Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MooselanderII posted:

Looks like Manu Bennet got arrested for assault. http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Actor-in-town-for-Alamo-City-Comic-Con-arrested-6502063.php

He can't even use the mirakuru excuse.

Looks like The Undefeated Gaul got defeated by the legal system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Mirakuru is a hell of a drug.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Guy must have had some big balls to mess with Manu.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

teagone posted:

Is Nicholas Brendon at that convention?

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 14, 2015

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Okay I laughed and then felt bad.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

teagone posted:

Arrested at 5 in the morning at a party, probably drunk as hell.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Party Plane Jones posted:

Arrested at 5 in the morning at a party, probably drunk as hell.

Of course he was. They'd revoke his Australian citizenship if they found out he was out sober at 5 a.m.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Is Nicholas Brendon at that convention?

What's up with that dude? I google his name to try and figure out the joke and he's apparently raging at Dr. Phil.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

pentyne posted:

What's up with that dude? I google his name to try and figure out the joke and he's apparently raging at Dr. Phil.

He has a huge substance abuse problem and keeps on getting into trouble at conventions.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hey Manu, I heard the All Blacks are suck rear end!

Everything after that is predictable.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Bad Moon posted:

Yeah I don't wanna be the guy running around yelling "All Blacks suck rear end"

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

boom boom boom posted:

I am totally fine with super powered villains. Makes Arrow seem even cooler when he can fight them without powers

Arrow had to move into the super powered villain territory this season. Last season, Ollie was trained by, and eventually beat R'as. A big bad without powers is no longer a threat.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Also Ollie is now finally THE Green Arrow, not the vigilante or the hood or The Arrow, so it makes sense that the villains take a similar bump in power level.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bad Moon posted:

#notAllBlacks

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

YorexTheMad posted:

Yeah I don't wanna be the guy running around yelling "All Blacks suck rear end"

Well it was in Texas.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Mystery Solved?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/warner-bros-developing-booster-goldblue-beetle-film

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

All I got from that article is that the CW is making a live-action Archie show. It's official isn't it? We have no more ideas left and TV executives are nothing better than dice rolling robots from Futurama.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

All I got from that article is that the CW is making a live-action Archie show. It's official isn't it? We have no more ideas left and TV executives are nothing better than dice rolling robots from Futurama.

It depends, are we getting regular Archie or crazy Predator fighting, zombie battling Archie?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Phylodox posted:

It depends, are we getting regular Archie or crazy Predator fighting, zombie battling Archie?

I've heard its going to have strange elements because of the success of 'Afterlife with Archie'. Probably no predator / punisher action though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phylodox posted:

My name is Archie Andrews, once I was an ordinary high school boy. I studied hard, I chased girls, I had it all. But then aliens invaded Riverdale. In order to fight them off and save my city I had to become something else. I had to become someone else.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

The helmet does look a little bit better with the opaque lens over it in the trailer

Judge Dig?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

MrFlibble posted:

I've heard its going to have strange elements because of the success of 'Afterlife with Archie'. Probably no predator / punisher action though.

I have to say that Archie Predator was utterly fantastic in ways that few crossovers are. It even worked in a Punisher cameo!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

The Question IRL posted:

I have to say that Archie Predator was utterly fantastic in ways that few crossovers are. It even worked in a Punisher cameo!

It has the single most hosed up ending I've ever seen in comic books

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

sbaldrick posted:

It has the single most hosed up ending I've ever seen in comic books

Oh?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MrFlibble posted:

Afterlife with Archie is pretty amazing, but I have no idea what they might adapt from it besides the heavier and darker tones and I have low expectations on how it'll turn out.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xelkelvos posted:

Afterlife with Archie is pretty amazing, but I have no idea what they might adapt from it besides the heavier and darker tones and I have low expectations on how it'll turn out.

Archie vs. iZombie?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Is the stupid half Magneto helmet Diggle's attempt to be Jughead?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phylodox posted:

Archie vs. iZombie?

If Riverdale ends up being like Buffy, I could see that. I've never seen iZombie though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xelkelvos posted:

If Riverdale ends up being like Buffy, I could see that. I've never seen iZombie though.

I haven't, either. I hear that it's good. I'll probably watch it when it hits Netflix.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
iZombie is very good. It has an extremely strong first season, but it helped that it was only 13 tightly-written episodes rather than stretched out to 22.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'd check it out if Hulu would put up the whole season. For some shows they keep all the episodes up, but for other shows they do the last 5 thing, and that doesn't seem to me to be good way to pull in new viewers.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
If you liked Veronica Mars, you'll probably like iZombie. Sad that a good show like that had to get stuck with that title when it doesn't even share a single character in common with the comic it's based on.

The Riverdale series, according to showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, is going to be less like Buffy or Afterlife With Archie and more like Twin Peaks, with hidden darkness brewing at the fringes of small-town America.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
I've never watched iZombie but I assume it's just a horror version of iCarly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Basically. Just replace the podcast with brain eating.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Betty and Veronica genetically change the Predator into Archie, and plan on training the Predator to be Archie.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Black Driver regarding the new mask

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I love that the actor himself had to use the phrase "magneto helmet"

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
We'll all change our minds once we see the helmet's abilities, like blocking Charles' telepathy.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Whizbang posted:

We'll all change our minds once we see the helmet's abilities, like blocking Charles' telepathy.

It can disguise itself as a bike helmet, a fedora and a chauffeur cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
It's probably got a HUD or some interface to connect with Felicity's computer system so that he can do some of his back-office work while in the field

• Locked thread