Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The art was kind of a mess, the pacing was rushed as all hell, the plot was all over the place. Summers' brothers fighting each other, this was an ode to late 80s, early 90s events, if I've ever seen one. Stark-tech programmed ADAMANTIUM Sentinels. Over the top action panels, ridiculous bad guy(HE'S PURE HATE!) though some of the large panels were pretty good.

I was not impressed. We'll see where this goes but so far it just feels so ridiculous I can't take anything seriously. Even Evan's death was so pointless and out of place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I was thinking of all the late 80s, 90's retreads in this issue, this is what I've come up with so far:

Havok vs Cyclops - Inferno & X-tinction Agenda
X-Men get kidnapped - X-tinction Agenda
Bad Guy Reveals new Sentinels - Onslaught/Zero Tolerance
Bad Guy is Reborn in new body after having been thought dead - X-Tinction Agenda,
Psionic Interference/Jamming - X-Cuitioner's Song, Onslaught
Using Powerful Mutants for their power against their will - Days of Future Present, Onslaught, The Twelve

There's got to be more.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Aren't those guys like guys that fail to respond to Terrigen or something?

They don't fail to respond. Instead of becoming unique they become a drone as part of a hive mind essentially. It's like you go into a cocoon and you either come out a butterfly or a bee. Inhuman society thinks being a bee is bad so they get thrown into the caverns to become a worker for the betterment of the butterflies. A bit of an oversimplification perhaps, but I haven't read everything ever written about them.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Sramaker posted:

What happened?

Carnage saves the girl by overloading the sin eater with all his sins, including his greatest sin...which was liking all the other sinning he was doing?

Anyway, the girl runs to the police and he begs her to come back and help him be a hero, and he daydreams about life with her and raising a family, while she's yelling at him about power and responsibility; then he realizes what she's actually saying is that they can't be together(and his daydream becomes their family dead at the hands of someone else) because heroes have to be alone due to the threat of their loved ones. He waves a thanks you an zips off to be a better hero, now with the knowledge that heroes can't have family responsibility or something.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Dacap posted:

This really didn't need to be.

This is how I feel about this event. Broke the 2 good event streak they had going.

I'd rather have seen them just give Hickman another 9 issues to tell the events surrounding the hunt for the illuminati.

• Locked thread