Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Biff Rockgroin posted:

I think its a mistake to give the wizard a love interest. He's hanging around with a kid, so maybe the wizard gives out sage advice and teaches the kid about chivalry so he can win over the pretty girl in school who's dating the jock. That way you get a nice theme of "sometimes the old ways are best."

While the protagonist and his new gal are at the school dance at the end (maybe doing some supernatural dance moves?), their luckless science teacher sheepishly approaches our now-sexy wizard. Could love be in the cards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

While the protagonist and his new gal are at the school dance at the end (maybe doing some supernatural dance moves?), their luckless science teacher sheepishly approaches our now-sexy wizard. Could love be in the cards?

I think the science teacher should have been at odds with the wizard, insisting that magic isn't real, but she slowly comes around after seeing the "magic" the wizard worked on the teen.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Kid: "I bet your old clothes just aren't doing it for her. You should try dressing up fancier when you meet her tonight."

Wiz: "And where on earth would a man could obtain attractive garments in a mere 4 hours?"

Close-up of kid's face: *grin*

*mall clothes shopping montage*

(he dislikes all the clothes except for the wizard outfit that was mixed in from the costumes rack, which is what he ends up wearing)

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Biff Rockgroin posted:

I think the science teacher should have been at odds with the wizard, insisting that magic isn't real, but she slowly comes around after seeing the "magic" the wizard worked on the teen.

Science teacher is the love interests rear end in a top hat boyfriend

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Actually, at the end of the movie, the wizard should become a science teacher.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Detective No. 27 posted:

Actually, at the end of the movie, the wizard should become a science teacher.

He should become the mayor.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This goes in the brew
Eye of frog and newt
Three of spider's thigh
The rent is too drat high

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The abyss of ignorance concerning proper wizard lore in this thread sickens me. Most of these suggestions run counter to what a wizard could and would and even should do, and I will not buy a ticket or show any support for a movie that so egregiously violates wizard cannon.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Grendels Dad posted:

The abyss of ignorance concerning proper wizard lore in this thread sickens me. Most of these suggestions run counter to what a wizard could and would and even should do, and I will not buy a ticket or show any support for a movie that so egregiously violates wizard cannon.

I agree, the wizard cannon is not something to be trifled with.

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 20, 2014

TheChaff
Oct 1, 2004

It's a' me, Mario !!!
Good choices on romance montage songs! For the build up to implied sex scene cutaway (science teacher wizard post-prom payoff?) it needs this song though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QyoRzZrF00

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Every song in the movie is Allstar by Smash Mouth.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Now, now, we can use other songs. Like Katy Perry's "Firework".

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

There should be also "i'm putting my robe and a wizard hat" joke, a harry potter reference with an eye-roll and the wizard's addiction to [product placement]. And don't forget about some knee-slapping medieval fantasy puns in the place of swears.

Jokes aside, i would love to see a short movie out of this http://english.bouletcorp.com/2014/09/05/kingdom-lost/

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

fatherboxx posted:

There should be also "i'm putting my robe and a wizard hat" joke, a harry potter reference with an eye-roll and the wizard's addiction to [product placement]. And don't forget about some knee-slapping medieval fantasy puns in the place of swears.

Jokes aside, i would love to see a short movie out of this http://english.bouletcorp.com/2014/09/05/kingdom-lost/

Could there be a JK Rowling cameo where the joke is that she's an immortal wizard and that how she know so much about wizards? Like the wizard would recognize her from a magazine cover and says "she's published our secrets!"

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Should there be a musical number? Maybe the band doesn't show up to the school dance so the wizard conjures a few familiars to play the drums and bass and he plays a cool modern twist to an old timey song on an electric guitar.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Seriously, like 80% of this stuff is in Sorcerer's Apprentice. The only thing it doesn't have is a wizard dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

NarkyBark posted:

Seriously, like 80% of this stuff is in Sorcerer's Apprentice. The only thing it doesn't have is a wizard dog.

And that is why it fails. Wizard dogs are in the canon..

• Locked thread