Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

What, is horse meat illegal in the US or something?

Savages.

I don't think it's illegal to serve horse meat so long as you're serving it AS horse meat. It would be illegal to claim your burgers are pure beef but actually make them from horses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

What, is horse meat illegal in the US or something?

Savages.

There aren't any slaughterhouses capable of slaughtering horses anymore in the US; the horses are shipped to Mexico.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Has anyone in this thread tried horse meat? If so, how does it taste?

Edit: Never mind, I just googled it. Apparently it tastes like a mixture of beef and venison and has less fat and more protein then beef does. That sounds pretty good, maybe we should all be eating more horse's

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 15, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I've tried it before. It's not particularly great. Think really lean and tough venison.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I've tried it before. It's not particularly great. Think really lean and tough venison.
I think the good old USofA could develop nice horse meat (by minimizing all exercise, feeding them a rich diet of grains and lard, and basically turn them into Brunhilde's horse from that one Bugs Bunny opera).

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

The Red Queen posted:

Oh my god, is the restaurant inspector going to team up with Bob in a sting to take down a horse meat seller?

That would be amazing.

When I first saw the cover and title, I assumed it was another plotline about Hugo harassing Bob because he thinks something is wrong with the restaurant, and I was worried that Bob's was already getting to the point of terribly recycled plotlines.

But if indeed it's about them teaming-up, then I'm on board.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I hope it's just a straight-up parody of the movie because the BB cast in a dance marathon is basically all I want in life.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I don't think it's illegal to serve horse meat so long as you're serving it AS horse meat. It would be illegal to claim your burgers are pure beef but actually make them from horses.

That's exactly the problem. Horse meat isn't illegal any more than gator or emu meat is. The problem is that restaurants in the past have claimed that they were selling beef when it was actually horse, because its cheaper.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

As anyone in this thread tried horse meat? If so, how does it taste?

Edit: Never mind, I just googled it. Apparently it tastes like a mixture of beef and venison and has less fat and more protein then beef does. That sounds pretty good, maybe we should all be eating more horse's

Horse meat is perfectly edible and used to be eaten pretty regularly in the past without it being a big deal. I think the change came around the time that cars replaced horses as primary means of transportation, and so horses went from being seen as work animals to being seen more as pets.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I'd eat my car if it was edible.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

As anyone in this thread tried horse meat?

I'm British, so... probably!

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
It would be weird to see fat horses grazing about.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just watched Hawk and Chick. Cutest episode of television ever, I love the Belchers :3:

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

PassTheRemote posted:

New Script cover:

So are they giving Horses Burgers to eat, or are they making burgers out of horse meat? Because Tina might not be a fan of one of those options.

I wonder if we'll get a Bojack Horseman reference.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Almost here.

quote:

THE BELCHERS TAKE A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF "BOB'S BURGERS" SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, ON FOX

Bob notices that he has started to lose his hair. In a wave of nostalgia, Linda reminisces about Bob's mustache and how it made her fall for him years ago. Meanwhile, the kids tell their own versions of the story of how their parents met.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
d]z

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ha, "started" to lose his hair. I'm gonna guess this picture is used in one of the kids' stories. My money's on Gene.

So it looks like they're starting a season with a Frond Files-esque episode. I hope they tone it down on those, not because they're not good (although I was underwhelmed by The Gayle Tales), but because they give me bad flashbacks to the post-golden age Simpsons era where they had one of them per season. But at least the Belchers aren't traveling around the world once a season yet.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Y-Hat posted:

Ha, "started" to lose his hair. I'm gonna guess this picture is used in one of the kids' stories. My money's on Gene.

So it looks like they're starting a season with a Frond Files-esque episode. I hope they tone it down on those, not because they're not good (although I was underwhelmed by The Gayle Tales), but because they give me bad flashbacks to the post-golden age Simpsons era where they had one of them per season. But at least the Belchers aren't traveling around the world once a season yet.

Futurama also had (a good) one of those per season.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I still have one Futurama episode to watch because I saw the description of the animal one of those and just thought "nope". Maybe one day.

I always hated the Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror episodes, even in the classic era. The Bob's ones at least amuse me.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Gross. Treehouse of Horror was outstanding in the golden age, as was everything else. The problem was when non-canon anthology & gimmick episodes made their way into the rest of the seasons, and then increased in frequency. Because they always loving stunk ('behind the laughter' ewwww)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Gross. Treehouse of Horror was outstanding in the golden age, as was everything else. The problem was when non-canon anthology & gimmick episodes made their way into the rest of the seasons, and then increased in frequency. Because they always loving stunk ('behind the laughter' ewwww)

Eh, I always liked Behind the Laughter, because it's the series finale. Sure it wasn't great, but it was a decent note to end on.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

S9 is the last I recognize (despite the pervasive faults) so it's well past the end of the series in my book :D

The good news for Bob's Burgers is that it still has the mighty foundation of King of the Hill and Home Movies at its heart, so it's built to last without ever degrading into an artless mockery of itself.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I mean, I'd take a "22 Short Films About Springfield", or even a "Behind the Laughter", per season before I'd take a clip show, so go ahead and bring on more Frond Files.

