Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Some questionable calls that directly took away one run and could have theoretically taken another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I'm so excited for Tigers Bullpen

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Lord Binky posted:

it was probably being a resident of Detroit that did it

ftfy

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

I'm fairly certain that was the joke.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Some questionable calls that directly took away one run and could have theoretically taken another.

One of those calls had the O's 2nd base wrestle-pin the baserunner off the bag before tagging him lmao

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Asema posted:

One of those calls had the O's 2nd base wrestle-pin the baserunner off the bag before tagging him lmao

That was hilarious. I'm glad I got to see that.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

How in the loving mother gently caress was a loving Nelson Cruz home run against the loving Detroit Tigers in the loving playoffs a loving shocker you godawful loving TBS announcers?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

:laffo: Cruz poo poo-talking to Cabrera as he rounded the bases

Owns

sammo
Jan 15, 2014
Tigers are not out of it yet, but it has been such disappointing season for both Tigers and A's when they looked like the best teams on paper after the trade deadline.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

How in the loving mother gently caress was a loving Nelson Cruz home run against the loving Detroit Tigers in the loving playoffs a loving shocker you godawful loving TBS announcers?

Especially when the biggest knock against Price is just how many homers he's given up in this year.

somethingblue
Sep 25, 2005

it's been one long goddamn cold miserable shitass fuckin day every inch of the way

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

sammo posted:

Tigers are not out of it yet, but it has been such disappointing season for both Tigers and A's when they looked like the best teams on paper after the trade deadline.

That's kind of the Tigers' MO though. Have everyone rave about how much talent they have then underperform because the bullpen sucks and everyone in the team seems to have cold streaks at the same time.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

sammo posted:

Tigers are not out of it yet

No I'm pretty sure they are

plasticowlmachine
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

This is the quietest crowd I've ever heard for a playoff game.

As the rest of the nation is learning, it's kind of hard to get excited about this team's prospects.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

A lot of people I know (Tigers fans) are firmly convinced that the Orioles are either the luckiest team or are being handed games by the umps. Is this a thing?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Haha just saw the replay of that Schoop/Kelly "tag."

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

sigh

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

A lot of people I know (Tigers fans) are firmly convinced that the Orioles are either the luckiest team or are being handed games by the umps. Is this a thing?

Haven't heard anything like that, those people are pretty much :tinfoil:

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

That tends to be said when your team is losing a series, yes.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

They are babies, you should make fun of them

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's the same in all sports. If one lucky play or bad call is suddenly the gateway into you winning the game/series then you didn't play well enough during the rest of the game/series to win it.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

If it was a team more odious than the Orioles I would be much more depressed. Right now I'm only regular depressed.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Well...I guess the Orioles are lucky to be playing a team whose bullpen is somehow even worse than it was during the regular season?

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

I grew up in Baltimore and have great memories of seeing games at Memorial Stadium and Camden Yards. Then over a decade of being complete dogshit robbed me of any joy or love, but it's nice to see the team at least make the palyoffs.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Tigers bullpen warming up.

It's ok. Sleep now. Accept the sweet embrace of death.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Oh now they think about putting in Al Al.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

"Like a cargo ship going through the swamp"

Haha who are these jokers

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Necronomicon posted:

Tigers bullpen warming up.

But why? Price is still dealing, has dealt all game. If he's not gassed, there's still plenty of game left.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

How about you loving losers attempt to hit the baseball in this inning. See if that works.

plasticowlmachine
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Necronomicon posted:

"Like a cargo ship going through the swamp"

Haha who are these jokers

You know, from that metaphor that's popular in an alternate universe.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Is it only in my market that TBS keeps showing an ad for a dating site for farmers?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Is it only in my market that TBS keeps showing an ad for a dating site for farmers?

No, lol. Farmersonly dot com commercials have been in the DC market for a while now.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

I guess TBS doesn't think California is farm country.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Never expected Norris to shutout the Tigers.

Anybody that bets on baseball is a damned fool.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"Ausmus goes to Davis when he really needs him"

*weakest pop out to 2nd*

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Davis should be in the hospital with Avila

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the popes toes posted:

Never expected Norris to shutout the Tigers.

Anybody that bets on baseball is a damned fool.
The real reason Pete Rose should never be reinstated

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
*bangs fists on table with fork and knife*

TIGERS BULLPEN TIGERS BULLPEN

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Even David Price looks dead inside now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That A's-Tigers ALCS is gonna be something.

• Locked thread