Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Avengers and X-Men: Axis.

Featuring none of the X-Men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I find it incredibly :psyduck: that Tony's database doesn't have villains in it because ... uh ... villains aren't a threat, I guess? What the hell, past Tony. It just seems like a really silly and contrived excuse to get the villains together. Don't get me wrong, the villain team owns and is the only interesting part of this event so far, but ... what.

This book was at least a little better than the first, I guess. It's relying a little heavily on tie-ins - I read Loki before I read this issue and was cool with Magneto loving off for half the issue, but another friend of mine is only reading the main event and was confused as gently caress about him just loving off and thought the pacing of that seemed weird.

He has a different villain database.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Being on the team doesn't mean Tony accepts that he's a good guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wanderer posted:

As I understand it, it was that Tony had considered in his idle moments how he would make a Sentinel if he ever had to do so, but had never written it down. The Red Skull used telepathy to pull the idea out of his head and put it into practice, so you get near-indestructible Stark-powered Sentinels that use Pym particles to capture and imprison opponents.

Specifically, he thought up sentinels capable of defeating all the heroes just in case he ever needed them.

It's Tower of Babel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NorgLyle posted:

Which is different than the JLA story with the guy who used his internet helmet to download a way to defeat the entire Justice League except for Catwoman who is a villain so she was able to whip him directly in the nuts and turn the tide. I take back my former question; I know exactly what Mystique is going to do in this fight now.

Carnage is there as a backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus either Uncanny or (New) Avengers is probably an alternate timeline.

• Locked thread