Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Derek Jeter
This poll is closed.
YEAH JEETS 48 29.63%
NO JEETS!!! [You're da best tho] 77 47.53%
New Option for non-voters: A-Rod is the greatest 37 22.84%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Onmi posted:

So why did nobody tell me that Russo has been shadow booking Raw?

That is a million times better than the crap from last night.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Because when you have a three hour raw every week, you run out of fresh poo poo three times quicker.

It's not a coincidence that the most consistently good WWE-owned product for the last year or so has been the one that gets an hour of television each week.

This is a correct post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The main thing that makes me think Rock/Rusev isn't a one time thing is that Rock never hit the Rock Bottom.

Adam Rose did earlier in the night

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's not a coincidence that the most consistently good WWE-owned product for the last year or so has been the one that gets an hour of television each week.

Also it usually correlates that the less Vince cares about something, the better the show is.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
They are making Ambrose look super cool & smart & strong & I hope they don't ruin it too soon.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Did you guys see The Rock show up last night? That was cool.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Did you guys see The Rock show up last night? That was cool.

Oh cool, I thought it was just a dream

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Oh my god Rock seriously one of the most Charismatic guys ever to grace the WWE, I was giggling like a school girl during that whole piece.

Even Lana was desperately stopping herself from smiling the dude is amazing, has the Big show actually genuinely got into poo poo for the flag incident?!

I was also disappointed at the AJ - Paige match it did not seem as interesting as their past match ups.

Also Ambrose is a loving boss

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Onmi posted:

So why did nobody tell me that Russo has been shadow booking Raw?

Cena minor heel turn, Ladder match for the IC title, hardcore divas triple threat, Kane vs Orton for no good reason, Henry heel turn, Erick Rowan face turn (by Harper betraying him). Russo sure is Russo when he writes, that's the most overbooked thing I've seen in some time.

Critical posted:

I... don't hate this. It's actually pretty good.

I've heard RAW was bad, but seriously, Russo's show would be bad, particularly since he overbooks that you'd get sensory overload in 2 weeks.

Though god lord I think they should have let Kane, Orton and Seth pin Cena. It's 3 on 1 for god's sake, it doesn't make Cena look weak, it makes the heels look moderately competent.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 7, 2014

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Wazzu posted:

Cena heel turn, Ladder match for the IC title, hardcore divas triple threat, Kane vs Orton for no good reason, Henry heel turn, Erick Rowan face turn (by Harper betraying him). Russo sure is Russo when he writes, that's the most overbooked thing I've seen in some time.

I've heard RAW was bad, but seriously, Russo's show would be bad, particularly since he overbooks that you'd get sensory overload in 2 weeks.

Yeah, any single Russo-booked Raw might look like a nice change of pace in isolation but that poo poo would get old after the second Raw when everybody who turned last week for no reason turns again, for no reason.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah, any single Russo-booked Raw might look like a nice change of pace in isolation but that poo poo would get old after the second Raw when everybody who turned last week for no reason turns again, for no reason.

I like it because there's less reliance on the bad guys being hit with slime/condiments, and people act like poo poo is actually on the line.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Grendels Dad posted:

It's honestly hard for me to choose right now between that or WWE shows where they run the same matches every time and they all end in the same DQ finish.

Its like choosing between something memorable and stupid or boring and competent.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I had the chilling realisation last night that they may be saving Cena's big record breaking championship win for Wrestlemania.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I had the chilling realisation last night that they may be saving Cena's big record breaking championship win for Wrestlemania.

I hope not, I don't think I could watch a WWE without Cena as champion until April

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

^Don't worry, he said record-breaking. That means he gets one reign in the coming months, loses the belt, and gets number 17 at WM! :v:

Red posted:

I like it because there's less reliance on the bad guys being hit with slime/condiments, and people act like poo poo is actually on the line.

In theory this happens.

In execution you have World Champion Dean Ambrose happy to lose the World Title to Ben Savage.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

triplexpac posted:

It's honestly hard for me to choose right now between that or WWE shows where they run the same matches every time and they all end in the same DQ finish.

Its like choosing between something memorable and stupid or boring and competent.

Okay. Go back and watch Russo WCW. I swear to god the distant memory can LITERALLY NOT COMPARE TO THE REALITY. You have to watch it, you have to see what you are suggesting.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Great White Hope posted:

^Don't worry, he said record-breaking. That means he gets one reign in the coming months, loses the belt, and gets number 17 at WM! :v:

Good point!

