Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

LordPants posted:

Is Uncanny Avengers continuing as normal during this?

No, it's on hiatus.

Not much faith in this event. For the most part I think Uncanny Avengers has been dreadful with characters acting like big baby idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Now now, the Jean Grey teachers and students will probably be dragged in since that book really has no direction now.

And Cyclops will show up and either be horribly characterized by Remender, or semi-competent/important, but nothing of consequence will happen to or with him as Bendis has said as much.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If the first page of the next issue isn't Magneto beating the poo poo out of Red Onslaught with the adamantium sentinels... come on. And don't give me the "wonky powers" excuse.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Uncanny and All-new will not tie into this at all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

coconono posted:

I should probably read more Uncanny Avengers.

No, don't.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Uncanny Avengers is a bunch of unlikeable people not even acting in character spouting off dumb poo poo and undoing a whole bunch of character growth. Did you like Rogue learning to control her powers? TOO BAD!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Scott's always been the best. It's not a dark day, it's the day when your eyes are finally opened to how great of a character he is!

Havok is totally going to die in this event, I bet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd say to just not worry about continuity. I mean, so far in Time Runs Out, Hickman is pretty much still writing Cap as if he was young and only with some minor changes like the line about him beating someone with his cane. Otherwise he looks like he's a strong old guy who can still go out on missions instead of the frail version Remender has.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deadpool. But that's just Deadpool being a great comic.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

eliotlucas posted:

I am so tired of the heroes of the Marvel Universe bickering and fighting each other rather than villains.

I dunno, that's a staple for Marvel. Always has been from the very start.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I don't know what Remender was thinking by having Captain Falcon immediately be an rear end in a top hat, even if it was mind control or whatever. And Steve is still Steve who should be Captain America and right now you've got a character that fell flat on his face. It's a far cry from BuckyCap who was awesome and could favorably compare to Stever from start to finish.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

Steve is hung up on catching the Illuminati instead of trying to fix things so they might play that as AXIS.

Nah. Steve is going to get Nova and Spidey together since they weren't there and didn't get inverted. Which sounds like a good concept and hopefully we see Nova and Spidey kick some rear end, but I'm not gonna believe it until it happens .

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Remender said that since Magneto had been driven by vengeance lately that now he was inverted to being driven by forgiveness.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Carnage is already solicited to show up in Nova after AXIS. Remember how he wrote down Sam's name and said that he will have to remember him for being such a cool kid? Yeah.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Spidey got his moments, but you'd have to have read Nova to see what he did.

I just don't get this event. So was the point of it to make Tony more of an rear end in a top hat, Sabretooth the new Wolverine, Havok evil (why?), and Wanda and Quicksilver not-mutants? That's it?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dacap posted:

So are the X-Men going to forgive Cyclops for the AvX Dark Phoenix business now that they've all been mind controlled to be evil and took over Manhattan as minions of Apocalypse, or are they going to continue being hypocritical dicks to him?

Judging by where Hickman has the X-Men in his Avengers story, it looks like everyone more-or-less makes up and Scott forms Nation X, where any mutant is welcome.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

I can't see that meaning jack poo poo by the time Hickman's run is over.

Why? Hickman started off in the future where all other books are going to catch up. It's definitely happening.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Really? Where was that mentioned?

In the entire basis for Hickman's Time Runs Out story. It was stated that he's writing the Marvel universe 8 months into the future, and all of the other books are going to catch up to where he started.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55795

quote:

This eight-month time jump doesn't just show where the Avengers are. It also hints at what's going on with characters across the Marvel Universe. How hard was it to coordinate that?

Brevoort: There wasn't much to get in line in terms of everybody else. The beauty of skipping ahead to where we are was the only things we needed to know from people was the specifics about where their individual characters might be once we got to the point where we synch back up with the rest of the universe.

Hickman: Because we did it in this way we're responsible for making sure everything ties together. So as long as we're doing our job everything should line up. We all get together through the retreats and everybody knows where the books are going, plus we solicit three months in advance. So as long as I'm not dropping the ball we should be perfectly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I still can't see it happening. Like I've said in the Avengers thread, I like the story, but there is just way too much crazy stuff that makes it way too different from any recognizable version of the Marvel universe to not see someone hitting the status quo button as soon as Hickman leaves.

You can't see what happening? What he's writing is definitely happening. All the other books will catch up. Then we go into Secret Wars. It's after that where we'll see something like a reset button done.

• Locked thread