Also, Treehouse of Horror was fantastic during the times that the show itself was good.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

'22 short films' is one of the best episodes of a comedy ever produced so I don't really consider it in league with subpar gimmicks. The clipshow concern is a fair point, tho

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I still have one Futurama episode to watch because I saw the description of the animal one of those and just thought "nope". Maybe one day.

The animal one isn't bad. Out of the "revival" 3-story episodes, it ranks as maybe the 2nd best one?

I'd go:

1) Reincarnation
2) Naturama
3) Saturday Morning Fun Pit
4) Futurama Holiday Spectacular

I wish I could somehow put that last one lower than 4, though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

How can you hate golden age-era Treehouse of Horror? The fourth one had one of my all-time favorite gags, when they present the Jury of the Damned that included the starting lineup of the 1974-75 (or was it 1975-76?) Philadelphia Flyers.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The good news for Bob's Burgers is that it still has the mighty foundation of King of the Hill and Home Movies at its heart, so it's built to last without ever degrading into an artless mockery of itself.
Speaking of Home Movies, now that Brendon Small isn't doing anything, I hope that he gets a future guest voice on Bob's Burgers so he can be reunited with Loren Bouchard. Make him a big shot movie director shooting in the city, or a heavy metal lead singer who gets chummy with Bob. Or both in two different episodes. I'm fairly certain I've posted this wish in here before, but I really want it to happen.

And speaking of King of the Hill, I never realized that it spent seasons at the 7:30pm spot during its run. With that in mind, I'm less worried about the fate of Bob's Burgers after this season. If Loren isn't fine with having this time slot, I haven't heard anything about it. Mike Judge definitely never liked being relegated to pre-prime time on Sundays.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Y-Hat posted:

How can you hate golden age-era Treehouse of Horror? The fourth one had one of my all-time favorite gags, when they present the Jury of the Damned that included the starting lineup of the 1974-75 (or was it 1975-76?) Philadelphia Flyers.

Speaking of Home Movies, now that Brendon Small isn't doing anything, I hope that he gets a future guest voice on Bob's Burgers so he can be reunited with Loren Bouchard. Make him a big shot movie director shooting in the city, or a heavy metal lead singer who gets chummy with Bob. Or both in two different episodes. I'm fairly certain I've posted this wish in here before, but I really want it to happen.

And speaking of King of the Hill, I never realized that it spent seasons at the 7:30pm spot during its run. With that in mind, I'm less worried about the fate of Bob's Burgers after this season. If Loren isn't fine with having this time slot, I haven't heard anything about it. Mike Judge definitely never liked being relegated to pre-prime time on Sundays.

To be fair, for half the season the lead in to the 7:30 football is NFL football, which is as strong a lead in you can have. For me its great because its the perfect bridge until the night game. The only downside is it getting bumpes from the occasional overtime game.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DrBouvenstein posted:

4) Futurama Holiday Spectacular

I wish I could somehow put that last one lower than 4, though.

Haha wow, I completely forgot that even existed. Didn't it just turn up randomly between seasons? I don't think the show had done anything really bad until that point, but it was such an utter stink fest. I think it's turned me into the negative, scornful person I am today. Seasons greetings.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Do we know if the soundtrack is still coming out Friday?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They don't do clip shows anymore, no one does, unless its packaged as something else. Mostly because shits on tv all the time, and when you buy dvds or have streaming access to shows, why do you need a clip show?

Though clip shows were mostly used to fill in full season order of shows in the past.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Though clip shows were mostly used to fill in full season order of shows in the past.

I'll never hate the first Simpsons' clip show just because of the title: So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show.

Oh, and yay Bob's Burgers. Can't wait for the new season, nothing else on TV is quite like it.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Y-Hat posted:

He's been in a couple episodes already as Animal Control Guy.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ze301IfKtE

Teaser for Sunday.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Oh good it's an actual Robocop parody

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Yup, that's totally Gene's segment.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

As always, I am looking forward to Tina's the most.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I looks like no soundtrack like we were told back in July.

It's never going to happen. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
New thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743913

• Locked thread