Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ck2 is good. i'm trying to figure out eu4 but haven't had much time to dive into it so i don't really get what i'm doing yet. the whole trade system seems weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I like CK2 but never played a Total War game. Is one of them particularly good?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Map Gamer Feels: you're laying in bed, but you can't sleep because you keep trying to think up strats for a game you're playing/planning.

same except at work

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

maybe it was a mistake but i got rome 2. couldn't resist the setting

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i don't care about this dumb realtime battle bullshit. can i disable that and just do the map part?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

you can autobattle and poo poo

aight cool

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i don't care about borders

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

LEave. Noew.

grr im so mad that you dont play this in the ocd way i play it

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

how long does it take to start unlocking ideas in euiv? on my first game

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

im not gonna lie i was pretty miffed when i found out the new dlc was loving charlemange. like, yeah, that's cool, but can you please fix all this other poo poo first? if the country isn't catholic or norse it's religon mechanics are super loving boring. my favorite lovely pagan religion is west african because it doesnt actually have anything good about it. it's just -relations and a bunch of poo poo you can't do for no real reason. also zorastorians and jews are both just Catholics But You Get Pwnd By Muslims

even norse kind of blows after the initial low tech raiding period

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

most interesting ck2 game i've played was when the HRE conquered me and then i spent like 200 years building power as a vassal till i could take the empire over

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

OkieMurse posted:

I always ragequit whenever I get steamrolled like that.

I need to stick with it for cool stories like that.

i recommend it

i was irish, so after becoming kaiser i did a huge sweeping purge of all the german nobles. was fun

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cool hat

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

in the old patch i had a game where i made a norse pagan empire spanning britain, scandinavia, northern russia, brittany, normandy, north germany, and poland by 1000 from an old gods start. the byzantines flipped to catholic at some point and the muslims conquered france so i played as the only orthodox ruler left in the world and ended up a moderately powerful orthodox duke after inciting a bunch of revolts with my awesome count so I could watch the AI break it up. then the patch hit so welp

oh, you switched over to that count? i always forget that you can do that and just play as one dynasty.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

why are they called ideas

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

elf help book posted:

heres what i learned in american public schools:

egypt was cool
rome was big
henry viii had a lot of wives
civil war was bad
hitler was bad

hitler died as "the allies" overtook berlin

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i like how all pagans are homies in ck2

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I don't think I understand vassal limit in Charlemagne. I was at 36/34 so I transferred two count vassals to two of my dukes, and afterwards I'm still at 36/34. Idgi

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if the levy bug is that bad i guess i'll put my charlemagne game on hold till they fix it. i guess i'll try to learn how to play euiv again

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I'm trying to learn EU4 coming from CK2. Is there any advantage to keeping my heavy ships docked? Does that save money or anything?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

heavy ship maintenance is expensive as motherfuck so they should be kept at dock/mothballed until a war against a naval power starts otherwise you are better off just letting light ships protect trade

Good to know, so I won't have them patrol just for the gently caress of it then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

eat a dick