Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

You're misremembering how horrendously overpowered Onslaught was.

And this is an Onslaught that doesn't have a Franklin slapped to it's back just Wanda which I guess is good enough, for now. :godwin:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

kdrudy posted:

I'll admit things picked up this week, and the ending made me very interested in the next issue.

This. The systematic stomping of the recent Tony Stark will never not be satisfying to me. Also the latest Loki, and the splash page at the end of Axis were loving awesome.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

frgildan posted:

I think it's that when Namor came to Doom he's broken and a shell of the man he used to be. Magneto has made a mistake but he's owning up to it and ready to face it full on. I guess Namor should have gotten a pep talk from a former victim before going to Doom.

I still don't see how killing a Charles Xavier powered Red Skull is a mistake by squishing his head. You can't incapacitate him by tying him up, and no one would have guessed that killing him would result in an Onslaught with tentacles would be unleashed. The one time "If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." not only works, but works for a Nazi no less. :godwin:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

AllLuckySevens posted:

Just finished Axis 4.

This entire crossover feels like a poorly thrown-together What if? story. There's no subtlety to speak of, and the pacing is just awful. The hulk gets sad and then... Turns in Kluh? And then runs away? And no one cares?

Kluh basically sounded and almost acted like Lobo Classic. And I'm totally ok with that. So heroes are rear end in a top hat villains now and Carnage is happily heroically insane, alright then.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Man, Spidy and Sam's buddy stuff was the best. This issue really should have been issue 3, or even 2.

Yeah Peter being a kind of mentor to Nova was pretty great in the sense they would possibly have the same kind of sarcasm. Also Nova was pretty great as a tie in just showing how hopelessly outmatched Sam was against Kluh even though he got a great shot off by punching him square into Kluh's nostril and letting some Nova Force loose. Wonder how they're going to have the helmet fix itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What really kind of sucks is that the main focus SHOULD'VE been an Onslaught powered Red Skull loving poo poo up and having heroes be inverted by Skull, villains getting caught up in it becoming inverted themselves. The most evil obvious villain gets neutered and now we just have rear end in a top hat Avengers.

I still say Magneto pulling a straight up Gallagher on Skull's skull was the best thing that happened for this event and now I wish it was the climax to how it should have ended.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 20, 2014

• Locked thread