Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Today's Games

Today in Baseball History
  • 1904 - Jack Chesbro got his 41st victory of the season as New York defeated the Boston Red Sox, 3-2.
  • 1925 - Walter Johnson opens the World Series in Pittsburgh. A fifth-inning home run by Pie Traynor is the only damaging blow as Johnson fans 10 for a 4-1 Washington win.
  • 1928 - Lou Gehrig's two home runs led the New York Yankees to a 7-3 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series, giving them a 3-0 lead.
  • 1933 - Flags are at half staff for Game Five to honor William L. Veeck, Chicago Cubs president, who died suddenly. On the field, the World Series comes to a close when Mel Ott homers in the 10th inning for a 4-3 Giants victory over Washington.
  • 1950 - Whitey Ford wins his first World Series game, 5-2, over Bob Miller at Yankee Stadium. The sweep of the Phillies gives the Yankees their 13th World Championship.
  • 1975 - The Red Sox gain a 5-3 win and three-game sweep over Oakland for the AL pennant. Carl Yastrzemski makes two great plays in the outfield and has two hits to back Rick Wise's pitching.
  • 1984 - The San Diego Padres won the National League pennant with a 6-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs in the final game of the playoffs. The Padres won three straight after dropping the first two.
  • 1995 - Edgar Martinez of the Seattle Mariners hit a tie-breaking grand slam in the eighth inning and drove in seven runs -- the most ever in a postseason game to date -- leading the Mariners past the New York Yankees, 11-8, and sending the AL playoff series to a decisive Game 5.
  • 1998 - Chuck Knoblauch argued for an interference call at first base instead of picking up the ball while Enrique Wilson scored to break a 1-1 tie in the 12th inning of the Cleveland Indians' 4-1 victory at New York in Game 2 of the AL championship series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Something tells me we're in for a loooong game tonight

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

axeil posted:

18 innings long? or like 12?

Let's hope for 19 :getin:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
"unintentional intentional walk"

Of all the stupid things I've heard Harold say this season I think this stands out

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
The hell is going on?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Wait did FS1 play an ad over an atbat again?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Jerry Meals make a questionable call? :monocle:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Oh just stick a big wad of tissue up there . That'll stop the bleeding

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:rip: Donny

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:wave: Bye, Donny

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Malaclypse posted:

i was away for a little bit and i come back and something rad happened bwa ha ha!

You missed a manager commit suicide on national television.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Go Nats. I don't want to wait until Friday for Baseball

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
"Bruce Bochy has put together this lineup"
[Show Nationals Lineup]

Boy this Fs1 broadcast is off to a swinging start isn't it?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Everyone's safe again, wtf?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Dear god, someone please make the shrill voiced ladies in the sprint ad go away

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Tetrix posted:

in game interviews are stupid and I hate them. just call the drat game :colbert:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

mikeycp posted:

Congrats nats Giants... :suicide:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
FS1 cuts the sound out as soon as Bryce enters the dugout. They knew what was coming.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

mikeycp posted:

Strickland is loving garbage

"The Closer of the Future"

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
The gently caress is this ladies hat? :stonk:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Ok, let's try this again

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Holy poo poo what is happening?

• Locked thread