Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

New Leaf posted:

My company moved into a new building earlier this year after some pretty extensive interior renovations, but the exterior remains about the same as it was back in the 1950's.

This right here is your answer. Odds are it was a house at one point in time, or had someone living there. I've never seen them outside of homes (even in Lakewood where there's blessings on everything...gotta keep all them rabbis in business somehow), but its possible, especially somewhere where they are such a minority like NC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Casca posted:

I grew up in rural north central Texas where none of the surrounding towns had any Jewish residents at all. Currently the west Texas city I live in now has one synagogue that serves 60 families who are spread out into smaller towns over a 70 mile radius. I don't think I've actually met a practicing Jew in person, ever.

I went to synaoguge here in south dakota once on rosh hashana. There were 12 of us. On rosh hashana. Says something when that's the turnout for a high holy day.

When i went to college in WV, I had to introduce my college roommate who came from a little tiny coal town in the middle of nowhere to someone who i had gone to high school with (I'm from NJ) to show that yes, Jewish people do still exist, they weren't wiped completely off the face of the planet in the holocaust. (for real, she thought they all died in WWII)

The US has a huge Jewish population, it's just centered in NY/NJ/PA/CT and CA.

\/\/\/ yeah but most of those started up in the NE and got sick of snow, so they're at heart NY/NJ guys. Also means FL is the only other state to get Wawa, so gently caress florida.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Oct 14, 2014

• Locked thread