Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The wizard would come out in modern day New York and wouldn't understand all the weird stuff from the future that he saw. He could meet with a streetwise teen who wouldn't believe the wizard was really a wizard at first - in fact he might say stuff like "whatever, grampa". Later there could be a scene where the teen teaches the wizard how to dress cool in a montage, maybe he could learn to use a phone our think a tv is an Oracle. Well cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Inspiration: the wizard learns to love modern day but some bad guys follow him to New York and he has to fight them with modern wisdom. At the end he finds a way to go back but chooses to stay

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

would this be like the movie enchanted where the fairy tale princess goes to new york? that's one of my favorite children's movies for little girls.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Let's brainstorm this. Could the wizard find love? I say yes. I also say there's a scene where a cocky gang member tries to mug him and he uses magic to and the rest of the gang runs scared

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TrixRabbi posted:

would this be like the movie enchanted where the fairy tale princess goes to new york? that's one of my favorite children's movies for little girls.

No, my movie has a male wizard. He has to be male so there can be a scene where he shaves his comically long wizard's beard.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
How would this film integrate into a 20 movie ten year plan and what would the merchandising opportunities look like?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

And, of course, there has to be an evil wizard who was the good wizard's rival, who still alive in the modern age and uses all modern stuff PLUS magic and is even MORE powerful than when the good wizard fought him medieval times. Maybe he even sent the good wizard to the future? Also, he has henchmen.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

ReV VAdAUL posted:

How would this film integrate into a 20 movie ten year plan and what would the merchandising opportunities look like?

I don't want it to be one of those movies where there are a billion sequels - I feel that would dilute the impact of a definite ending (wizard puts on sunglasses and answers a phone call as he peels out in a Porsche)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
You should watch Sleepy Hollow.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

computer parts posted:

You should watch Sleepy Hollow.

I haven't seen that one. What's it about?

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

no they will not posted:

No, my movie has a male wizard. He has to be male so there can be a scene where he shaves his comically long wizard's beard.

oh. well i'll probably watch it on a plane or a bus or something someday. good luck with the movie! we're all cheering for you. christ loves you! :hr:

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
Will there at least be really detailed lore about how the Wizard's magic works and how he travels through time so I can argue about it on the internet?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
What biting satire. You sure do have cinema from 1998's number.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

What biting satire. You sure do have cinema from 1998's number.

It's not satire

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

no they will not posted:

I haven't seen that one. What's it about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFHvr-EhmUo

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Eh, it's been done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anqWM7fI5fw

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

My biggest problem with the lords of magick is that everyone seemed to either accept the time shift easily or not realize it had occurred at all

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
It's been too long since the last great fish out of water comedy flick, and I'm bringing it back

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Stone cold garbage if the wizard doesn't return to the past with a teary-eyed speech about how he "belongs" there, then afterwards we find out that they got really into twerking in the middles ages or some poo poo, and the lead kid mugs knowingly to the camera.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Is there a scene where he goes into a bathroom and thinks the urinal patties are food because if so i'm totally sold.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
This sounds like something Nicholas Cage would do

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Ask Me For Warez posted:

I would see cage as maybe the rear end in a top hat boyfriend of the woman who eventually falls in love with the wizard.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

no they will not posted:

I would see cage as maybe the rear end in a top hat boyfriend of the woman who eventually falls in love with the wizard.

Wait does this mean that the woman falls in love with the wizard or that the boyfriend does, because those are two very different movies.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
But who would play the wizard. I have to say I see Jonathan Pryce from hit movie Brazil doing a wonderful job with it. I bet he grows a mean beard.

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

The only Disney Princess with a body count... in the thousands.

Ask Me For Warez posted:

So it does

Vargo posted:

Wait does this mean that the woman falls in love with the wizard or that the boyfriend does, because those are two very different movies.
What if they both do via supernatural hijinks a la A Midsummer Night's Dream and then comedy ensues?

no they will not posted:

Is there a montage where the wizard wins the woman a prize at the fair by surreptitiously using magic?

TwistedLadder fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Oct 6, 2014

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

would the wizard use his magic a lot in the modern day? like would he turn people into frogs in times square and stuff and cause all sorts of wacky hijinks?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

TwistedLadder posted:

Is there a montage where the wizard wins the woman a prize at the fair by surreptitiously using magic?

There had better be. set to this fine diddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZCZ1pl37Ag

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

TrixRabbi posted:

would the wizard use his magic a lot in the modern day? like would he turn people into frogs in times square and stuff and cause all sorts of wacky hijinks?
They get turned into these types of frogs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBkWhkAZ9ds

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

There had better be. set to this fine diddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZCZ1pl37Ag
No way, you'd have to use this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDYNuD4CwlI

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

this one too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDYNuD4CwlI

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

I'm glad we posted that at the same time :3:

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

TwistedLadder posted:

I'm glad we posted that at the same time :3:

i now have this song playing three times at once in my browser.

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

TrixRabbi posted:

i now have this song playing three times at once in my browser.

Have a fourth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ReV VAdAUL posted:

... what would the merchandising opportunities look like?

Pointy hats. With the word WIZZARD written on them.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

no they will not posted:

The wizard would come out in modern day New York and wouldn't understand all the weird stuff from the future that he saw. He could meet with a streetwise teen who wouldn't believe the wizard was really a wizard at first - in fact he might say stuff like "whatever, grampa". Later there could be a scene where the teen teaches the wizard how to dress cool in a montage, maybe he could learn to use a phone our think a tv is an Oracle. Well cheers.
Didn't they already do something like this in the Smurfs movie?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I think something you could do in this movie, is have the wizard be really racist. So he meets like a black guy and he's like "We should burn him" and then everyone's like "Woah, cool down there wizard." and then they explain that it's not okay to judge someone based on the color of their skin. So later the Wizard can be like "Gonna murder some blacks (everyone gasps)...and by that I mean blackmagic practicing wizards!" Everyone laughs because the wizard was really tricky on that one. IDK maybe if you make the movie into a miniseries like Fargo or something

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
About halfway through the movie the wizard drops his magic wand down a storm drain and LOSES HIS POWERS but then at the end he REGAINS HIS POWERS when he realizes that the magic was inside him all along!

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 6, 2014

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TrixRabbi posted:

I'd say maybe at first, but then there could be a sort of John Connor - T-800 relationship between the wizard and the teen, where the wizard starts using magic recklessly and the teen tells him to tone it back. I'd also like if the teen could have John Connor's haircut.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

wizards should be in every movie

but they should be like real wizardly and just use wildly powerful and dangerous magic for mundane poo poo that probably kills hundreds of people in the process

edit:

if your wizard cant make a meteor just drop out of the sky onto a fool then he ain't no real wizard

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got osme bad news for you op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5TAE-7Q5DU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Kazaam isn't a wizard, he's a genie. That's basic.

• Locked thread