each other one more time and watching the two Chaikas argue never gets old. Extremely silly stuff, but fun to watch.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I somehow managed to forget the OAV had come out. :downs:

So let me be the first to say

I want more Chaika. :(

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Chaika on the front page!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sentai license. English dub.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten posted:

Sentai license. English dub.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ha! Pretty much. I might buy it anyway if the subs are ok and general quality is decent.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'll watch a vid on youtube to see how bad chaika's gaijin voice is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i hope she has an extremely thick russian accent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's a Sentai dub. It will be lame, and also bad.

• Locked thread