Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is this a real game?

I'm confused, so that's probably a good sign that it's Twin Peaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I wanna be the log lady.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0_eTYwKoBE

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have never been more serious in my life about my complete and total confusion over twin peaks.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Well played all.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
sdneirf olleh

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

tithin posted:

Howdy Neighbours

Spelled neighbour correctly.

Confirmed town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You're all just jealous of my quality fanfiction.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is your alliance called the scum team?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi 8bux, how are you?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

Town yuming is one of the best mafia players on SA, and has a very particular tone with her posts. Scum yuming, once you can recognize town yuming, can be seen from a mile away.

This is not a reason.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm back and in a bad mood.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

I think my vote is quite nice you should consider it.

Hal not posting/voting is eh whatever. Asiina hasn't voted that is weird.

How is that weird? I've been busy. Sometimes people are busy.

The last two days have been a nightmare. It's 9pm and I have probably another 5 hours of work ahead of me that absolutely cannot wait until tomorrow. I have a headache and I'm pissed off about various nonsense.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I really don't know, my life has been crazy so I've barely been skimming this game and I can devote very little time to this tonight. I will read the vote leaders though.

Hal is lurking, but that's not unusual and basically a null tell for Hal.

PMom I get a good feeling about. He's putting down reads which is nice. I believe it's real effort.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Town yuming is one of the best mafia players on SA, and has a very particular tone with her posts. Scum yuming, once you can recognize town yuming, can be seen from a mile away.

I didn't like this post since it's implying that yuming's posts are scummy without actually saying anything about her particular posts. She doesn't even quote a post that she is getting this ~feeling~ off of.

##vote PMush

I'll try to be around more at deadline, but honestly I have to get back to work.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am having a slightly better day today. Although really it's still well into the overworked and hella tired spectrum.

8bux, you didn't like the AHS premiere? I thought it was great.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Eight Dollars posted:

My parties are much cooler than that Rarity. Sometimes a dude brings out his acoustic guitar and then you know the thing is blowing up.

Actual true story, I lived with a guy who decided he was going to be in charge of the party mix at one of our things and it turned out he made a mix that was just the below song over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9WayN7R-s

That sounds like a rockin' party.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Eight Dollars posted:

I have an allergic reaction to most all of Ryan Murphy's stuff so that's colored my perception a good bit so take everything I will say about AHS with a grain of salt. Jessica Lange can chew scenery like a boss though/Kathy Bates' accent is terrible.

Hope things get better Asiina :3:

Also yeah, I am cautious before I hitch my wagon to it, since Coven was such a disaster. I really did enjoy Murderhouse and Asylum though so maybe they'll stick to a consistent plot this time?

Also Kathy Bates' accent drove me crazy trying to place it during the show, and then I figured it out afterwards. It's a Baltimore accent and I know it from John Travolta's performance in Hairspray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK501nU5C70

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Eight Dollars posted:

It was the same party where at least 10 people brought vodka-infused whipped cream so I made booze milkshakes.

One time my friends and I tried to make a boozermelon, but we oversaturated it and it basically became vodka in solid form. It was so gross, but my friend ate so much of it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
All of my neighbours have dogs and they all just got into a barking contest through the doors of the apartments.

Dogs are stupid.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know when the day is starting up, but it's thanksgiving weekend, so FYI I will probably not be around for the vast majority of Sunday.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I missed it because busy, but that Tithin exchange at the end of the day was terrible as hell. He votes with an OMGUS and when called out on it by 8bux he dismisses his argument (calls it a gut read????) and tries to redirect it back onto 8bux. The bad vote and the aggressive defense read very scummy to me. Would vote.

PMush I also still think her content has been fishy. I still don't like that post about yuming. I'm suspicious and want to see more content from her.

Feeling pretty good about 8bux and yuming.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
PMush can you refer to any specifics that are making you think bad thoughts about yuming?

MMM, I'm having a hard time understanding your point against fv. Can you also point to any examples in this game.

