Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

MildManeredManikin posted:

PMush tell me more
My gimmick/meta this game is :effort:. Normally I burn myself out by trying too hard to too little effect. So now I'm trying, as I said, just coasting the whole game.

You have no such excuse for such a lazy read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Idk why you say I have no excuse for a lazy read when you just said you were playing really lazily

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote MMM

I think I'll use a different gimmick/meta next game. This one is fun but not really working out.

I don't understand this vote at all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I don't understand this vote at all.
I just explained it. MMM's reads were really lazy.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm not going to claim to be the best player in the game but I mean really, I think it's safe to say I've put substantial effort into this.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Please explain how, because you have not done so yet.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
One thing I've noticed that stood out to me:

PMush analyzes Yumings posts and compares them against how she posts in other games:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Town yuming is one of the best mafia players on SA, and has a very particular tone with her posts. Scum yuming, once you can recognize town yuming, can be seen from a mile away.

Sure, why not. What about yuming? This doesn't seem like her town posting to me, but it's been a long time since I was in a game with her, and even longer since I was in one where she actually had the time and energy to post, so my gut feelings on her might be based on outdated information.

PMush analyzes Eight's posts and compares them against how he posts in other games:

Poison Mushroom posted:

These posts by themselves paint a picture of an $8 who is frustrated by the :effort:, and that could be pretty towny. The only game I played with $8 as scum in, he lurked extra hard, so I don't really have a metric for what he's normally like as scum.

This bugs me, though. It, along with his change in tone, implies that his frustration is faked. Why would he want to fake something like that?

The more I think about it, the more I'm seeing this giant postcount as kind of uncharacteristic of what I know of $8. It seems like he's trying to be seen as making content, but hasn't actually put forth much more effort than the rest of us.

But then votes for Uranus for no good reason other than his posting style, ignoring that it's the same as it usually is in other games:

Poison Mushroom posted:

The quantity and size of uranus' posts point a lot more towards an attention to the game, at least in short bursts. Why not use some of that energy to scumhunt?

To PMush - I mentioned earlier about how you jumped around from vote to vote without super great reasons. You said that it was basically a new meta where you were trying to be low-effort, which I can at least consider. So since you mentioned shedding that meta - can we get like a high-effort case on the person you think is scummiest?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

uranus posted:

during the night... i....

was roleblocked!!!!

This was one of those lies designed to get people talking, right?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

To PMush - I mentioned earlier about how you jumped around from vote to vote without super great reasons. You said that it was basically a new meta where you were trying to be low-effort, which I can at least consider. So since you mentioned shedding that meta - can we get like a high-effort case on the person you think is scummiest?
Sure, what the hell. It's not working anyways, might as well revert to my normal crap.

In the morning, though, I was up at 4 for work today, so I'm kinda dead from the neck up right now.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Thoughts on Asiina's likeliness to be scum?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I just realized I don't have to pretend to be town since we're probably in lylo.

I'm a survivor. I can win with town or scum. All my reads were genuine stuff and I was trying to work with town but at this rate I think it would be easier ##vote MT and win with scum.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
##vote pmush

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I just realized I don't have to pretend to be town since we're probably in lylo.

We're in MYLO unless something very weird is happening.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:doh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hmm.

Not sure what to make of this.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Are you scum rarity? We can just force a no lynch and then kill a town tomorrow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Are you scum rarity? We can just force a no lynch and then kill a town tomorrow.

No, and what I'm unsure about is the fact your claim that means we cannot lynch you even though you're now openly anti-town.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dammit we can't even no lynch now either.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

At least it narrows things down :shrug:

I'll vote with town if scum don't want to work with me, really all I care about is this game ending with me alive.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If you lynch me, we lose. I'm VT, and my gut is still on Uranus. We have a day and a bit before we have to lynch, and we're in MyLo, so Uranus making another commentless vote.

##unvote

Right now, I'm feeling Uranus or HiipFire, maybe Murmur. I have Survivor tonight, but I still owe some effort posts on who I think is scummy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm in a rush today and might not effortpost until tomorrow, but..

