Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vivaslacking
Jul 19, 2004

NightVis posted:

if it's running on Oxide can't the blueprint drops be managed? I pretty clearly remember this being doable in Legacy

also to whoever raided me and took everything except my hunting bow, why didn't you just kill me?

Yes, a custom mod can be installed to modify the loot tables that result in different drop rates for barrels, rad town crates and air drops. I do not know if that has been installed on the goon server, but judging from the amount of people who have stated they have the supply drop BPs, I don't think it's in. I'm also worried about the fact that everyone who states they have the supply drop BP is in the same clan as an admin. Could be a coincidence but that would be a pretty loving hefty surprise.

vivaslacking fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
I am just curious why the devs even made a blueprint for it since they stated it will not be craftable. If they don't want you to make it then why create the item that allows it?

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

vivaslacking posted:

Yes, a custom mod can be installed to modify the loot tables that result in different drop rates for barrels, rad town crates and air drops. I do not know if that has been installed on the goon server, but judging from the amount of people who have stated they have the supply drop BPs, I don't think it's in. I'm also worried about the fact that everyone who states they have the supply drop BP is in the same clan as an admin. Could be a coincidence but that would be a pretty loving hefty surprise.

I had hoped that Garry wouldn't have allowed a supply drop BP for obvious reasons, but if that is the case... it's time to consult the Council of Elrond to cast it into the fiery chasm from whence it came.

Bishyaler fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 17, 2015

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Wow yeah, that seems kinda weird that it would be a BP. I mean, with Legacy just having them as random Radtown/Supply Drop items they seemed okay.

Are they even worth it though? Drops seem kinda subpar, all I ever see are Thompsons and Medkits.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Hipster Occultist posted:

Wow yeah, that seems kinda weird that it would be a BP. I mean, with Legacy just having them as random Radtown/Supply Drop items they seemed okay.

Are they even worth it though? Drops seem kinda subpar, all I ever see are Thompsons and Medkits.

I have pulled rocket launchers and rockets from them and I have gotten maybe 10 supply drops. From what they said the supply signals were only supposed to be a dropped item and not a BP.

vivaslacking
Jul 19, 2004

Hipster Occultist posted:

They can drop anything from ready-to-deploy C4 to medkits and are somewhat random based on the loot table set by the server (which I'm assuming is default). The troubling factor in this is that the blueprints for them, at this point in time, all belong to members of a clan headed by an admin.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm
According to Rustafied, they are not craftable.

"Supply signals

Supply signals are back! For those of you who never played legacy, you toss this puppy like a grenade, it blows some smoke and, within a little bit, a plane drops a crate directly overhead. Watch where you toss this thing, it’s bound to attract unwanted attention. Also, use sparingly, because like rad pills, supply signals cannot be researched or crafted."

Could someone provide screenshots of the actual recipe? I'd hate to mod the server on a rumor.

vivaslacking
Jul 19, 2004

Bishyaler posted:

According to Rustafied, they are not craftable.

"Supply signals

Supply signals are back! For those of you who never played legacy, you toss this puppy like a grenade, it blows some smoke and, within a little bit, a plane drops a crate directly overhead. Watch where you toss this thing, it’s bound to attract unwanted attention. Also, use sparingly, because like rad pills, supply signals cannot be researched or crafted."

Could someone provide screenshots of the actual recipe? I'd hate to mod the server on a rumor.

Given that the blueprint is an item that can be given/spawned - and we have several people on the goon server that claim to have possession of this blueprint - is that really the issue? Or should we be more concerned with how people came to be in possession of the blueprint in the first place?

Edit - the item name is the predictable supply_signal if you'd like to attempt giving it to yourself or others.

Also, here is the item (craftable) after the blueprint has been found and studied.

vivaslacking fucked around with this message at 08:10 on May 17, 2015

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

vivaslacking posted:

Given that the blueprint is an item that can be given/spawned - and we have several people on the goon server that claim to have possession of this blueprint - is that really the issue? Or should we be more concerned with how people came to be in possession of the blueprint in the first place?

Edit - the item name is the predictable supply_signal if you'd like to attempt giving it to yourself or others.

Also, here is the item (craftable) after the blueprint has been found and studied.

Well poo poo. Shadowgate, how do you want to handle this? Know of any mods to remove that from the game?

vivaslacking
Jul 19, 2004

Bishyaler posted:

Well poo poo. Shadowgate, how do you want to handle this? Know of any mods to remove that from the game?

