Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think I need to get a few more in just to be safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
wow how do i have the third highest post count. ive posted like twice in the past 5 pages. what is wrong with you all

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:stare: What just happened?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
AWW YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS IM NOT GONE YET

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

uranus posted:

wow how do i have the third highest post count. ive posted like twice in the past 5 pages. what is wrong with you all

Sorry. I guess we can't all post a bunch of irrelevant noise.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
if you cant even do that then you shouldn't be playing mafia

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

uranus posted:

if you cant even do that then you shouldn't be playing mafia
This, but ironically.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I still think it's Asiina.

It's a long weekend woooo I should be around Thursday to ~post analysis~

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

yuming posted:

I still think it's Asiina.

It's a long weekend woooo I should be around Thursday to ~post analysis~

Jealous.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Yuming, Jacques Renault, vanilla town has been killed in the night.

It is now D3!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (8): Asiina, fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, MildManeredManikin, Murmur Twin, Poison Mushroom, Rarity, uranus

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to David lynch. The current deadline is October 17th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 14 hours.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, poo poo. Guess I can't read yuming after all.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I would like to lynch Hiipfire tonight!

Two reasons: first off, he's not helping town at all, but it seems clear that he isn't going to be modkilled for inactivity. Second is his interactions with MMM (who I also think is scum):

HiipFire posted:

I cant wait to get modkilled

HiipFire posted:

so since im inevitably getting modkilled
someone recommend me a person to vote for

im leaning towards MMM but hey im stupid so maybe

HiipFire posted:

I'm just gonna vote now, because I would probably forget to do so tomorrow
##vote MMM

First off, that vote on MMM seems super fishy to me since there's no reasoning behind it. There were people making cases on him but they were a lot of :words: and if Hiipfire actually is as low-effort as he's trying to come across, I don't feel like he would have read them. My thought is that he wanted to place a vote to give the impression of effort, and voting for anyone else would have made them question him.

Also, he twice posts that he's aware of the fact that he's going to get modkilled, but doesn't make any move to contribute more to scumhunting. If he didn't want to play he could easily stop posting, but instead he's making just enough noise to stick around. Why do call attention to inevitably getting modkilled?

MildManeredManikin posted:

It's essentially the same as no lynching though.

also hiipfire is def being modkilled.

So his scumbuddy could use it to keep the heat off of him!

Also of note:

So we all know that yuming, MT and PMush are town. I don't think I mentioned that hiipfire is town but yeah. I trust yuming's read of tit as well.

Hiipfire's reaction to the possibility of being modkilled was like ":shrug: There are always more games!" when Hurt threatened modkills in Fanfic Mafia, I was on the scum team and we but immense pressure on the scum who were at risk of being killed to put the effort in. They did it because they didn't want to let down strangers on the internet and stuff.

It seems disingenuous to me for MMM to ignore all the lurking, the lack of casing, and the random vote on him to declare Hiipfire "definitely town" because of the way another game went down.

My original thought when I started this post was that lynching Hiipfire would give good information about MMM, but I realize now that if there are three scum we're in LYLO (right?) so we should probably not do anything too too hastily.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, poo poo. Guess I can't read yuming after all.

Can't win 'em all! Who do you think is scum now now that we lost Eight / Tithin / Yuming?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Is nobody going to talk about the post where PMush is like yeah if we modkilled hiipfire and mt the game definitely be over.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Look I'm talking about it now:

:foxnews: some people say PMush is scum

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I am the people.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

On day 3 Murmur Twin will have a really good read so let's ignore her until then.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Is nobody going to talk about the post where PMush is like yeah if we modkilled hiipfire and mt the game definitely be over.

because modkilling 3 people when there were 9 people remaining totally doesnt gently caress everything up

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
it implies she knows none of them are scum. cause if some of them were scum then it might actually even out the game and make it winable for this horrible town

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey shut up this town is loving amazing

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

You sound like you have that under control! :). What're your thoughts on hiipfire and FV?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
ffs

Go town :ghost:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yes that is exactly what I meant by that statement. Not at all that modkilling four people at once would be loving insane and kind of ruin the whole drat thing.

Truly, you are a scholar and the king of discovering scum slips.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Thank you

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
And the award for best scum detector goes to.....

.. . .'

. ..

Manikin Man!!!!!

*crowd roars, manikin struts to the stage and grabs the mic from the announcer mid sentence*

"Thankyou thank you all! I really deserve this, its been a lot of hard work. You have no idea how much time and effort goes into reading all the posts on this here forum, looking for inconsistencies and scum motives. It's not easy i tell you! And I'd also like to thank lowtax for making this all possible, and also pmush for without whos scumslip my greatness would perhaps never have been noticed. Now, i have something to say about obama and his drat-"

*music begins playing, manikin is ushered off the stage by several burley men in tight suits while shaking his fist and shouting at the crowd*

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote uranus

Still feeling this.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote uranus

Still feeling this.

Sell me on this. Why Uranus instead of Hiipfire?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote PMush

Pretty scummy posturing around deadline yesterday.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

On day 3 Murmur Twin will have a really good read so let's ignore her until then.

Magnus Gallant posted:

It is now D3!

Murmur Twin posted:

What're your thoughts on hiipfire and FV?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I feel like Eight Dollars said it better than me:

Eight Dollars posted:

Okay you dry tumbleweeds. Let's play a game. The game is called "Who's Scum." Here's how you play. In your next post say who you think is scum and put a vote down. You can argue with another person's thing, but you also have to say who you think is scum.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey guys why does the thread keep getting bumped without a new post popping up

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Sell me on this. Why Uranus instead of Hiipfire?
HiipFire hasn't been around for a lot of the discussion. Pop in, pop out, say maybe a thing. That could be lurker scum, or just someone who's busy or not interested in the game.

The quantity and size of uranus' posts point a lot more towards an attention to the game, at least in short bursts. Why not use some of that energy to scumhunt?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
At this point the only people I really feel confident about being town are MT and FV. Asiina has been very quiet this whole game. I know she's been super busy with Awful Genius though so I'm not sure how to read it. I'm going a bit colder on MMM because of how he ended D2 and the fact I've not been killed. He's still on my radar but not so much. I find it very suspicious that HiipFire hasn't been modkilled and I'm trying to work out if Magnus would be reluctant to modkill scum or not. PMush is my top scum pick right now, she's put in an easy vote on derp that seems to be based on his general playstyle rather than anything he's specifically done this game. I think it's designed to look like contributing without getting in trouble for an aggressive push. Also, her reaction to yuming's death reads super fake.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well played

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i am hunting scum at night. give me a break, its tiring work staying up all night while you lazy bums snooze

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel like Eight Dollars said it better than me:

I think I've been pretty clear this day so far. You want me to read hiipfire and FV?

Town and uh, probably town. Less sure about FV.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay wow.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote MMM

I think I'll use a different gimmick/meta next game. This one is fun but not really working out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

PMush tell me more

• Locked thread