I feel solid about Rarity and F_V as town. Everything else is subject to a reread when I have more time. Please more people talk because this is the fun part of Mafia!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm real sorry about my absence this game. Especially since we seem to be in LYLO. It's Genius finale tonight (everyone come watch!) so hopefully I'll have time afterwards.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##vote MMM

I'm not 100% confident with this but survivor would make for a great aggressive scum fakeclaim here. There's still a little bit of niggling doubt in the back of my head but that might just be the normal endgame doubt, I don't have enough experience to tell the difference.

Asiina, you have over an hour till the Genius finale. What are you thinking?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

jesus christ rarity

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well I've got a dinner date to attend so I'm out for a bit.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

##vote MMM

I'm not 100% confident with this but survivor would make for a great aggressive scum fakeclaim here. There's still a little bit of niggling doubt in the back of my head but that might just be the normal endgame doubt, I don't have enough experience to tell the difference.

Yeah maybe I wanted to actually be away from the computer for an hour before I'm sitting here for the next 4 hours.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
im not sure how most mods do it, but it seems that lots of the time if survivor+scum = majority, then the game just ends with no need for the survivor to claim. kinda unsure on this though.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

##vote MMM

So you're voting MMM because you think he's fake claiming survivor? Up until this point did you think he was scum? Because if not, this seems pretty stupid to me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm pretty ambiguous on MMM right now. Could be a real survivor. Could be scum fakeclaiming. Could be a failed Fitty Gambit.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure what to make of MMM's claim. He's done really good scum hunting and made quite a bit of effort. He started a deadline turbo which usually reads scummy to me, but tithin turned up town, so why go through the effort to save him? I was pretty confident he was town before his claim. Maybe he really is a survivor and fine winning with scum. The issue is that we really can't do anything about it if he's telling the truth.

I more want to talk about PMush, fv, and derp. PMush has been sitting at 2 votes for a long time. Surely scum would have rushed in to hammer if all the people involved are town, so there must be scum among those three.

Of them, I think it's PMush.

She's been incredibly inconsistent all game on her opinions of people.

She can never make her mind up about yuming:

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote yuming

A shame you rolled scum again, yuming. Better luck next time! :sun:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Town yuming is one of the best mafia players on SA, and has a very particular tone with her posts. Scum yuming, once you can recognize town yuming, can be seen from a mile away.

Strong gut read.

Poison Mushroom posted:

This is starting to feel like the yuming I know.

Goes back on it.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Sure, why not. What about yuming? This doesn't seem like her town posting to me, but it's been a long time since I was in a game with her, and even longer since I was in one where she actually had the time and energy to post, so my gut feelings on her might be based on outdated information.

Poison Mushroom posted:

To put it another way, the yuming I know is always confident in her gutreads, almost to a fault. That she isn't acting that way this game is what put me on edge.

Back to a scum read, but hedging.

She hedges about tithin:

Poison Mushroom posted:

I can't tell if tithin is just like this, or if this is really a scum meltdown, but it's super entertaining, all the same.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Correction: Would definitely vote tithin.

Tithin is definitely scum!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think I'd also vote Tithin, but more in a "better than a no-lynch or a MMM lynch" way.

Where'd that confidence go?

Poison Mushroom posted:

That entire post was, boiled down, a whole lot of words for "these two voted me and I don't like it, and yes I realize that saying this sounds scummy". That's like three strikes of scummy posting at once.

1. Making big posts that seem to say a lot but really don't.
2. Calling someone scum because they called you scum.
3. Being very focused on others' perceptions of your posts and if they think you're scummy.

I've been guilty of all of these things at one time or another, so maybe I'm just being too hard on the new(ish) guy, but all together, along with the rest of his content-free posting, it looks pretty bad.

Oh there it is!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, I'm here, but looks like we're not lynching.

:shrug:

And then she never votes him.

And once again with MMM:

She does a lot of chitchat with MMM asking him for reads.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hey, MMM.

What do you think of Eight right now?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Sure, why not. What about yuming?

