Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Oh ohoi everyone. Found finally this thread. Let's have a blast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I would like to formally request that BOHICA be forced to change their tribe name. It is giving me PTSD from when I was kidnapped and anally molested by pygmies in the Brazilian jungle. Thanks. :stonklol:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
more like brochia

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RandomPauI posted:

Should we commission Jeph Jaques to make a logo for our team?

He better make it fat enough though. Or at least transsexual.

Also I guess this thread is for shitposting ?

Cause if it is :getin:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Fathis Munk posted:

He better make it fat enough though. Or at least transsexual.

Also I guess this thread is for shitposting ?

Cause if it is :getin:

Every thread is for shitposting

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Puntification posted:

Every thread is for shitposting

I like your philosophy

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fathis Munk posted:

Or at least transsexual.
Transgender*

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Lampsacus posted:

Does anybody remember that tv reality show Boot Camp? It had player elimination and challenges but the instructors tried to improve the players mentally and physically. I trust Goons in Platoons will do the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibrMr6PwLo

:munch: I saw this post and the first thing that came into my head was "Save the drama for your mama" :munch:

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibrMr6PwLo

:munch: I saw this post and the first thing that came into my head was "Save the drama for your mama" :munch:
Oh man giving me the mad nostalgia chills, MT!
It was filmed in the heady days when first season survivor started the reality tv boom. So all the contestants are still blue eyed and all "I'm here for the money but also to make friends and have new experiences!"

btw guys, I'm here to make friends and have new experiences!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:sun: I am taking applications to be my survivor mentee

don't miss your chance to learn from the best awful survivor player ever victory not guaranteed :sun:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:munch: if anyone wants lessons on how to get backstabbed by your closest friend and end up 4th, I'll be right over there. :munch:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

Oh man giving me the mad nostalgia chills, MT!
It was filmed in the heady days when first season survivor started the reality tv boom. So all the contestants are still blue eyed and all "I'm here for the money but also to make friends and have new experiences!"

btw guys, I'm here to make friends and have new experiences!

Oh, so is that what led to eventually every reality show having that one fucker who's like "I'm not here to MAKE FRIENDS" and then they inevitably do some dumb poo poo and get kicked off like five episodes in?

11208 0512 OK

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

VISTA ME DORKOS

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

Oh, so is that what led to eventually every reality show having that one fucker who's like "I'm not here to MAKE FRIENDS" and then they inevitably do some dumb poo poo and get kicked off like five episodes in?

11208 0512 OK

By the way, this owns and has the best guy for it on the thumbnail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w536Alnon24

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

Should we commission Jeph Jaques to make a logo for our team?

Yes but it MUST involves teh and red hooking up, tumblr screaming squeeeeeeee!!!!!, and nearly 10k/month in patreonbux

Otherwise it's just not authentic Jeph

~webcomic thread crew~

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Jeph didn't update last night. We can only assume he's been murdered by a legion of LICD-loving MRA transphobes.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
if i win i will invest my gift card into creating something so i can live off of patreon income

maybe i will make a living converting anal beads into actual beads idk

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

hubris.height posted:

if i win i will invest my gift card into creating something so i can live off of patreon income

maybe i will make a living converting anal beads into actual beads idk

Convert anal beads into ball gags. We are now business partners. Promote synergy.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
maximise profits: regular beads -> anal beads -> ball gags -> regular beads

that way you can market it as fun for the whole family and rake in All The Money

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What the gently caress even is this thread.

I don't mind QC except it's just kind of dull.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
idk i just assumed it was a place for poo poo posting during the awful survivor stuff

i hope the mods don't have some official use or capacity for it

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

blatantly fake Treemail posted:

For two days you've been out here in GiP
Tonight you'll set sail, to get lost at sea
But in the interest of keeping things fair
Each of you will only be using one square

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

hubris.height posted:

idk i just assumed it was a place for poo poo posting during the awful survivor stuff

i hope the mods don't have some official use or capacity for it
Tribal councils will take place here, and the thread will often be used for challenges. Outside of those times, though, you can poo poo post all you want so long as you're still in the game.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 8, 2014

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

What the gently caress even is this thread.

I don't mind QC except it's just kind of dull.

well yeah that is kinda the problem with it. Also JJ always draws his dudes in the same pose. And with overly long torsos.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Fathis Munk posted:

well yeah that is kinda the problem with it. Also JJ always draws his dudes in the same pose. And with overly long torsos.

He is awful I agree.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:jerky:

Puntification posted:

He is awful I agree.
:jerky:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

BloodWulfe posted:

~webcomic thread crew~

I'm years out of being a webcomic thread person (hi Dr. Hurt) but shouldn't you be calling him Jib Jeeps or something

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

when's target practice

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

MiniFoo posted:

when's target practice
7 p.m. EST, tonight. Rules will be posted an hour prior.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm years out of being a webcomic thread person (hi Dr. Hurt) but shouldn't you be calling him Jib Jeeps or something

I like Jeff Jacks because afaik that's how you pronounce his goofy name

I'm looking forward to game time. I hope it's not battleship. I've been told that was bad, but it would fit in with this round's theme so :ohdear:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

BloodWulfe posted:

I'm looking forward to game time. I hope it's not battleship. I've been told that was bad, but it would fit in with this round's theme so :ohdear:

I remember that day like it was only yesterday.

