Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I love being VT. I also really want to be 3P more. I just love the not worrying about letting your team down if you are terrible and just being able to say and do whatever you want.

Power role town (in a mostly vanilla game) and scum are so much more stressful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

yeah tbh when I get a pm that says something other than vt I roll my eyes and prep for the long haul

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Anyway, Good work commonwealth girls, you sure brought the town to its knees under the banner of The Queen. (your kill all guys strat was terrible though since you killed more girls than you did guys)

I guess I should quit mafia now so people think I'm good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yay! Go scum! :D I love that PMush still didn't realise what had happened even after our scumrush. Thanks to Punt for wanting to replace out and thanks to FV for telling me I should join. I only came in so I could be part of that scum team and I had a whole lot of fun.

MMM, why did you suddenly go cold on us on D3?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
thanks for the game magnus! i think i shouldnt play mafia anymore

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

uranus posted:

I think the the problem is that you weren't playing mafia in this game.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
well that sucked

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Magnus Gallant posted:

I would nominate MMM as best town, seeing as he for a large portion of the game was all over the scum team, and posted a lot. And generally put in effort. Yuming played well and was also on the scum team.
I'm not on the scum team HA HA :sparkles:

This was a fun game and I wish it were more active (myself included).

However, this is a p good representation of my typical game experience in that I try to make cases about what I ~feel~ and I cannot for the life of me turn votes based on them.

yuming posted:

##vote fiery_valkyrie

Her posting rubs me the wrong way.

Specifically, the lack of regard for actual content ~feels~ off. A town perspective would be curious/want to vet posts for scumminess.

Not reading and being content with HA jokes is more scummy than town.

yuming posted:

Asiina's recent posts are divergent in such a way that I find scummy.

It reads like she is (1) trying to leave her options open at the end of the day (2) trying to get her post count high enough. ##vote Asiina

Also, it doesn't ~feel~ like she's town looking for scums.
Any advice on changes in my writing/style/etc I could make to have given my opinions more BANG~

gg all.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If it helps I believed you about both people. Also tithin.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Well like this is a consistent thing for me I try to explain what I mean and I just can't turn votes for it. Whyyyy

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think the issue with a lot of gut reads is that people (not just yuming) don't give a context for why they think that. PMush did it this game too, which is why I kept asking for specific posts that made her feel that way. You're not giving me any reason to also believe the same thing you do.

If you're trying to convince someone to feel how you feel I think you need to be more concrete and guide them through what made you come to those conclusions.

Organizing and commenting on someone's post history I think is particularly effective.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HiipFire posted:

well that sucked

Maybe try actually playing next time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Not really. I wanted to try and care about this game, but I'm having a really hard time working up the :effort:.

HiipFire posted:

well that sucked

uranus posted:

For the sake of being constructive:

Only play Mafia because you want to! I hit a point where I didn't and a break did me wonders. Even now I only go for small games, and one at a time - anything more than that and it starts to feel like a chore more than a game.

• Locked thread