Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Twin Peaks. A TV show about a woman who goes missing.
Gone Girl. A movie about a woman who goes missing.

Clearly derp is hinting that men are the scum.

Sisterhood! Girl Power! Womyn we must stick together in this game. David Lynch all men.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

people being friendly in mafia games is suspicious

Hi PMom, you're awesome. Let's be friends.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

How has this game turned into fan fiction mafia??

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Note I did not read derp's posts. Is there any weird sex stuff?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

And vaguely tasteful?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

yuming posted:

##vote fiery_valkyrie

Her posting rubs me the wrong way.

Specifically, the lack of regard for actual content ~feels~ off. A town perspective would be curious/want to vet posts for scumminess.

Not reading and being content with HA jokes is more scummy than town.

Why me specifically? How am I more scummy than derp, for example, who is filling the thread with white noise.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

MildManeredManikin posted:

Did any of you people claiming VT go to mafia school?

Puntification posted:

At most two people have claimed VT and that's taking p-mush's post at face-value and inferring a claim from it. You're making mountains out of molehills.

This stands out as weird to me on a re-read. Punt, how is MMM making mountains/molehills/anything with that comment?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote derp

White noise posting. Continues to joke when 8bux makes a serious attempt to get discussion started.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Eight Dollars posted:

This is an easy vote. What makes it different from most jokey derp games?

Because it reads less like a joke and more like an attempt to halt real discussion.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Magnus, can you please put a vote count in the OP.

4 hours left. Who's around?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

don't kill a vt dummy

Is your vote on Hal a serious vote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Do you have anything to add to 8bux case? Or do you just want to lynch a lurker?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

We're almost certainly going to no lynch. Somewhere, a Tremendous Taste gets his wings.

##vote PMush

Worries about a no-lynch but makes no attempt to scum hunt or engage in discussion. This, and the votecount post, are a way to look involved without actually being so.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

yuming posted:

I think my vote is quite nice you should consider it.

Hal not posting/voting is eh whatever. Asiina hasn't voted that is weird.

What's the difference? Is that just meta reads?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I feel like a bunch of players have forgotten they're even in this game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

I can do pmush

##vote pmush

Why? It feels like you are just jumping on other peoples cases. First the vote on Hal, now on PMush.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Eight Dollars posted:

I would probably vote Fiery Valk over either Pinterest or PMush. If pressed I'd do Mushface over Pinhead, who just really reads townie to me right now.

[b]##vote Fiery[b]

Anyone with me on this?

Why?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Eight Dollars posted:

FV, what do you feel about tithin bythechance?

I lost my gimmick in the final hours :(

I don't get a good vibe reading his posts. I'd switch to him if we can get enough votes.

I liked your gimmick :(

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hey guys why are you all voting the wrong people?

Who do you think we should vote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I don't get it

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry I was travelling for quite a bit there and didn't realize the deadline was so drat close.

We should just vote one of these two I guess. Preferably Pinterest.

Yeah thanks for showing me up with the timing of your posting (I kid)

Anyone want more discussion or you want me to hammer?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

tithin posted:

Hammer if your feel comfortable potentially hammering a townie. Don't if you don't. Answer to your conscience.

It's not a question of whether I will change my vote but whether people still have things to say. I'm not going to let us no lynch.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Why can't you say it now?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

:ghost: How rude! I wanted this to be my last game! :ghost:

Don't leave Hal, you can't let someone else take your spot of most mafia games played. Also, I am afraid that if you leave I will be the oldest player on the forums. Sign up for my Australia game!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I will say that of the three things you listed as sideline comments the first two weren't intended as anything more than jokes.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to make yuming's argument less persuasive, since it means you were participating even less than she gives you credit for.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

uranus posted:

who would do that to me? scum, thats who. so anyone who watched me should speak up. then we'll have caought a badguy

Worst rolefish ever.

You claimed you had something to say about 12 hours before the game reopened. Now apparently the thing you had to say was that you were roleblocked. And the mod told you that in the middle of night phase.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hey FV, pretty suspicious how hal was nightkilled, suddenly finds himself without as many games and coincidentally you have a game looking for sign ups. HMMMM

As do you..... coincidence?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

FV how would you define your scumhunting or mafia playing style?

Dunno exactly. I think I just look for stuff that seems hypocritical or doesn't make sense.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I notice you have a very, I don't know how to describe this exactly, but like literal way of posting I've noticed. I've seen you do it as scum before and I suspect it might be because it's easier to make hard points about things that are clear to you as opposed to inventing feelings about people.

Like for example:

This is an easy point to make because while it might not mean much to the game, there is literally a contradiction between what punt posted and the reality of the game.

No, I think that's just my brain. I am more of a black/white, numbers brained person than a feelings/emotions person. Things that stand out to me are logical things (from my perspective at least).

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm going to bring a post from another game we played together into this, but this isn't just a meta read. I'm trying to look at why you argue in the way you do. This is a post you made as scum:

There is a definite tone that comes across in posts like these that's very matter of fact and I think this is a scum perspective for arguing.

You say this isn't a meta read but clearly it is. If I went from a play style like yuming when I was town to like this when I was scum, then if see the merit in your argument, but I don't (and I also really don't want to drag a whole bunch of posts from other games into this because I really hate it when other players do that. No offense).

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

To clarify, I don't feel like there's anything wrong with a cold or analytical reading of the thread. I understand approaching in that way, I've tried it before but it never really worked for me personally. I think there is a large difference in how scum and town would use that posting style though.

