Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Who else is going to play Imperator on release and loving hate it but then begrudgingly come to enjoy it three or four expansions from then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

P-Mack posted:

So is HoI4 good now I've been thinking of reinstalling

It was good at release

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

P-Mack posted:

I know I mean did they gently caress it up somehow in the meantime. This is Paradox.

No they have kept it safely away from Groogy.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm going to play Carthage

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’m getting it day one because I’m a reckless psycho, I’ll let y’all know

It's going to suck dick and I'm going to easily put 1000 hours into it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
What's everyone's first game in Imperator gonna be. I'm thinking Carthage, really turn the tables on history.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Average Bear posted:

I'm going to buy it for the eu4 content pack and then refund it because it needs 2 more years to finish

Don't wait 2 years, just keep your eyes out for groogy getting put on it. That's when the downslide will start

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Probably Parthians or the Picts (assuming they aren't so far from anything its boring). Idk anything about Imperator other than its Roman Republic era, but if it has late enough end date I might try to play a Germanic tribe and conquer Roman Britain like the Angles and Saxons did IRL

Too early. The enddate is before the Romans even capture britain.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Johan spends a lot of nights dreaming he hasn't come to class all semester

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
got imperator. it's okay. feels like i'm getting rear end blasted with information and numbers that don't matter at all. wish that all the nation specific achievements worked.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just bought the huge fuckoff bundle. I've never played CK2 before, what DLCs should I enable/disable. I'm reading that the Sunset Invasion one isn't great for a new player

Turn them all on, and then, turn CK2 off.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I started the tutorial with Alfonso VI and my brain is already broken. Any tips for a noob

Just roll with the punches

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Try being funny

It took you two days to think of this comeback

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

I'd rather groogy work on ck3 than vic3

I'd rather he was killed

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Stealing a post from the Games thread, here’s a new article that goes into more detail about the stuff that’s already been announced, and a reddit post by the author that goes into some smaller details that didn’t make it into the article. Info comes from a conversation with Henrik:

Some pretty interesting stuff, being able to dig up actual dirt on characters for intrigue sounds cool. Seems like Muslims will use the old “characters that like you more give you more levies” system while feudal characters rely on actual feudal contracts where they have to provide x% of the troops and income to their lord but can use leverage to try to force a better contract.

Also, no wacky poo poo (supernatural stuff, horse culture, etc) at launch and if they do add it there will be an option to turn it off day one. There’s still stuff to account for the way medieval people viewed the world but it won’t actually be supernatural, a character can be a witch but it just means that they’re herbalists or fortune-tellers or whatever, not that they can spend Dark Power to curse their enemies.

The "oh man you can actually talk to satan" was some of the aidiest poo poo in the game thank god.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm not going to be hype until I see groogy, dead

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

That dude sounds like a big hit at parties

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

can't wait for none of these features to not be in the base game and they're delivered over 3 years of quarterly 60 dollar dlcs 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕��🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

None of them not being in the base game means they're all in the base game. Topic locked.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Just FYI you can get the game + every expansion I think except the unit packs for 17 dollars on Humble Bundle right now. Thats what I just did.

Which game?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Europa Universalia IV/.

Bad rear end. Humble Bundle FTMFW

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

swimsuit posted:

the new kaiserreich update is really good and i recommend u play it

Maybe in 5 years when all 20 of the HOIV dlc is going for $17.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What about the content packs?

Oh they there

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

If I already own a bunch of that stuff how does it work. Does Humble give me all the codes separately so I can share DLC codes for stuff I already own with someone else.

Yah exactly.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

Tomorrow's the big day.

We're finally going to kill Groogy?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

buddy just gave me CK3 for my birthday so i guess i'm doin that instead of ff8 for the rest of the day

Happy birthday, imp

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

My son was a knight serving in the army that I left to defend our capital. The unit was defeated in a real tight battle, but he died on the last day. The victorious army kidnapped and imprisoned my wife on the same day and I had a Mental Breakdown and could either become addicted to drugs or just accept a crippling depression debuff for 6 years.

Nice. What happened to your character after his wife got kidnapped?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

heehee posted:

it's a game, on a map. what the gently caress

Most games have maps, dumbass.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Don't forget the old tried-and-true strategy when it comes to dealing with Norsemen.

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

strong bird posted:

I am putting the Wiz on notice. I will kick his rear end if Victoria 3 is bad.

[[smash cut to Wiz putting on riot gear]]

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
End of an era...

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

me, ever since the Emperor release:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

kill groogy and wiz wth chainsaws

Unfortunately, this must be done

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It was the best game in the world after art of War and then they ruined it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

what was cool in art of war and then how did it get bad

That was when they added a ton of map provinces outside of Europe and qol stuff like the army builder, but before they added nonsense like sailors

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

is Rome still fully wack? thats one of my favorite time periods and it sucks the game was so bad at launch

They gave up on it after the first round of patches

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

paradox has always been bad but for a brief 2 or so years ck2 and eu4 were really good.

yep

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
*fromsoftware intro va* Overlord... and his vassalized YouTubers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Eu4 after art of war came out was the best game in history and they hosed it up!!!