Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats funny cause shaq was a wizard on the court!!!!!!!111

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Shaq never played for the Wizards.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

no they will not posted:

I'd say maybe at first, but then there could be a sort of John Connor - T-800 relationship between the wizard and the teen, where the wizard starts using magic recklessly and the teen tells him to tone it back. I'd also like if the teen could have John Connor's haircut.

*wizard eyes up a man in Halloween costume* I need your robe, your wand, and your tall pointy star-covered hat.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

This movie is pretty much exactly this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTNcZn2KfDw Ok, technically the protagonist is a warlock, but its pretty much the same thing. Its pretty sad that the warlock dies at the end though.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Ext. Night: Wizard is hovering over New York.

"Let's paint the town..."

*Wizard explodes into million bones*

Int: Rattle Rattle

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i can play the wizard if you want to. also i recommend spelling it wizyrd because that is kind of neat if you think about it

i can also play the sidekick if you want to

i can do both i can be eddy murphy

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Munsun posted:

i can play the wizard if you want to. also i recommend spelling it wizyrd because that is kind of neat if you think about it

i can also play the sidekick if you want to

i can do both i can be eddy murphy

I recommend spelling it "sydekyck".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

penismightier posted:

Stone cold garbage if the wizard doesn't return to the past with a teary-eyed speech about how he "belongs" there, then afterwards we find out that they got really into twerking in the middles ages or some poo poo, and the lead kid mugs knowingly to the camera.
This happens in school, and the kid suddenly starts acing all his medieval history tests (he was in danger of failing and being shipped off to boot camp before).

e: I don't know if they ship kids to boot camp at age 14 or whatever, or at all anymore.

e2: how about the wizard teaches the kid magic, we can get this on the soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kldHXD2z4jA

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Oct 7, 2014

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

There had better be. set to this fine diddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZCZ1pl37Ag

You dummies are so wrong. It would be set to this, no question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Kv6vxZwL8

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
this is probably a good one for the end credits or maybe a montage of romance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11A8JZ-RDDo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

did this movie ever get made? i'd like to watch it.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

i would love this film

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

is there a cool dog in this movie?

otherwise pass

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

zVxTeflon posted:

otherwise pass

The wizard turns his familiar into a dog after his present day sidekick complains that it was scaring off the babes. The dog is super cool plus the wizard can scry (and cast spells) through it which comes in handy when the sorority girls let it hang around the showers.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

zVxTeflon posted:

otherwise pass

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

No, this is the romance montage song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj5vagsGC38

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Shanty posted:

The wizard turns his familiar into a dog after his present day sidekick complains that it was scaring off the babes. The dog is super cool plus the wizard can scry (and cast spells) through it which comes in handy when the sorority girls let it hang around the showers.

Just remake Revenge of the Nerds, except one of them is a wizard.

Also they have a robot

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Remake everything with wizards

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Remake Sorcerer with an actual sorcerer.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
maybe the kid wants the wizard to prove magic by turning his lovely old iphone into a brand new iphone. maybe save that for the sequel.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
paully shore should play the streetwise teen.....

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

davidspackage posted:

Just remake Revenge of the Nerds, except one of them is a wizard.

Also they have a robot

Wizard school versus knights college. The nerdy wizard kids start out as underdogs, but when one of the jocky knight kids draws blood the wizards stop loving around and it turns into hellraiser or evil dead (depends on director, obv)

e: "The Wizard VS Sorcerer" sounds like it would be a cool as hell movie but it would basically be the worst when you think about it

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Wizard Warriors and the Wayward Whale Wars

You're welcome

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Will there be a bit where the wizard goes to time square and slowly spins around like woah, looking at the lights and things and then he nearly gets hit by a cab and the driver yells because new York cab drivers are angry, but the wizard is just bemused and the cab drives off. Oh and then the wizard bumps into a pretty woman who is on a cell phone and the wizard is confused but the woman gives him a nice smile. The woman can become the love interest or not I don't even care.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

At the end, Bob Newhart wakes up and looks over to Suzanne Pleshette and tells her about this strange dream he had where he was a wizard...

screwtape
Nov 8, 2006
I would watch this. I'd also just settle for a Moondog documentary.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Tears In A Vial posted:

Will there be a bit where the wizard goes to time square and slowly spins around like woah, looking at the lights and things and then he nearly gets hit by a cab and the driver yells because new York cab drivers are angry, but the wizard is just bemused and the cab drives off. Oh and then the wizard bumps into a pretty woman who is on a cell phone and the wizard is confused but the woman gives him a nice smile. The woman can become the love interest or not I don't even care.

Ahhh yes I'd like that

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
Other ideas for settings: LA, London

PaulDirac
Aug 15, 2014
We had a show years and years back on dutch television that was exactly like that, t'was aight. Can't remember the name thought.

EDIT: I was totally wrong, it was an english show called Catweazle. Here is a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cgIHS7am9g.

PaulDirac fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 17, 2014

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Other ideas for settings: LA, London

Ferguson, MO

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Egbert Souse posted:

Ferguson, MO

Branson, MO

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You can't do "in da hood" before the third sequel.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
There should be a scene where a kid is hiding the wizard from an adult, such as his parents, because the wizard is a secret. And it turns out the wizard is comically bad at staying hidden. Hell, that'd be a good driving narrative force for most of the film. Hilarious, too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

He'll also need to bring him to school and try to pass him off as his uncle Joe or something.

How old is the kid in this brainstorm so far? If we're gonna do this properly we need to have the straight-laced kid and his stoner best buddy. 16 at least, I'd think.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
We should all read the indispensable screenwriting book Save The Cat, written by the screenwriter behind the classic film Blank Check. Maybe we could even get him to help us personally!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Egbert Souse posted:

Ferguson, MO

The wizard is mike brown and after he is shot the collective consciousness of the city turns him into an eternal wizard warrior of teen (strong armed) justice.

The cop can be his love interest I don't care

Malaleb
Dec 1, 2008
If the movie was set in Washington DC, the kid could say, "We should go have fun, but where would someone dressed like you fit in?" and take him to a Wizards game where he would be very confused at first but then learn to enjoy it a montage set to "Everybody Dance Now".

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

PaulDirac posted:

We had a show years and years back on dutch television that was exactly like that, t'was aight. Can't remember the name thought.

EDIT: I was totally wrong, it was an english show called Catweazle. Here is a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cgIHS7am9g.

I remember Catweazle as being loving awesome, so I'm not watching that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

I think its a mistake to give the wizard a love interest. He's hanging around with a kid, so maybe the wizard gives out sage advice and teaches the kid about chivalry so he can win over the pretty girl in school who's dating the jock. That way you get a nice theme of "sometimes the old ways are best."

Also maybe there should be a joke where the wizard is looking for a certain herb for a potion he wants to make and he accidentally buys weed. We could even have a scene where he's handed a wizard bong and is like, "Melchior?!" Because the wizard on the bong looks like one of his wizard friends. It'd be nice to have a bit of edgy comedy.

• Locked thread