Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
These Knicks 3s are making me feel a certain way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Hey hey hey what happened to all those youthful and 60 degrees shaped movement from the first quarter

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Cmon you newbie head coach call a timeout, I think the knickerbockers have mud in their shoes, where is my OFFBALL MOVEMENT

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I hope this third quarter isn't going to be in the spike lee documentary because you would think the triangle offense is all about turnovers

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Thank you Melo for not leaving because this backup anthony is, wooo, woof.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If you're booing at a preseason game you shouldn't go to a preseason game.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Someone bood?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Hey VMI how is Cleanthony looking

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Raw as gently caress I guess, hard to see him getting any non garbage time minute as he is right now but hey its only first game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Good. I want him to do well

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

No Clyde, Fisher isn't writing anything down because this what the knicks needs to fix: everything

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

So, I heard the knicks have a first round pick this year *strokes chin while nodding*

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I thought I heard the boobirds at the Knicks

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

They were probably chanting for Boo-rgnani

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Alright I give the Knick's performance tonight a D but a B- for effort. Let's try to put the ball through the hoop and not to the other team's hands next time. And for homework try to make some 3s.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Mitch McGary loving rules. Steven Adams rules

we're currently playing somebody named Talib Zanna at center with somebody named Lance Thomas at PF

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Mandrel posted:

we're currently playing somebody named Talib Zanna at center with somebody named Lance Thomas at PF

Talib Zanna owns. But he probably shouldn't be in the NBA and he definitely should not be playing center.

E: I also think he helped mentor Adams his one year at Pitt

lagcats
Oct 7, 2014

you know the deal
How many PPG will Kobe average this season if he stays healthy?

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

lagcats posted:

All of them

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Alright I give the Knick's performance tonight a D but a B- for effort. Let's try to put the ball through the hoop and not to the other team's hands next time. And for homework try to make some 3s.

My friend at work has been talking nonstop about how good the Knicks were gonna do this year and how they were gonna get a top 4 seed and then I saw him today and he looked like his soul was crushed and I loved it :mrapig:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Bullying Knicks fans should be considered an act of terrorism

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

lagcats posted:

He doesn't have any minute restrictions, but talk is he won't break 30 most nights. So I imagine in the 15ish points range.

Until the Lakers lose a lot and Scott feels like his job is in danger and lets Kobe play as much as Kobe wants to try and save his job ala D'Antoni/Brown.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

He doesn't have any minute restrictions, but talk is he won't break 30 most nights. So I imagine in the 15ish points range.

Until the Lakers lose a lot and Scott feels like his job is in danger and lets Kobe play as much as Kobe wants to try and save his job ala D'Antoni/Brown.

Come on, Kobe can score way more than 15 points in 30 minutes, especially if he knows he can play super hard during those 30 minutes, and even more if he doesn't play defense.

I'm gonna predict 22-25 ppg

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Mandrel posted:

Lance is a good guy to have in practice. He is good enough to make other guys look bad in practice if they slack off. You don't want him seeing any actual game minutes.

He also rules for the time he bought NOLA Hornets fans fries the day after he missed a free throw that would have given the team 100 points (and thus free fries via local McDonald's promotion).

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
dwight has a bruised knee, joey dorsey still out with some stupid injury, meaning we can get straight to the small ball aww yeah

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Bullying Knicks fans should be considered an act of terrorism

If you see the Knicks fan in the street, kill him!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
There is no one at the game

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
LA fans really chanting MVP in preseason

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

at least the Lakers are looking better than last year :shrug:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

E2M2 posted:

LA fans really chanting MVP in preseason

Warrior fans will be doing it in five years.

old dog child posted:

at least the Lakers are looking better than last year :shrug:

They look better than last year's regular season but worst than last year's preseason.

Yeah this offense is going to get the Lakers blown out a lot.

Ugh, smug Kerr acting like he has something to do with this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lin sucks.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Rick posted:

You, Strawberry. Hit a home run!

thegoonofaudio
Mar 21, 2008
Seeing him do well, I kinda feel bad the Wolves traded Burke to the Jazz but Gorgui made it worth it (assuming Shabazz isn't that good).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I take back what I said about booing in preseason because Jason Kapono hitting one more three than he did during his career with the Lakers deserved him getting booed.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Rick posted:

Offense looks way better with way less isos. They are actually hitting Barnes off of cuts with passes instead of telling him to post up and clearing a side.

HAIL LORD ZLATAN
Jan 2, 2011
Is this the season where Thibs sucks out Pau Gasols soul like Shang Tsung?

He tried it with Deng

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Demar is looking loving amazing.

Garbd
Dec 29, 2008

Wolves are looking... very Wolvesy. Flip seems to only like it when his players shoot long twos. Bennet made two of them on consecutive possessions, then tried a three and was instantly benched.

edit: maybe it's for the best cause they haven't made a three yet

Garbd fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 11, 2014

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
https://gfycat.com/SophisticatedDefensiveIcterinewarbler

Gordon smashing

Elfrid Payton looks pretty loving good by the way. If only he can hit free throws. Don't even care about him not shooting threes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Dam. Shved looks good for the 76ers

• Locked thread