Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
No other game I've ever played has felt as epic as God of War. Every set piece and machine you use is just so drat impressive.

A massive hole in the ocean. Giant statues you bring to life. A bridge rises from the ocean depths, the walkways trailing slightly behind.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
It still surprises me that this is a PSP game. I'm still wondering why they haven't done a PSVita GoW.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think it's because the Vita didn't sell too well; probably too expensive.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I'm back with Thanatos's place this time. Nearly at the end of the game now.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
Hey, I've got the penultimate main video.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
While I've played the game before, I barely remember anything about the Domain of Death. I guess I didn't find the level particularly memorable. I'm looking forward to your last video.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I'm back with the final video. Although I've got 2 or 3 smaller videos to come out, but it's nearly all over.

I should hopefully have the last few videos out before Saturday.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well, I timed this well. Just caught up with the last video and get the final one.

EDIT - I love giant fights, but I wish developers wouldn't default to defeating them via poking them a thousand times in the ankle while they cycle through their three different attacks.

The God of War series has certainly found a lot of ways to kill giant enemies, certainly more varied than a lot of other games I could mention. But the big enemies always have such a limited set of motions and attacks. I suppose so do the smaller enemies, it's just so much more noticeable when the enemy fills the entire screen for fifteen minutes at a time.

The Thanatos fight looked like a hell of a lot of fun, but they really could have done better than smacking him on the forearm.

Double edit: Nevermind. I went and looked it up, the post cutscene body was Callisto. Zeus is stone cold.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 30, 2015

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I've got 2 small videos for you lot today. These ones are the challenges of the gods.

I'll have one more video tomorrow, to release, It's about all the costumes and some other little things. I'm not quite done editing it yet but these were ready.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

So does Kratos know that Zeus is the gravedigger?

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011

Technowolf posted:

So does Kratos know that Zeus is the gravedigger?

I don't think he does. I mean he doesn't let on in GoW1 and then he doesn't really crop up again.

Here's the final video you lot. Thanks for watching the LP and sticking through all the delays, I've appreciated all the chat in the thread, I don't know if I will be back with another God of War game.

Here's the info about the extra bit of clothing http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_of_Sparta_(Costume) I don't think I will be able to get around playing the games on God Mode.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Thanks for all the hard work. The GoW games are all such fun.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Another great LP. Are you planning on LPing any other GoWs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
Like I say at the moment I'm not sure if I want to do another GoW. I know Kalonzombie hasn't long finished GoW1 and recently I've played the hell out of 1 trying to getting the platinum so I'm a bit burnt out on the first game. For some reason I'm not the biggest fan of 2 or 3 maybe it's because I've only played each of them once, I should go back to them. As for Ascension I haven't finished the game because of a particular end part of the game which frustrates me alongside the parry mechanics.

I think I'm going to tackle a different type of game next.

Oh and I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the compliment.

• Locked thread