Tithin hasn't posted anything that's changed my opinion since this morning. ##vote Tithin

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

tithin posted:

~Asiina doesn't understand that people have flaws, news at 11~

So once again you're going to misrepresent and dismiss the case against you and make it personal? I wonder what will be your excuse tomorrow. :allears:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

well the problem with that is that that would require to actually not pass out and miss most of the gameday

You're here right now! Post, post, post!

I'm here to say that it's Thanksgiving so unfortunately no posting from me today, but deadline isn't until tomorrow night so I will be back tomorrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright I am here and refuse to be modkilled for inactivity.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
8bux I hope you are alright.

Also MMM are you going to post your case?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
MMM actually has the highest postcount by a wide margin. I still don't know what he's saying though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You realise you did #2 yourself right? He said he thought you were scum so you upgraded your opinion from "might" vote tithin to "definitely" vote tithin.

This is pretty ridiculous. I agree with PMush that tithin said a really scummy thing by admitting he only voted at all because of OMGUS. Just because it was against her doesn't mean that her statement was also OMGUS.

You are totally mischaracterizing what happened.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

MMM is making efforts and I appreciate it. The method and quantity of effort reads town enough for me to ##unvote

I am suspicious of Rarity still, but don't know that I fully buy into MMM's case.

yuming posted:

Let's not get into some long this is how so and so usually posts let's reference this old game blah blah blah.

Because that is a good way to make a lot of words that are easy for scum to participate in.

These two posts seem contradictory, since MMM has been making a lot of meta cases.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

idk I have a soft spot for new players :sun: tithin's perspective seemed sincere.

With her latest post on wrt me I think I have pinpointed what I dislike about Asiina's posting.

Day is wrapping up, MMM was the voteleader--

This is not a solid stance and leaves room for either a vote or a defense of MMM.

Asiina's perspective in that she is tossing out lines but not making solid calls.

The point she's making about my posts contradicting is a nitpick and it reads to me like she is making up things to contribute to the game.

To clarify my POV: MMM's amount of effort reads town on tone. But I don't want him to lead discussion to something that will not produce further useful reads.

Thank you for clarifying. I have made solid calls. I've made a scum call on tithin (who I'm voting for) and town calls on you and 8bux.

As for MMM, when I made that post he was being incredibly unclear and basically using meta to make gut reads. He had posted a whole lot of words about fv that basically amounted to this:

MildManeredManikin posted:

Alright let me say this properly.

I'm not saying that you post like that only as scum. I'm saying that the style of posting you have can be used with a town or scum perspective and I think in this game you are using it in a scum way.

This is the clearest post he makes against fv, and it's still nothing definite about her posts in this game.

He then made a whole bunch of cryptic posts about Rarity's posts and getting ready for his "big case" and I hadn't been back to the thread since then until just now.

I've read his case on Rarity and I think that it's finally good effort about posts that are in this game. I like the effort and feel that MMM is town.

That said, I still feel that tithin has been a whole lot scummier than Rarity so I'm keeping my vote there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Also I'm trying to hit the deadline so if someone can accuse me of being scum or an idiot or something while I take notes on cases I'd appreciate it!

You smell like poop and I hate you for having an AHM avatar.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm real sorry about my absence this game. Especially since we seem to be in LYLO. It's Genius finale tonight (everyone come watch!) so hopefully I'll have time afterwards.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

##vote MMM

I'm not 100% confident with this but survivor would make for a great aggressive scum fakeclaim here. There's still a little bit of niggling doubt in the back of my head but that might just be the normal endgame doubt, I don't have enough experience to tell the difference.

Asiina, you have over an hour till the Genius finale. What are you thinking?

Yeah maybe I wanted to actually be away from the computer for an hour before I'm sitting here for the next 4 hours.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure what to make of MMM's claim. He's done really good scum hunting and made quite a bit of effort. He started a deadline turbo which usually reads scummy to me, but tithin turned up town, so why go through the effort to save him? I was pretty confident he was town before his claim. Maybe he really is a survivor and fine winning with scum. The issue is that we really can't do anything about it if he's telling the truth.

I more want to talk about PMush, fv, and derp. PMush has been sitting at 2 votes for a long time. Surely scum would have rushed in to hammer if all the people involved are town, so there must be scum among those three.

