Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Space_Butler posted:

I stopped reading Uncanny Avengers pretty early on, but does Remender usually have every single avenger speak in non-stop quips? That was obnoxious as hell, anytime a character ran onto they page it's like they had a line prepared beforehand and all of them fall flat. That's in addition to pretty much everything being either dull or confusing as a non-UA reader

Art was pretty bland as well, for such a huge and expensive event book. I'm just gonna skip this whole thing and wait for whatever the fallout is.

Sounds like he's taking direction from the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Wanderer posted:

Given how many fans came out of the Winter Soldier movie raving about Anthony Mackie's performance, I would be very surprised if the Falcon's tenure as Cap does not end with at least a strong attempt at a Falcon ongoing series, timed to coincide with the character's reappearance in one film or another.

I do think that Sam Wilson in the comics suffers from the "Hawkman/Angel problem," in that he's the guy who flies in a group full of people who can fly and do a few other things as well. It's why he doesn't stick around the Avengers very often. Al Ewing, conversely, used him very well if sporadically in Mighty Avengers.

Shift Sam from a straight up rock em sock em superhero to a supporting cast member that does "The dirty work" ala bucky/black widow. Or alternatively use him as a spoiler for that kind of character. Someone who works in the shadows against others who do the same.

• Locked thread