Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

PaybackJack posted:

This is how I feel about this event. Broke the 2 good event streak they had going.

I'd rather have seen them just give Hickman another 9 issues to tell the events surrounding the hunt for the illuminati.

I even enjoyed parts of the main series for Fear Itself and Siege. But everything about this even just fell totally flat for me. I mean, Hobgoblin mini was great and Carnage was okay, but the main story? Bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I hope Uncanny Avengers Vol. 2 gets me to forget this heap.
I don't wanna be soured on Remender :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Probably Magic posted:

I guess it beats, "Ensuring Havok disappears from continuity for three years" a la Mutant X and Emperor Vulcan.

So I guess Havok and Cyclops are know allied, and chances are that he will end up allied with Kang to rebuild Plant X

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Teenage Fansub posted:

I hope Uncanny Avengers Vol. 2 gets me to forget this heap.
I don't wanna be soured on Remender :(

I hope Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 is three issues long and Remender gives up to work full time on his comics which are actually good.
God, this was crap. I already think of UA as "that fake X-title that doesn't count" but because I'm terrible I'm invested in the Cyclops-centred books and I don't like the idea that Remender-Havok is allied with him. Even if Havok is never seen in UXM or ANXM, I'll know he's just lurking in another room of the Weapon X facility at that particular moment.
There had to be an easier way to make Sabretooth a good guy and Iron Man an rear end in a top hat.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

So are the X-Men going to forgive Cyclops for the AvX Dark Phoenix business now that they've all been mind controlled to be evil and took over Manhattan as minions of Apocalypse, or are they going to continue being hypocritical dicks to him?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dacap posted:

So are the X-Men going to forgive Cyclops for the AvX Dark Phoenix business now that they've all been mind controlled to be evil and took over Manhattan as minions of Apocalypse, or are they going to continue being hypocritical dicks to him?

Judging by where Hickman has the X-Men in his Avengers story, it looks like everyone more-or-less makes up and Scott forms Nation X, where any mutant is welcome.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Codependent Poster posted:

Judging by where Hickman has the X-Men in his Avengers story, it looks like everyone more-or-less makes up and Scott forms Nation X, where any mutant is welcome.

I can't see that meaning jack poo poo by the time Hickman's run is over.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

I can't see that meaning jack poo poo by the time Hickman's run is over.

Why? Hickman started off in the future where all other books are going to catch up. It's definitely happening.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Why? Hickman started off in the future where all other books are going to catch up. It's definitely happening.

Really? Where was that mentioned?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

In the entire basis for Hickman's Time Runs Out story. It was stated that he's writing the Marvel universe 8 months into the future, and all of the other books are going to catch up to where he started.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55795

quote:

This eight-month time jump doesn't just show where the Avengers are. It also hints at what's going on with characters across the Marvel Universe. How hard was it to coordinate that?

Brevoort: There wasn't much to get in line in terms of everybody else. The beauty of skipping ahead to where we are was the only things we needed to know from people was the specifics about where their individual characters might be once we got to the point where we synch back up with the rest of the universe.

Hickman: Because we did it in this way we're responsible for making sure everything ties together. So as long as we're doing our job everything should line up. We all get together through the retreats and everybody knows where the books are going, plus we solicit three months in advance. So as long as I'm not dropping the ball we should be perfectly fine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Huh, I just assumed there would be a reset.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

CharlestheHammer posted:

I wonder if Remender wasn't on board with Nation X and passive-aggressively made it so Havok remains inverted, so he's saying he'd only join up with Scott if he was randomly turned evil.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I still can't see it happening. Like I've said in the Avengers thread, I like the story, but there is just way too much crazy stuff that makes it way too different from any recognizable version of the Marvel universe to not see someone hitting the status quo button as soon as Hickman leaves.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tony and Reed will be like "We've done some awful things and we need to seriously re-evaluate how we live our lives" and then Moondragon will show up and be like "THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR HUMAN MINDS, SLEEP AND FORGET" and fly off.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

With Tony they are just going to do what Fraction did during his run about Civil War "Sure I hosed up, but I thought I was right and in the end that is all that matters. Also I would do it again too.".

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I still can't see it happening. Like I've said in the Avengers thread, I like the story, but there is just way too much crazy stuff that makes it way too different from any recognizable version of the Marvel universe to not see someone hitting the status quo button as soon as Hickman leaves.

You can't see what happening? What he's writing is definitely happening. All the other books will catch up. Then we go into Secret Wars. It's after that where we'll see something like a reset button done.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Also, another lovely part of this event is jack O Lantern being one of the villains Magneto recruits even though Rick loving Remender had Jack O Lantern as the main villain in his Venom run and that Jack said he killed all the other Jacks that used the costume before him. At first I just thought it was the artist drawing the wrong guy but Hobgoblin is in the same shot. So despite every other villain that's recruited being some type of established villain, this Jack O Lantern just comes out of loving nowhere for no reason.

I can kind of see why the rest of the X-Men rally around Scott depsite any disagreements and without knowing what stories will happen in the coming months. You kind of see hints of this at the end of the Wolverine and the X-MEn's last few issues. Wolverine's school is kind of directionless. Storm and Beast are being pulled in all kinds of directions due to other stories, and Kitty had already left because Bendis wanted his toy back in his toy box, and none of the other teachers really would rally the troops. So they just naturally gravitate to the other major leader, Scott Summers.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

So Tony is an rear end in a top hat again. How breathtakingly original.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

And Sabretooth looks to basically be his AoA counterpart, while Havoc is ... uh, I think there was a story with ... The guy who wrote the Draco? Bobkatt, back me up here, evil Havoc, exiles, Mutant X? Someone else remembers this.

Basically this isn't anything too exciting.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Spiderdrake posted:

And Sabretooth looks to basically be his AoA counterpart, while Havoc is ... uh, I think there was a story with ... The guy who wrote the Draco? Bobkatt, back me up here, evil Havoc, exiles, Mutant X? Someone else remembers this.

Inferno and X-Tinction Agenda are big ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spiderdrake posted:

The Exiles-X-Men crossover with Chuck Austen, where Havoc got possessed by Mutant X Havoc and was a huge jerk until he wasn't and Wolfcub was deemed an important future character who later got killed off uncermoniously in Young X-Men?

Yeah, everything is Exiles now. All we need is suave male Mystique.

• Locked thread