Ideally there would be a way to remove this blueprint from inventory without wiping everyone's blueprints - but beyond that, it would be beneficial to know how this blueprint was spawned and/or found if logs to that extent exist.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Kizurue posted:

Welp, now multiple people have the Supply Drop BP so yeah. Dunno how much I am gonna play till they fix it and wipe the BPs because the amount of rockets and C4 people are going to get now will just be stupid.

The second the game introduced the research table is the second poo poo like that stopped mattering to *some* degree. Everything in the game is only one person getting the BP for it from an entire clan having it. Making poo poo almost impossible to get only ensures that the second a member of a larger group gets something lucky, that entire clan will have it five seconds later and everyone else on the server is dicked. Like admins being in one of the larger groups: Of course they are, the larger groups are filled with people that actually care enough about the server to build something. Of course they'd have server admins. Those aren't really issues.

With that being said, it's a general statement and the Supply Drop BP is a bridge too far that makes them far more trivial than they should be. Everyone was leaning towards a wipe when they introduce the new build with the non-rad town in the center, so that'll probably get stepped up to "Definitely" with a side of "Mod our game not to have that BP".

vivaslacking
Jul 19, 2004

Boogaleeboo posted:

Like admins being in one of the larger groups: Of course they are, the larger groups are filled with people that actually care enough about the server to build something. Of course they'd have server admins. Those aren't really issues.

You honestly don't think that clans/groups having a member with the ability to spawn any item at any frequency in any amount without any logging or knowledge to the rest of the player base is an issue? Especially when it comes to items that can only, by arguments made (factual or not), be created by someone with administrative privilege?

thegoat
Jan 26, 2004
I guess that's where goon trust comes into play. A lot of accusations against the admin for something that is likely just a bug.

Server owners / admins can't play the game?

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
Apparently the supply beacon BP is caused by an oxide plugin and that you can't find the BP/use the research table to generate a BP on any of the official/non-modded servers. Or at least that is the word on the topic on this elsewhere. So good job person behind whatever plugin is allowing this. :v:

Edit: Is the server running BetterLoot? It adds in the BP for the supply signal and seems to be what most people are pointing towards.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 17, 2015

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

vivaslacking posted:

You honestly don't think that clans/groups having a member with the ability to spawn any item at any frequency in any amount without any logging or knowledge to the rest of the player base is an issue?

They can do that anyway by dint of being in a large group. It doesn't loving matter if they spawn infinite rockets or they make 50 rockets just because they have 20 people in their group working at it. Your base is still hosed. It doesn't matter if you make drop rates on BPs worse, because they have 20 times the chance of a single non-clan person of getting it [And realistically, more. Because they have so many people they can rush supply drops/rad towns to clear them out when smaller people are left pushed out to the side foraging random trash cans....which the clans would also have a better chance of getting because they have more people out there in the first place to look around for cans].

As I said, all your complaints became meaningless bullshit the second the research table was introduced. Now any BP is an infinite amount of that BP for the people willing to take the time to produce it, which means any BP a member of a clan gets is a BP *every* member of that clan has.

tl:dr If you were expecting balance from your dick picture simulator you hosed up somewhere along the way.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 17, 2015

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!
While I am disappointed to see Wu Tower destroyed, I realize it was inevitable. Good job to the FORD and GM fellas, I hope it was worth all the explosives it would have taken.

The good thing abut Wu Tang is that it's forever, mutha fuckas!

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 17, 2015

vivaslacking
Jul 19, 2004

thegoat posted:

I guess that's where goon trust comes into play. A lot of accusations against the admin for something that is likely just a bug.

Server owners / admins can't play the game?

That is a good point and I agree with you.

Rejdukien
Jul 24, 2008

Enzer posted:

Apparently the supply beacon BP is caused by an oxide plugin and that you can't find the BP/use the research table to generate a BP on any of the official/non-modded servers. Or at least that is the word on the topic on this elsewhere. So good job person behind whatever plugin is allowing this. :v:

Edit: Is the server running BetterLoot? It adds in the BP for the supply signal and seems to be what most people are pointing towards.

I was just going to suggest installing BetterLoot and adding the supply beacon to the blacklist. But if vanilla loot tables don't contain the blueprint, no need to get it.
Also sorry for ruining the fun, but GM didn't get the blueprint. We just had a spare signal from an earlier supply drop.

