Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
EU4 is pretty generic and does a nice job of teaching you mapgame basics but IMO isn't as fun or varied as CK2 or Vic2 in the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
I bet it's just you elect your actual heir rather than primo but still get your titles gavelkinded when you die

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial

ZeroCount posted:

anyone got any good tips for trying to unite all of India?

do it in vic2 as Punjab/the Sikhs where it's hella fun

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
it's a pretty tough start which is why it's fun. I think the best thing to do is to go in on Afghanistan early, this is a bitch of a war but you can usually catch their armies in a bad spot. Sindh is another good target. you have a ton of pops, so mobilization kicks rear end.

If you have problems with the brits early, sometimes it's better to just give em what they want.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial

PleasingFungus posted:

yeah I got both afghanistan + sindh but got dow'd by russia and lost half of afghanistan back to them almost immediately. currently somewhere in the early 1890s and hovering consistently in the bottom half of the secondary powers.

ah man getting russia on you is nasty and yea probably one of those where you just auto-peace. now I'm wondering if /gsg/ mod doesn't actually make it easier or maybe i just got hella lucky. there's a /gsg/ mod event where the brits will auto-declare on you which in retrospect might actually be good since you get a defensive war against them, I got the United Provinces from that one. it also has a decision where you can run the UK out if you siege down a bunch of specific states and get their WE really high (did this with a crisis war where France hosed em)

guess the one other thing to know is you can probably take the brits around when you civilize since they don't keep a lot of troops in India (maybe 2 30-stacks?) and you can mobilize and murder em. all their Indian allies will come in which is free warscore for you as you stomp their lovely unciv armies.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
i like the one where you play warhammer

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
Yea in EU4 you usually want to vassalize and diplo-annex countries rather than fullon annexing them cause of the cores and AE cost.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Anyone notice that they getting random provinces...I ended up with freaking provence as byzantium despite having nothing to do with them. My only guess is an ally sieged it in a war and the war leader gave it to me.

Weirdly enough Charlemagne started doin this to my duke of Flanders in CK2. Like just giving me random vassals. Count in Brittany, one in Italy, and a fuckin random bishopric in France which is now hurting his opinion of me cause he wants it back... I thought it was a vassal limit thing at first but bishoprics don't even count for that.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
Yeah Hastein of Nantes in the old gods start is really drat fun, you start w/ a single county surrounded by Christians, and three thousand angry vikings with boats for em.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
Heavenly kingdom works in /gsg/ at least, dunno if it's a NNM thing.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
everyone bitches about no stuff to do in peace in EU, but what can you actually add? vic2 and ck2 have stuff to do in peace b/c of core game mechanics, i dunno how you add that in DLC

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
look at how good i am at using gameshark

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
does it let you do an old yeller to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008