Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The wizard would come out in modern day New York and wouldn't understand all the weird stuff from the future that he saw. He could meet with a streetwise teen who wouldn't believe the wizard was really a wizard at first - in fact he might say stuff like "whatever, grampa". Later there could be a scene where the teen teaches the wizard how to dress cool in a montage, maybe he could learn to use a phone our think a tv is an Oracle. Well cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Inspiration: the wizard learns to love modern day but some bad guys follow him to New York and he has to fight them with modern wisdom. At the end he finds a way to go back but chooses to stay

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Let's brainstorm this. Could the wizard find love? I say yes. I also say there's a scene where a cocky gang member tries to mug him and he uses magic to and the rest of the gang runs scared

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TrixRabbi posted:

would this be like the movie enchanted where the fairy tale princess goes to new york? that's one of my favorite children's movies for little girls.

No, my movie has a male wizard. He has to be male so there can be a scene where he shaves his comically long wizard's beard.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

ReV VAdAUL posted:

How would this film integrate into a 20 movie ten year plan and what would the merchandising opportunities look like?

I don't want it to be one of those movies where there are a billion sequels - I feel that would dilute the impact of a definite ending (wizard puts on sunglasses and answers a phone call as he peels out in a Porsche)

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

computer parts posted:

You should watch Sleepy Hollow.

I haven't seen that one. What's it about?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

What biting satire. You sure do have cinema from 1998's number.

It's not satire

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

My biggest problem with the lords of magick is that everyone seemed to either accept the time shift easily or not realize it had occurred at all

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
It's been too long since the last great fish out of water comedy flick, and I'm bringing it back

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Ask Me For Warez posted:

This sounds like something Nicholas Cage would do

I would see cage as maybe the rear end in a top hat boyfriend of the woman who eventually falls in love with the wizard.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TrixRabbi posted:

would the wizard use his magic a lot in the modern day? like would he turn people into frogs in times square and stuff and cause all sorts of wacky hijinks?

I'd say maybe at first, but then there could be a sort of John Connor - T-800 relationship between the wizard and the teen, where the wizard starts using magic recklessly and the teen tells him to tone it back. I'd also like if the teen could have John Connor's haircut.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Kazaam isn't a wizard, he's a genie. That's basic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Tears In A Vial posted:

Will there be a bit where the wizard goes to time square and slowly spins around like woah, looking at the lights and things and then he nearly gets hit by a cab and the driver yells because new York cab drivers are angry, but the wizard is just bemused and the cab drives off. Oh and then the wizard bumps into a pretty woman who is on a cell phone and the wizard is confused but the woman gives him a nice smile. The woman can become the love interest or not I don't even care.

Ahhh yes I'd like that

• Locked thread