Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Little Mac posted:

Did we see Scott/Evan/Quentin get taken to Genosha anywhere? I'm wondering if Magneto's helmet didn't fall of somewhere and all of that's a Red Skull illusion. Quentin also got gutted off-panel which is really weird.

I liked Axis a lot. It's very cinematic and works well if you've been liking Uncanny Avengers.

It might be a tie in, but I hope not because that idea just gives me flashbacks to FI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Honestly, the whole Thanos/Thane arc of infinity was pretty lame overall. Thanos' son we have never heard of before is the one that beats his dad, who is only on earth for him in the first place. Kind of makes the whole arc a bit of a nonstarter. The terrigen mists are released and there are a bunch of new inhumans, but that's probably just some gimmick to have mutant style characters in the movies.

The Builders arc was loving great though.
'
We haven't really seen thane or planet annihilus used since though and that's a bit of a let down.

Also, I kind of feel like maybe no one is supporting the Cabal so much as who could possibly really stop them? The second you 'stop' the Cabal we are all murdered by incursions or they blow up the Earth themselves and run away into space.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 16, 2014

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Dr.Magnificent posted:

Mystique and Sabertooth have been an item for a while (since Aaron's Wolverine run at least), so she's there because Sabertooth is there.

Plus she's probably at least a little miffed about a Nazi stealing her dead exhusband's brain.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

AllLuckySevens posted:

I don't think the serum will be coming back, short of the "captain America returns" arc two years from now.

While on the topic though, isn't captain America's intellect partially the product of his serum? How is he more fit to give orders over someone like Stark or Hill?

He wouldn't instantly forget everything he's learned though. I kind of think losing the serum shouldn't have made him frail even, though I could see withdrawal-like symptoms putting him on his rear end. Compare it to someone quitting steroids. The body isn't going to shrink down it just lost the boost it was getting so will slowly go back towards normal.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The premise is dumb as heck.

goldenoreos posted:

This issue was less pushing its own story and more of a set up issue for all the comics that AXIS is either creating or affecting this month. I did like the panel of Magneto walking away from the Apocalypse Youth speech. Came off as a "been there done that" pose.

Like this bit was really neat and I'd love to read more about Evan being Apocalypse and apparently being able to become big and scary based on his state of mind that bit is pretty interesting but the whole inversion thing where it'll be undone pretty directly, everyone will go back to normal, and there will be zero long term impact is getting kind of old. Most comic stories are that way but this is just being extra lame and obvious about it. All I really want is Pietro to do something naughty and claim Inversion when caught.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Also, this week's issue was super boring. Good lord. The speech from Apocalypse was kind of cool, despite there being literally no art on the page. Wanda looked really cool in her fight against Doom, but that scene ended before it could go anywhere. The Tony stuff felt like a retread. Not sure what the point of the Thor & Loki bit was. I don't know. The pacing on this is so loving weird. Why am I still reading it. Who am I.

The Thor and Loki bit setup stuff that happened in revolutions and loki's comic. It was also a bit redundant. This event is a special kind of lovely because it doesn't even have wasted potential like most of the last bunch. I don't even know how they would do a What If? for it. "What If a different character had been inverted?" Let's watch daredevil be an rear end in a top hat for an issue. WOO?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
He and enchantress are being douchey holier than thou types. And he can't lie.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
But with a hologram shield.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Gavok posted:

There's only one bite so probably not.

Maybe it was the Absorbing Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
No no. You take a chocolate shield and when he's like "IM MADE OUT OF ADAMANTIUM WATCH AS I EAT YOUR SHIELD" he bites it and turns into chocolate.

• Locked thread