Then comes out with a very strong town read

Poison Mushroom posted:

For whatever it's worth, I'm feeling pretty town on MMM and wouldn't vote him even to avoid a no lynch today.

Then follows it up with this (which may be a joke, I can't tell)

Poison Mushroom posted:

MMM, are you still under post count? Your posting is coming across as rather hyper active.

And the next time she talks about MMM it's to vote for him

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote MMM

I think I'll use a different gimmick/meta next game. This one is fun but not really working out.

Poison Mushroom posted:

My gimmick/meta this game is :effort:. Normally I burn myself out by trying too hard to too little effect. So now I'm trying, as I said, just coasting the whole game.

You have no such excuse for such a lazy read.

Poison Mushroom posted:

That's quite a shift from "absolutely definitely town" to "you are giving lazy reads and are a scum". All of these feel like she wants to look like she's making strong reads but then is distancing herself from them for when they flip.

The only other people she's pushed for are the lurker Hiipfire (which she goes back on), derp for contentless posting which is a lazy case when we're talking about mr. anus, and 8bux for reasons I still don't understand when even through his gimmick 8bux was producing content and attempting to get others to produce content.

I'm quite confident that PMush is a scum.

Absolutely would vote.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina what do you feel about rarity putting a vote on a survivor at mylo?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also your case on pmush is pretty good, but I think I'll ##unvote for the day.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Gut right now believes MMM's survivor claim. Or rather, I feel like it makes sense to play as though he is Survivor and just go after the other people who could also be scum. Either way I appreciate the "Eight Dollars Alliance" breadcrumb!

Poison Mushroom posted:

If you lynch me, we lose. I'm VT, and my gut is still on Uranus. We have a day and a bit before we have to lynch, and we're in MyLo, so Uranus making another commentless vote.

##unvote

Right now, I'm feeling Uranus or HiipFire, maybe Murmur. I have Survivor tonight, but I still owe some effort posts on who I think is scummy.

Looking forward to these cases! I feel pretty strongly about Hiipfire over Uranus if we're going to go after a lurker scum. ##vote hiipfire Thoughts?

At least it narrows things down :shrug:

I'll vote with town if scum don't want to work with me, really all I care about is this game ending with me alive.

I can personally commit to never trying to lynch you if we manage to lynch a scum tonight! I'd be surprised if scum works with you, given that there's always a chance you're town or that you just decide to win with us once they out themselves. I would be fine with three people admitting they're scum right now :)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I mean I would sort of prefer this game over quickly rather than drawing it out but whatever, we can play this way.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey MT what makes you think of FV and rarity as town? It's like a funky inverse of my reads in the game earlier and that doesn't make them wrong, but I am curious why.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

If MMM is lying about being Survivor - I think the scumteam is MMM, PMush, Hiipfire.

- MMM was vocal that Hiipfire would be modkilled and used this to sway people no to lynch him
- PMush is going after Derp for low content while not casing Hiipfire
- MMM and PMush kept using meta-based cases early in the game, which might imply they were scumchatting

The way to test this would be for the other 5 (me/Uranus/FV/Rarity/Asiina) to agree on someone and try to lynch them. If there aren't 3 scum + 1 survivor, it would make itself known.

I'm going to sleep - thoughts on this?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hey MT what makes you think of FV and rarity as town? It's like a funky inverse of my reads in the game earlier and that doesn't make them wrong, but I am curious why.

I really need to sleep (2:11am here, have to wake up for work in < 5 hours) but I will give a good answer tomorrow.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok have a nice sleep but also that plan doesn't make sense at all.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

like what if the entire scumteam is contained within "the other five"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So you're voting MMM because you think he's fake claiming survivor? Up until this point did you think he was scum? Because if not, this seems pretty stupid to me.

I was very suspicious of him on D2, less so today until that claim. That said:

Murmur Twin posted:

Either way I appreciate the "Eight Dollars Alliance" breadcrumb!

This is a really good point that I'd missed. I'm convinced he's legit now ##unvote

• Locked thread