Although...will this finally be the time where Trips gets another championship run? I want to see it so badly, but know it won't happen :(

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Todd Chrisley is going to be on Raw next week: http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2014-10-06/todd-chrisley-appears-on-raw-oct-13-2014-26709859

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Onmi posted:

Okay. Go back and watch Russo WCW. I swear to god the distant memory can LITERALLY NOT COMPARE TO THE REALITY. You have to watch it, you have to see what you are suggesting.

There's something hilarious about using the term "I swear to god" when you're complaining about Russo haha. I couldn't help read it in his voice.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

triplexpac posted:

There's something hilarious about using the term "I swear to god" when you're complaining about Russo haha. I couldn't help read it in his voice.

... Now I'm reading my own loving post in Russo's voice. Thank you. Thank you so much for this.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:smith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gently caress yes

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I at least understand why Chrisley is appearing. He has a show on USA, and USA gets to ask for stuff like this. The only people in the world that want to see him on Raw are the people who run USA.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Onmi posted:

... Now I'm reading my own loving post in Russo's voice. Thank you. Thank you so much for this.

So am I, you big bald son of a bitch.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

gently caress yes

we're here *dep*

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Atticus Finch posted:

They are making Ambrose look super cool & smart & strong & I hope they don't ruin it too soon.

It really is amazing how well they've handled him so far when you look at how terrible most of their faces are written and characterized.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Red posted:

I at least understand why Chrisley is appearing. He has a show on USA, and USA gets to ask for stuff like this. The only people in the world that want to see him on Raw are the people who run USA.

Yeah true, it's not like they can say no to this one. Which only makes me scratch my head at almost every other host they have

They are slowly creeping back up to the level of shittyness of the weekly RAW GM from a few years back

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Valeyard posted:

Yeah true, it's not like they can say no to this one. Which only makes me scratch my head at almost every other host they have

They are slowly creeping back up to the level of shittyness of the weekly RAW GM from a few years back

I don't watch Raw much anymore, but whenever I hear about these guest stars I really wonder what audience they're trying to reach with the current product.

Like at least back in the day it was pretty drat clear the Attitude Era was all about getting young men. Now it's this scattershot of "we're entertainment for EVERYBODY" and it just turns me off.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I don't watch Raw much anymore, but whenever I hear about these guest stars I really wonder what audience they're trying to reach with the current product.

Vince playing out his obsession with being a real Hollywood boy. Kevin Dunn is the same by all accounts, so he's probably just feeding the insanity.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Sandow Cam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIr_50Xh2ac

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

poo poo, someone's going to figure out Sandow's getting over and he won't be allowed to do this anymore.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

The Rock thing was really cool and out of left field but if that was a one off thing then it actually wasn't cool and I hate it :mad:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Is Rock sticking around for a bit or was that just a one-time thing?

Because if the WWE wants to do Rock/Rusev at HiaC I'm down

I would imagine that they want him to do a segment on Smackdown, since it's the 15th anniversary and it's The Rock's Show. And if you're going to have him show up for a taped show obviously you have him do a segment on the live show first.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Atticus Finch posted:

They always do this before they feed guys to Cena.

Say, who does Ambrose wrestle at the next PPV again?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lets not promote the Rock's return at all but we gotta make sure to get the word about Todd Chrisley a week in advance to capitalize on his fanbase

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

fatherdog posted:

I would imagine that they want him to do a segment on Smackdown, since it's the 15th anniversary and it's The Rock's Show. And if you're going to have him show up for a taped show obviously you have him do a segment on the live show first.

That makes sense.

Hopefully Smackdown involves Rusev beating up Rock good.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

They always do this before they feed guys to Cena.

Say, who does Ambrose wrestle at the next PPV again?

While this is entirely and I do mean ENTIRELY possible and likely... Cena lost At Summerslam when everyone expected him to win and at NoC he didn't get the title or a proper win and basically ended the PPV with the lamest victory in the world with the man he 'beat' standing over him. When everyone excepted him to win clean.

So it is not IMPOSSIBLE that he loses to Ambrose.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Oh my loving god.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ah, so this is why Bray set Harper and Rowan free, so Chrisley could adopt them. Bray gave them purpose, but Chrisley will teach them class not rear end.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I hope that they have Chrisley say the divas all dress too slutty and then Paige ddts him so hard he dies.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Chrisley has to be a heel right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU