Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Propaganda Machine posted:

This challenge has one extra twist. Over the next hour, you can win a personal reward by PMing me with a bid. Your bid will be a certain number of minutes, representing a delayed start to the challenge for your tribe. You may bid up to 30 minutes, and if there's a tie, the reward goes to the person whose PM is received first. The tribe with the highest bid will be obvious, but the individual winner will remain a secret.

If multiple people on a tribe bid, does only the highest bid delay them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MiniFoo posted:

permission to speak freely, sir

I fail to understand this assignment, sir

As I understand it you can assign yourself a time handicap (i.e. you start later and thus have less time to make money). If you're tied with another team, the one with the highest handicap wins

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I'm a bit sleepy so I'd like to propose that the challenge be adjusted accordingly and turned into a sleeping challenge. I'm a viking at sleep.

Thank you in advance for this consideration (and obviously accepted adjustment) good-looking man in a goofy hat who is wearing I think a shark tooth necklace but I'm not 100% certain on that part.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

People send in time amounts as individuals, and the person submitting the highest time handicap receives a reward, individually. However, their entire tribe will then have less time to compete in the challenge.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fast Luck posted:

People send in time amounts as individuals, and the person submitting the highest time handicap receives a reward, individually. However, their entire tribe will then have less time to compete in the challenge.

Oh poo poo.

I see, this is that kind of game to the max. :colbert:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

This is correct. Losing bids will not have any adverse effect.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
Just as a side note 'cause it sounds like this is a new thing for a couple of folks: always bet on DBZ

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
More importantly though, never bet on DBZ.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Always bet on touhou though.

Are there any webcomix characters ?

Always bet on deegan

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Will the scores of all the tribes get posted in this thread throughout the challenge period?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

DaisyDanger posted:

Will the scores of all the tribes get posted in this thread throughout the challenge period?

I was going to do updates every 15 minutes.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Will you be making the tribal salty bet accounts and giving us the info or do we do it ourselves?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Puntification posted:

Will you be making the tribal salty bet accounts and giving us the info or do we do it ourselves?

We'll give it to you in your tribe docs in about 15 minutes. Hopefully 10 minutes is enough time for your bettor to log into saltybet and not gently caress up by bidding too early.

:f5: the thread to check for the first match you're allowed to bet on.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I will also be in Saltychat to give you GO and STOP there too.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Now she's insisting we get her car detailed. :-/

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RandomPauI posted:

Now she's insisting we get her car detailed. :-/

Good so all those bribes did work.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
By the way, the unofficial Saltybet rules are to drink every time you lose a bet.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

Propaganda Machine posted:

We'll give it to you in your tribe docs in about 15 minutes. Hopefully 10 minutes is enough time for your bettor to log into saltybet and not gently caress up by bidding too early.

:f5: the thread to check for the first match you're allowed to bet on.

So are we betting on specific matches picked by you? that's kind of a hassle.

CapnAndy posted:

I will also be in Saltychat to give you GO and STOP there too.

Salty-Chat moves really fast, so we might not be able to see you

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

BloodWulfe posted:

By the way, the unofficial Saltybet rules are to drink every time you lose a bet.

i'm already in position

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Betting begins in five minutes. You have your usernames and passwords, so log in and get ready for our go (me in here, Andy in Salty).

Except for you, BOHICA. You will have a 14 minute delay. We'll let you know prior to your first match.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
:munch: earlier today, testing this out, I won a bunch when Batman beat some anime, then lost a ton when a trout defeated some other anime. :munch:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Grimpond posted:

So are we betting on specific matches picked by you? that's kind of a hassle.

No. You'll get the beginning match, and may continue to bet through the hour until the last match (of which we will also inform you).

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
NEVERMIND

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm doing some warmup betting with my personal account, and holy hell, mistakes are being made for the first time in like 11 months. Lots of them.

2280 0107 Match

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

goddamnit big bear

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
always bet on duke?

more like never ever loving bet on duke :c00l:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MiniFoo posted:

goddamnit big bear

MLG CHOKE.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
gently caress has the betting started?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Whoops I was at dinner and missed it! Go team us!

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

gently caress arcana hearts

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
so what kinda bets are you guys making

big? small?

share your op strategies in between matches tia

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hum that's some hot grinding there.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

a lot of cocaine and slush funds

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BloodWulfe posted:

so what kinda bets are you guys making

big? small?

share your op strategies in between matches tia
Over an infinite amount of time, because you can never bankrupt, the winning strategy is to always bet on the underdog with everything you have. Sooner or later, you'll hit a jackpot.

We don't have an infinite amount of time though, so failing that? Always never not bet DBZ.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
BOHICA is now betting.

Current standings:

BOHICA: $400
FUBAR: $426
SNAFU: $400
YMRASU: $512

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

that scoreboard is now outdated

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MiniFoo posted:

that scoreboard is now outdated

Making mad bux

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm having flashbacks, to before salty hosed up tournaments and tiering. To when the dream was real. YOU WEREN'T THERE, MAN.

02807 0407 Money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Go team us!

• Locked thread