Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'd really like to try one of these games but it looks like they all develop terminal AIDS eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EU4 is on sale for $10, should I buy it if I've never played one of these games more complicated than Civilization.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I'm gonna blow my loving lid if that DLC I bought two days is 2 dollars right now.

GMG has a huge Paradox sale right now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

eu4 was m y first mapgame other thn like ten hours of ck1 and it blew my fuckin mind

corn in the bible posted:

if you've never played a mapgame then eu4 is an excellent choice. i have some problems with it to be sure but it's super accessible and absolutely has the best designed UI so it's great for people who are new to paradox stuff

Cool I'll probably get it then.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

corn in the bible posted:

eventually after playing eu4 for a while maybe you'll think you wanna do more stuff with the leaders and people in your country and you'll pick up ck2, or you'll wanna do a bunch of war stuff and kill hitler so you'll buy a hearts of iron game, or you'll get crippling ocd and buy victoria 2

I already own CK2 from a bundle from a long time ago, according to this thread it sucks now though?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I did it, everyone. I bought EU4 for $8. Is any of the DLC worth it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Try asking "Otto Man" to be gentle. Interesting name, by the way

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EU4 just downloaded in less than a minute. My insane pace

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The interface and amount of options in this game are insane

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The tutorial had me playing as England and attacking my ancestral homeland of Ireland. My dad would go insane if he saw this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Speaking of Civ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

julian assflange posted:

Looks like that console version from years back

It reminds me of some Asian-themed RTS from a long time ago I can't remember the name of

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

julian assflange posted:

I was left...unmoved my Beyond Earth

Take your Metamucil.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Has anyone actually bought and played Civ 6 yet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

My friend Zach has.

What does Zach think?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I went to Germany I ate so much kebab and it was amazing. Also in Greece I ate a ton of gyros which are kind of the same thing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just bought the huge fuckoff bundle. I've never played CK2 before, what DLCs should I enable/disable. I'm reading that the Sunset Invasion one isn't great for a new player

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I started the tutorial with Alfonso VI and my brain is already broken. Any tips for a noob

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CK2 completely baffled me but I just tried the CK3 tutorial and I think I'm understanding things a little better. Everything seems to be better laid out and the tutorial actually did a good job explaining a lot of the basics. I'm also trying to keep in mind that I'm not gonna understand everything and I should just kinda go with it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

a mirror?

I’m seein double here…

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

kid from angels in the outfield: hey, dad, when are you and mom getting back together?

dad: I dunno kid when

Lol. Christopher Lloyd guiding the arms of a bunch of dumpy Swedes as they code Zoroastrian bonuses

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Going to have the phrase “vassalized youtubers” prodromally wandering in the back of my mind for the next several months/years now

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah, one two Sicilies before you, that’s what I said now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002