Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I started to learn Hearts of Iron IV last night in a game where I started as Italy and my 2 friends started as the German Reich and Japan. We stopped right as 1940 started and I own half of Africa, Southern France and the west half of China and despite the world tension being at 100% since we conquered France a World War has yet to begin. I guess I'm into map games now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Welcome to italian asia. my friends were upset when I took half of china for no reason but look at me now

I need to get iran and iraq involved in this war so I can have the biggest name in the world.

My goal is to have a piece of Italy in every continent. 3 down, 3 to go and the other 3 are involved in the current world war so it's only a matter of time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's great to be here.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'd be up for a game but I am terrible and just lost to the ai a minute ago.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Germany invited all of the axis except me (Romania) to their Soviet war. Is this a bug or do they just not want me?

I've spent the last few months desperately trying to hold Italy from the UK but it isn't going well. Especially because I had the army I was trying to use tied to a different front line order for a while and I didn't figure out why all my divisions kept walking back to the Soviet border every time I stopped looking at them until the UK had already taken Rome.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I (Japan) was the first person invited to join the Reich because my fascism unity and nationalism was insanely high after clowning on China

I asked to join the axis way earlier...they just don't want me fighting the soviet union I guess. It's time to declare my own war on the soviets.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

We should get the MP game going tonight, if people are around.

I'm in if my friends don't want to continue our game tonight.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm around now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

it was very fun to

watch

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Yeah sorry about that :sweatdrop: we honestly shoulda just started over when things went south so early

I learned a good lesson on which side to choose in the spanish civil war. and to just not pick spain ever again lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Playing it fairly straightforward though still. Like I'm just communist Russia and selecting all the historically accurate treaty options with Germany, pushing into the baltics and Poland and kinda defusing the Japanese front. After this I wanna try something stupid like full communist America that ignores international conflict completely and takes over South America

The American Commune Hemisphere sounds like a good time. might steal your idea

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lol the kaiserreich mod is dumb

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Eagle play the DH version.

Still enjoying it even though it's unfinished in this version. It's making the friend that I'm playing with really annoyed though because the entire world declared war on us (UK/French Commune) when the only aggressive act either of us did was send 2 volunteers to the us red faction. Germany's units seemed to be flat out better than ours but we finally took out their mainland after we took the time to prepare despite endless harassment from Canada and Ukraine.

The worst thing that happened was Germany declaring war on us 2 seconds before I took Denver with my 2 volunteers to remove the original US from the game and then the AI over there doing absolutely nothing for a whole year. It was so close.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 5, 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Is there a HoI4 mod that makes the invasion pop-up more noticeable? It's really to miss if you're focusing on one front especially when you have a big country.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've done nothing but mapgame this year. 35 hours in 4 days.

I want to get in to CKII. I have the base game but zero dlc. Which are the important ones that I should grab on the next sale? Is it worth playing without them?

Plutonis posted:

Eagle play the DH version. It's a magnificent mod in its natural state.

I'm actually really enjoying the mod. A friend hotjoined our session today as communist America and we ended both of our defensive world wars. Canadian occupation of the Isle of Man was a real thorn in my side for the entire war so it felt great to take all of Canada away from them. Now I have a piece of the Union of Britain on every continent. Asia is a real mess right now so we're probably going to jump in to that next session.

I will pick up DH soon for sure, it's only ten bucks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Maps have started to appear when I close my eyes. I'm obsessed.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My friends told me that nukes are worthless. I haven't bothered using them yet so I don't know if it's true.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

The post war peace conference slows the game to a complete crawl

It pauses the game lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah count me in. I'll be Australia or something.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Does anyone have the dlc though

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

How about 7 est for the new MP game?

I promised someone I'd play something around that time but I'll hotjoin if I can't make 7est

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

all right. it's 7

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm sad that I can't seem to play online without hosting. Can't seem to find a reason/fix anywhere.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Yup. And it's the most insane map game I've ever seen.

drat it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

RIP.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Is this the Kaiserreich mod?

Yes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

BBJoey posted:

how is hoi4 kaiserreich?

I can't compare it to other versions of kaiserreich because HoI4 is my first mapgame. But of the 3 conversion mods I've tried for HoI4 it has been the most interesting. We finished WW1 in the Great War mod and it was okay, but some of the scripting seems broken currently. We only played the modern day mod up to 9/11 happening and it was kind of boring.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really want EUIV

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Anyone want to get an IZ kaiserreich game going some time?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

K. Just thinking of stuff I could host without owning the dlc so I could actually play with you guys.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

You don't have to have the DLC, just the host. But the big problem with kaiserreich right now is most of the countries don't have events or trees still, and the default tree sucks rear end

I know. Whenever I've tried playing with you guys without hosting though the game slows down to 1 speed.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In our kaiserreich game that we finished austria capitulated in a week and spain capitulated in 3 days. But the shortest a country lasted was when the ottomans joined our last war against the co-prosperity sphere 1 day before it ended and lost everything.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plutonis posted:

The Tension and faction system is loving gay!!!

On our last session of HoI4 kaiserreich all of the events of countries not in our faction fired again leading to a second Iraqi and Syrian revolt. The mod needs work for sure lol.

My least favorite thing has to be peace treaties. If you don't make sure to give all of the pieces of a country to your puppets the AI that has 12 points will swoop in and take all of the provinces you missed. Japan looked so bad at the end of our kaiserreich game. I need an option to kick countries that do that poo poo out of my faction.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh my god.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

:barf:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Spoiler tag those borders please.

Greece and Russia ruined everything in this war. going to fix it during the treaty.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

what the gently caress

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

How did you guys do that anyway? We tried a South Africa, India and Australia game and couldn't get India out of the allies before they were dragged into the UK's war. We were going facsist. Another time as SA/Canada/India as communist and India got into a civil war and then couldn't train divisions anymore due to a bug. gently caress India is what I'm saying.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plutonis posted:

I was India player and I did had the civil war and lost a lot of divisions (even though I literally won in a week cause the enemy had exactly one division against my 7 lmfao) but I did it really early on so I could recoup the losses.

Once British India capitulated all of our India's provinces turned red in the division training menu and we couldn't set a location. This bug has been in the game since release lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Paradox Grand Strategy Collection ($99.99) containing Europa Universalis IV, Hearts of Iron III, Crusader Kings 2 (already owned) and Victoria II is on sale for $24.99. Dare I? I really only want to play EU4 for now and I know nothing about HoI3 or Victoria 2.