Edit: There's also a plugin called "BlueprintManager" which lets you remove a certain blueprint from every player on the server, if you want to be sure.
Edit 2: Also the latest version of BetterLoot already prevents supply signal blueprints from dropping. Has been released a few hours after the compatibility patch for the new rust version.

Rejdukien fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 17, 2015

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
We aren't running any special loot table mods - so if the Supply Signal blueprint is in the game, it's in Vanilla as well. I think the only way to fix this would be to wipe player data. Rust uses a file format that cannot be edited for player data, so as far as I know, there is no way to remove an individual blueprint.

Edit: just used the blueprint supply manager addon to remove all the learned supply signal blueprints that may have been learned. Now I need to figure out if the blueprints are in the loot tables by default, or if some addon is screwing things up.

Edit2: Banned all supply beacon crafting. Increased resource stack limit to 2,500, up from 1,000.

Shadowgate fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 17, 2015

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Shadowgate posted:

We aren't running any special loot table mods - so if the Supply Signal blueprint is in the game, it's in Vanilla as well. I think the only way to fix this would be to wipe player data. Rust uses a file format that cannot be edited for player data, so as far as I know, there is no way to remove an individual blueprint.

Edit: just used the blueprint supply manager addon to remove all the learned supply signal blueprints that may have been learned. Now I need to figure out if the blueprints are in the loot tables by default, or if some addon is screwing things up.

Edit2: Banned all supply beacon crafting. Increased resource stack limit to 2,500, up from 1,000.

Looks to have removed all crafting times too.

Edit: Looks like this is for admins only. I hope there is a way to turn it off. It's not much of a cheat, but I still don't like having advantages.

Bishyaler fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 17, 2015

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

Bishyaler posted:

Looks to have removed all crafting times too.

Edit: Looks like this is for admins only. I hope there is a way to turn it off. It's not much of a cheat, but I still don't like having advantages.

Should be fixed now.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

vivaslacking posted:

That is a really, really bullshit opinion to have.

I guess Bishyaler and Shadowgate aren't allowed to play on their own server anymore? I'll happily give up moderator tag if it somehow makes people feel better, but it's pretty lovely to simply throw around accusations of wrongdoing for no reason.

Also, I'm almost positive if we did a double gather/.75 craft speed, and advertised it, it would draw even more people to the server.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 17, 2015

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Kimsemus posted:

I guess Bishyaler and Shadowgate aren't allowed to play on their own server anymore? I'll happily give up moderator tag if it somehow makes people feel better, but it's pretty lovely to simply throw around accusations of wrongdoing for no reason.

Also, I'm almost positive if we did a double gather/.75 craft speed, and advertised it, it would draw even more people to the server.

Double gather would draw more people, but for people that don't have C4, now raiding means chopping through 2x as many walls. It's not fun to hit a wall with a pickaxe for 5 minutes.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bishyaler posted:

Double gather would draw more people, but for people that don't have C4, now raiding means chopping through 2x as many walls. It's not fun to hit a wall with a pickaxe for 5 minutes.

A lot of servers do double gather, doesn't really affect bases TOO much in my experience. All bases die. It's twice the c4 crafting so it's proportional.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

This server is a strict No Furry Zone

thegoat
Jan 26, 2004

Shadowgate posted:

Increased resource stack limit to 2,500, up from 1,000.

Have my babies! I've been crying about this for ages. Thank you

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009
Is the server goons play on the one in comments on the steam community group?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Ridinspinnaz posted:

Is the server goons play on the one in comments on the steam community group?

Client.connect remote.insomniacs.biz:28015

In related news, with a growing number of organized pubbies, GM and FORD have elected to make a truce against raiding each other until the situation becomes more clear.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 18, 2015

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Man, this game rules. Been playing GTA5 a ton and coming back to this.. it's so engaging.

So..

1) Last time I played it was random maps on Experimental. We've all got the same map on every server now?

2) No third person anymore, right?

3) Any good guides on the blueprint system? What do I do with them? Use them all as soon as I find them so they're committed to my 'knowledge' and I won't lose them?

4) Logged onto a server and it was great except animal spawns seemed low, just move around and find a more populated spot.. like it was before?

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

Man, this game rules. Been playing GTA5 a ton and coming back to this.. it's so engaging.

So..

1) Last time I played it was random maps on Experimental. We've all got the same map on every server now?