We don't talk about that day. Many fine men were committed to the sea. Many more made it back ashore, but they were no longer complete men. You could see in their ravaged and ruined faces that something had been taken from them, never to be returned. Was it innocence? Sanity? Faith in humanity?

Though not all of us fought on the same side, we all met each others' eyes after the battle. No words needed to be spoken. In that moment, our hearts beat as one, filling our souls with the echoes of resounding truth:

Never again.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Propaganda Machine posted:

We don't talk about that day. Many fine men were committed to the sea. Many more made it back ashore, but they were no longer complete men. You could see in their ravaged and ruined faces that something had been taken from them, never to be returned. Was it innocence? Sanity? Faith in humanity?

Though not all of us fought on the same side, we all met each others' eyes after the battle. No words needed to be spoken. In that moment, our hearts beat as one, filling our souls with the echoes of resounding truth:

Never again.

sounds fun

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

BloodWulfe posted:

It's actually pronounced "Jock Jams"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Never again.

Toot Toot

:getin:

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

BloodWulfe posted:

To be clear, the "tree mail" I posted earlier in the thread is completely and utterly fake--go read the one in your tribe's document instead :)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

nvm!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Come on in, guys!

You've just walked into a brand new tribe, full of strangers. You've spent three whole days together building a new home, as well as a new life. How much do you think you can trust these people?

We're about to put that to the test.

We've managed to find four underemployed locals with rickshaws, and they have all graciously agreed to drag you through town to see what the Awful Ozarks are really like. They will also take you to the location of your first challenge: the Twitch Pit.

When you arrive, your tribe will be given $400 to wager on Saltybet competitiors as you see fit, and one single account from which to do it. You will have one hour to make as much money as possible. All four tribes will start betting and cease betting on the same matches. If a bet is placed with the tribe account either before or after the designated matches, the tribe will be automatically disqualified and sent to tribal council.

Saltybet has a chat room attached. While there is only one betting account per tribe, as many tribe members as have twitch accounts and wish to participate are free to join the chat and give encouragement or advice to their betting player, and smack talk or give bad advice to the other tribes. If you don't have a twitch account, you can make one if you like. They're free.

One very important thing: Saltybet offers a premium service for real money, which offers extremely useful information which would give anyone who has it an unfair advantage. Thus, if you have a Saltybet Illuminati account, you are forbidden from logging in with it for the duration of this challenge. If we find out that anyone was passing extra information to their tribe, we will be very mad at you, and you may be penalized. So, please, just don't. You're on the honor system here, guys.

The two tribes with the most money at the end of the hour will be safe from tribal council and one step closer to the $75 grand prize. The two tribes with the least money will face the vote, and from among them WILL be the first two people voted out of this game.

This challenge has one extra twist. Over the next hour, you can win a personal reward by PMing me with a bid. Your bid will be a certain number of minutes, representing a delayed start to the challenge for your tribe. You may bid up to 30 minutes, and if there's a tie, the reward goes to the person whose PM is received first. The tribe with the highest bid will be obvious, but the individual winner will remain a secret.

Immunity is on the line. I'll give you a moment to strategize.

Challenge begins at 7pm EST sharp.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Some of you may not know what Saltybet is. Here are the basics:
  • Saltybet maintains a vast array of MUGEN characters. It will pick two at random and have them fight, best of 5, both fighters controlled by the AI.
  • There is absolutely no quality control or attempt at balancing these characters! Any fighter you see may be useless, overpowered, ridiculous, broken, or some combination of the above.
  • Before each match, the two fighters are displayed with no information given, and you have 30 seconds to make your bet. Bets are locked before the actual match begins.
  • Odds are determined by the betting pools. If you win, you recieve a share of the losing bets.
  • An example: Let's say you bet $100 on Character A. $1000 total is bet on A, and $500 on B. If A wins, you will recieve $50, because you bet 10% of the A pool, so you recieve 10% of the B pool. If you had bet $100 on B and B won, you would recieve $200 (20% of a $1000 pool).
  • You will start with $400. You cannot be reduced below $200, even if you bet all your money and lose.
If you have any further questions, now's the time to ask them.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm chauffeuring my mom. She's in a manic state so a 15 minute doctors appointment is turning in to 'I need to go to the bank, and to bed bath and beyond, and Barnes and noble, I'm hungry so let's go to a steak house.' I had to remind her that thirty minutes isn't enough time to do any shopping.

If she hears something she doesn't want to hear it might also involve yelling, or crying at me again. Especially if she gets mad that I narced her out to her doctor. Thankfully that should mean going straight to home. Otherwise I'll try to play by phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

This challenge has one extra twist. Over the next hour, you can win a personal reward by PMing me with a bid. Your bid will be a certain number of minutes, representing a delayed start to the challenge for your tribe. You may bid up to 30 minutes, and if there's a tie, the reward goes to the person whose PM is received first. The tribe with the highest bid will be obvious, but the individual winner will remain a secret.

permission to speak freely, sir

I fail to understand this assignment, sir

• Locked thread