The thing is, I don't choose to play that way. That's just me, in real life and in mafia.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

PMush's obsession with yuming is standing out as a manufactured opinion to me.

She starts with an early meta vote on yuming

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote yuming

A shame you rolled scum again, yuming. Better luck next time! :sun:

And explains it with

Poison Mushroom posted:

Town yuming is one of the best mafia players on SA, and has a very particular tone with her posts. Scum yuming, once you can recognize town yuming, can be seen from a mile away.

Which to me explains nothing. She then starts to hedge her feelings on yuming.

Poison Mushroom posted:

This is starting to feel like the yuming I know.

Not sure how to feel about any of the current lynch leaders. Someone tell me who to vote.

Poison Mushroom posted:

The more I think about it, the more I'm seeing this giant postcount as kind of uncharacteristic of what I know of $8. It seems like he's trying to be seen as making content, but hasn't actually put forth much more effort than the rest of us.

##vote 8bux

Not as sure about Yuming being scum as I was yesterday, but I'm still not really feeling like she's town, either.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I really should know that. :derp:

Sure, why not. What about yuming? This doesn't seem like her town posting to me, but it's been a long time since I was in a game with her, and even longer since I was in one where she actually had the time and energy to post, so my gut feelings on her might be based on outdated information.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Cheeky answer: ~Feelings!~ :sun:

Actual answer: The town yuming I've known has always been heavily about gut reads, and very confident in those reads, as well as very free and :sun: with her posting. I'm not seeing that here, and it's making me wonder why.

Poison Mushroom posted:

That's entirely fair. Even if she is scum (which I'm now even less sure about), and she flips later, all her posts might give us some insight into the rest of the team.

I feel like this is a lot of words to talk about someone who she hasn't voted since early D1. She's voted 2 other people today but her discussion keeps coming back to yuming. It feels like she is trying to build support for a lynch on yuming before pushing harder, after her D1 call got no traction.

##vote PMush

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

tithin posted:

At this stage I'm not sure, possibly PMush / Asiina but as you so kindly pointed out, I'm new enough to get some of the meta of how people post, but not to understand the ~full meta~.

I would also point out myself, before others do, that I am only nominating Pmush / Asiina because they're among the few actively antagonising me at this stage.

This is crap. I haven't read any of the Auspol games, so I'm not sure of the quality of play, but you've done enough games that you should be able to form opinions on people other than just "they're being mean to me".

Give an actual opinion on someone. It doesn't have to be a full-blown case. Just find a post from someone and explain why you do/dont like it and what you think it reveals about their alignment.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

tithin posted:

One other thing - I've played a small number of games total, and those have been spread out over 6 months, with a large gap between them.

As I've said before, if you guys are convinced I'm scum vote for me. poo poo, I know how my posting looks, but I also know I'm town - how many scum do you see posting like I am right now in general?

I think its awesome that you're playing more games. The community always needs new people but learning to play means learning to make cases and defend yourself from cases and especially, learning that you shouldn't take anything too personally.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

tithin posted:

When I was playing regularly, it wasn't an issue because I was "in the zone"

it's been so long since I've played properly that I've cocked up in the three seperate games that I've joined this week, and in different ways.

Just need to get back into that mindset I was in prior I guess

Just keep playing. If MMM's Bread 2 mafia isn't full you should join that. Those games are good for newbies. The first one actually had some much better scum hunting than anything you'll see in a game of vets.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Correction: Would definitely vote tithin.

Why? You're posting about him is pretty sparse and I dont see where your conviction is coming from.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

tithin posted:

He uh, just posted Bread 3, so I'll join in on that I guess :3:

No, Bread 2 is for newer players. It hasn't started yet.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671269

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

What are your thoughts on me, FV?

You've basically got no content from D1. D2 I think you've been contradicting yourself. You dont seem to have a consistent opinion. Here are your comments on 8bux (my emphasis):

He's gimmick posting at first, probably some role in Twin Peaks like George The Sheriff dude. I don't think he's frustrated at lack of town effort and if he is there's nothing towny about it. It's quite a scum tactic to just feign irritation with the players. Also PMush is town.

I mean really, Eight dollars is a southern gentleman who doesn't post anything like that anywhere, so it's very clearly put on and it's a little silly that you even bought into that PMush. The lurker call outs are legitimate points from him though and you're right that it's troubling if he's just putting that on.

Eight dollars is also one of my most likely picks for polite scum as well.

Yeah it's towny if it's genuine, but it's also incredibly easy to fake. Like really, one of the easiest perspectives.

Also I haven't made a case on FV yet.

I come out of that series of posts unclear on what your stance on 8bux is. You seem to be moving your opinion based on the opinion of whoever you're talking to. You start that series of posts saying that being frustrated with town is not a townie feeling and end on the opposite point.

You also don't vote for 8bux, and your "alliance" is a poor reason for not doing so if you really think he is scum. This makes it seem like you dont even believe your own opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The conversation between you and PMush about yuming also seems contradictory. You start by saying that you feel yuming is town.

Talk to me about yuming PM, she's posted a lot and should be an easy read. You say she's pretty easy to read as scum but I don't feel like that's scuming up there, what's making you feel that way?

PMush then quotes the opposite, that she feels yuming is scum. You reply with

Cool we're on a similar conversation topic wavelength. It's also been a long time since I played with scuming and I think people overstate how bad she is at it but I think this is the real yuming here.

How are you on a similar wavelength when the two of you have opposite opinions? Your play is based around trying to sound agreeable to whomever you're talking to, even if that means hedging your opinions around, or outright ignoring contradictions.

Would vote you or PMush today.

• Locked thread