2) No third person anymore, right?

3) Any good guides on the blueprint system? What do I do with them? Use them all as soon as I find them so they're committed to my 'knowledge' and I won't lose them?

4) Logged onto a server and it was great except animal spawns seemed low, just move around and find a more populated spot.. like it was before?

1) Maps are still randomly generated, though a server can use the same seed to keep the same map between wipes. The devs have recently released a secondary map choice called Hapis Island, which is a WIP hand crafted map inspired by the old legacy map.

2) Third person mode was removed.

3) Find blueprints in radtowns and randomly spawning barrels, using a blueprint commits it to memory and you will 'remember" that blueprint for the server that you found it on (find an SMG bp on one server means you have it unlocked for that server, but if you go to a different server, you have to start over). You can eventually craft an object called the research table. The research table is kind of WIP right now and how it functions will eventually change, but right now placing an object into the table has a 30% chance of turning it into a BP. So lets say you find an SMG in a barrel, but not the bp, you can take the SMG to a research table and by having the materials to craft the weapon in your inventory, you can attempt to make a bp. If you fail to make a bp, the SMG or whatever it is will break and you will have to repair it in order to try again.

4) Animals kind of move about, I've noticed that they spawn mostly near forested areas and shy away from where players are building (if they see a player they just bolt). Animals also have an internal hunger system, so animals like wolves eventually get hungry and will go out and hunt boars and deer.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Enzer posted:

1) Maps are still randomly generated, though a server can use the same seed to keep the same map between wipes. The devs have recently released a secondary map choice called Hapis Island, which is a WIP hand crafted map inspired by the old legacy map.

2) Third person mode was removed.

3) Find blueprints in radtowns and randomly spawning barrels, using a blueprint commits it to memory and you will 'remember" that blueprint for the server that you found it on (find an SMG bp on one server means you have it unlocked for that server, but if you go to a different server, you have to start over). You can eventually craft an object called the research table. The research table is kind of WIP right now and how it functions will eventually change, but right now placing an object into the table has a 30% chance of turning it into a BP. So lets say you find an SMG in a barrel, but not the bp, you can take the SMG to a research table and by having the materials to craft the weapon in your inventory, you can attempt to make a bp. If you fail to make a bp, the SMG or whatever it is will break and you will have to repair it in order to try again.

4) Animals kind of move about, I've noticed that they spawn mostly near forested areas and shy away from where players are building (if they see a player they just bolt). Animals also have an internal hunger system, so animals like wolves eventually get hungry and will go out and hunt boars and deer.

And manflesh. Bears loving love the taste of sleeping manflesh.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
do bears really attack sleepers? makes sense, but ive never died camping in a bush

can you still camp underwater or do you drown

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?

Kimsemus posted:

I agree, double gather and .75 craft speed would alleviate a lot of the tedium of Rust. Also, please make code locks a default BP because gently caress keys.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
how would that alleviate tedium? youd have twice as much garbage to spend on c4 and you'd spend 50% more time crafting it to break through twice as many walls

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Verviticus posted:

how would that alleviate tedium? youd have twice as much garbage to spend on c4 and you'd spend 50% more time crafting it to break through twice as many walls

It doesn't really equate like that in most cases because of restrictions in the stability system in bases, and in general promotes more interaction and combat since people are less careful about what they lose. I vote to implement those changes.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Kimsemus posted:

It doesn't really equate like that in most cases because of restrictions in the stability system in bases, and in general promotes more interaction and combat since people are less careful about what they lose. I vote to implement those changes.

For whatever it's worth, I also support these kind of changes. Both attack and defense may be accelerated but in general there would be more doing things and less gathering which I think is A Good Change as gathering for the kind of projects we do on this server is certainly anti-fun - especially when the inevitable wipes come. It may change the server meta slightly, but I don't think we could really project exactly how without trying. I also think it would be more of a pro than a con to the pubbies we want to attract.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Kimsemus posted:

I'd be down with these as well.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
So I joined the steam Rust group, but the server listed on it doesn't really seem to have anyone on it, is there a different one, or is the map really that loving big?

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Pumpkinreaper posted:

So I joined the steam Rust group, but the server listed on it doesn't really seem to have anyone on it, is there a different one, or is the map really that loving big?

You're seeing the effects of The Witcher 3 coming out yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Oh man next update removes mushroom collision. Best update.

• Locked thread