Of them, I think it's PMush.

She's been incredibly inconsistent all game on her opinions of people.

She can never make her mind up about yuming:

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote yuming

A shame you rolled scum again, yuming. Better luck next time! :sun:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Strong gut read.

Poison Mushroom posted:

This is starting to feel like the yuming I know.

Goes back on it.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Sure, why not. What about yuming? This doesn't seem like her town posting to me, but it's been a long time since I was in a game with her, and even longer since I was in one where she actually had the time and energy to post, so my gut feelings on her might be based on outdated information.

Poison Mushroom posted:

To put it another way, the yuming I know is always confident in her gutreads, almost to a fault. That she isn't acting that way this game is what put me on edge.

Back to a scum read, but hedging.

She hedges about tithin:

Poison Mushroom posted:

I can't tell if tithin is just like this, or if this is really a scum meltdown, but it's super entertaining, all the same.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Correction: Would definitely vote tithin.

Tithin is definitely scum!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think I'd also vote Tithin, but more in a "better than a no-lynch or a MMM lynch" way.

Where'd that confidence go?

Poison Mushroom posted:

That entire post was, boiled down, a whole lot of words for "these two voted me and I don't like it, and yes I realize that saying this sounds scummy". That's like three strikes of scummy posting at once.

1. Making big posts that seem to say a lot but really don't.
2. Calling someone scum because they called you scum.
3. Being very focused on others' perceptions of your posts and if they think you're scummy.

I've been guilty of all of these things at one time or another, so maybe I'm just being too hard on the new(ish) guy, but all together, along with the rest of his content-free posting, it looks pretty bad.

Oh there it is!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, I'm here, but looks like we're not lynching.

:shrug:

And then she never votes him.

And once again with MMM:

She does a lot of chitchat with MMM asking him for reads.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hey, MMM.

What do you think of Eight right now?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Sure, why not. What about yuming?

Then comes out with a very strong town read

Poison Mushroom posted:

For whatever it's worth, I'm feeling pretty town on MMM and wouldn't vote him even to avoid a no lynch today.

Then follows it up with this (which may be a joke, I can't tell)

Poison Mushroom posted:

MMM, are you still under post count? Your posting is coming across as rather hyper active.

And the next time she talks about MMM it's to vote for him

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote MMM

I think I'll use a different gimmick/meta next game. This one is fun but not really working out.

Poison Mushroom posted:

My gimmick/meta this game is :effort:. Normally I burn myself out by trying too hard to too little effect. So now I'm trying, as I said, just coasting the whole game.

You have no such excuse for such a lazy read.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just explained it. MMM's reads were really lazy.

That's quite a shift from "absolutely definitely town" to "you are giving lazy reads and are a scum". All of these feel like she wants to look like she's making strong reads but then is distancing herself from them for when they flip.

The only other people she's pushed for are the lurker Hiipfire (which she goes back on), derp for contentless posting which is a lazy case when we're talking about mr. anus, and 8bux for reasons I still don't understand when even through his gimmick 8bux was producing content and attempting to get others to produce content.

I'm quite confident that PMush is a scum.

Absolutely would vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

I am writing an effortpost to respond to MMM but in the meantime can people give me their opinion on lynching Hiipfire and why or why not?

I'm convinced PMush is scum, and could buy Hiipfire as a scumbuddy she was distancing from. If I had to give a third scum, I'd say Rarity. I think MMT and fv are town. I also missed the survivor breadcrumb, but I believe MMM now. Still fairly null on derp, but I honestly always have a hard time reading him.

The reason I'd much rather vote PMush over Hiipfire is that we have to get this right and she is my strongest read by a wide margin.

Alright I'm at a conference all day. I'll try to pop in before genius tonight. Assume my vote is for PMush.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm here right now, but about to take a nap before genius because frankly I am dead tired.

I'm not sure I have much else to say. I am very wary of voting anyone but PMush at this point because I don't feel as strongly for anyone else.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm also only going to be here for maybe 30 more minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote hiipfire

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess?

I'm confused.

Adbot