Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Yvonmukluk posted:

They really should have given her a new codename by now. I mean, that's like Wolverine still calling himself 'Weapon X'.

At some point she was supposed to have changed her name to Talon (someone from the future mentally refers to her as this- I wanna say it's a Dethlok? I got no source but I swear I'm not making it up) but it hasn't happened yet and probably never will because branding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Also totally bullshit that it's making GBS threads up four issues of X-Factor when it's being cancelled at #20.

And it totally features the X-Men, Aphrodite... but it's only Magneto and the half of Remender's lovely team that can call themselves X-Men.

Avengers and X-Men who are also Avengers: Sixis.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Ladies and gentlemen, tonight, the role of Steve Rogers will be played by Clint Eastwood.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

bobkatt013 posted:

What about Infinity and Original Sin?

I feel like I'm the only person here who thought Original Sin was barely okay, let alone good.

I wanted to avoid SIXIS but two books I like are tied into it so whatever. The main book so far seems to be in extended BOSS BATTLE mode, Magneto was where half the plot went in so far as how all these other villains got dragged into it, and Loki was a riot from start to finish. Somebody get this team on a DOOM book full time. All you need is Doom. Doom. Doom is all you need.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Jiro posted:

I still say Magneto pulling a straight up Gallagher on Skull's skull was the best thing that happened for this event and now I wish it was the climax to how it should have ended.

Xavier's ghost shoulda floated up from the red paste, said "Thanks, Erik." and floated away. End event. It'd be talked about for years to come.
Hickman's Avengers books are a way better event right now, and they're not even "technically" an event! Their between-oh-poo poo-moments moments are way more fun to read than Sixis.
It actually pisses me off that Sixis completely derailed The-Punisher-But-For-Mutants and is hogging the last arc of X-Factor. The worst part is there's a totally interesting story happening with the X-Men and New Apocalypse and we're only getting little chunks of it at a time. X-Men Vs the Marvel Universe in a non-event, status-quo context could actually be pretty cool. It's yet to be done, but it's possible.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Carnage's final wish was incredible but everything before and after that moment was such absolute dogshit. To think that there's someone out there who'll binge-read UXF and then excitedly follow it up with Uncanny Avengers and then Axis.. it's like a tasty jawbreaker where the second layer is literal poo poo, and the core is spiders. And there are spiders in half of the other candy you were gonna eat because the jawbreaker decreed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Teenage Fansub posted:

I hope Uncanny Avengers Vol. 2 gets me to forget this heap.
I don't wanna be soured on Remender :(

I hope Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 is three issues long and Remender gives up to work full time on his comics which are actually good.
God, this was crap. I already think of UA as "that fake X-title that doesn't count" but because I'm terrible I'm invested in the Cyclops-centred books and I don't like the idea that Remender-Havok is allied with him. Even if Havok is never seen in UXM or ANXM, I'll know he's just lurking in another room of the Weapon X facility at that particular moment.
There had to be an easier way to make Sabretooth a good guy and Iron Man an rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread